PDA

View Full Version : New Rayleigh Karting info coz the gist has got lost in the other thread

Rude Dog
28-05-2004, 14:51
Its now booked for Saturday 12th June at 6:30 PM

Its a tenner deposit to me asap in one shape or another or the full amount of £25. Take your choice. I think we may get a discount if we all pay the ful amount up front and before hand but I shall find out when I have the dough :thumbs:

If you wanna get a cheque or postal order out to me send it to
Jonathan Davey
18 Shirley Road
Leigh-on-Sea
Essex
SS9 4JY

If you want to pay direct into my bank account let me know cos I dont really want that info being readily available.

However you are paying let me know so I know whether to check my bank account or look out for the post etc and can let people know when payments have been received one way or t'other.

Alternatively if you want to drop off cheque or cash etc then call round. A free cup of tea or coffee to anyone who wants to drop in
Any probs call me on 07967 097866 anytime (literally )

Teams. AFAIC you can sort em out now between you or on the day. Its up to you but can you please use the other thread and keep this one for letting me know youve paid in one form or another and how much. :nod:

Cheers all.

Can a mod make this sticky please and let loose the other thread :D :thumbs:

Rude Dog
29-05-2004, 10:20
Ok so far so good but already were down 3 drivers, p. nicholas, pugwash and digglett cannot make it so can any of you who are coming that are matey with other local members ask around to try and fill these places. A couple have said you have mates who want to come and that will be fine if we have to make the numbers up but please remember that we'll be representing OUR club and dont want to leave with a bad rep :thumbs:
If you can get extras to make up the numbers if necessary can you post here so I know whats what. :)

Rude Dog
29-05-2004, 18:41
This little bit of the BB will be for people who have paid up.

Rude Dog: £25.00
Grinder: £25.00 Nice car mate :thumbs:
Peewee: £25.00
Peewee's Nephew: £25.00
twinturboch: £25.00
Graham B: £25.00
Grinders mate: £30 owed a fiver refund
Danielles mate:£25.00
Adam D:£25.00

Big up yourself :notworthy

Confirmed but not paid :)
Nismo Mark
Danielle+1
pimpdaddy
GmasterT
sideways danny
tross
pulsating star
m4tt c
rob-s13
A Waterfield
Jason
Drifts s14
Phil LS
Sideways dannys mate

Just coz your on this list doesnt mean anything for those paying by bank transfer :thumbs:
Full House, all places filled now phew :cool: :clap: as of 2007 8/6/04

Duff Man
30-05-2004, 11:37
I may be able to get two friends to fill spaces, one is a 300zx.co.uk moderator/SE meet organiser (mike groves) the other is a member of imoc mr2 club.. both sensible and local chaps and have raced @ rayleigh before with no problems (last birthday we went there, very good races - so close!).

Not a problem if they can't come after all its a club event and member should have priority (I still havent paid my membership, I'm tempted to pay up even though I don't have the car yet! - only £15!)

AD

twinturboch
31-05-2004, 19:01
I've just sent my check to you now, full £25. Cheers Rude :thumbs: :notworthy
James

PeeWee
31-05-2004, 23:19
Cheque in the post for £25 today and thanks for organising :thumbs:

Peter

Duff Man
01-06-2004, 05:43
Completed the online bank transfer this morning, funds should be with you with 5 days (will hopefully have Adam D somewhere in the payment description!).
:thumbs:

twinturboch
03-06-2004, 13:40
What's with the lack of interest?! :rant: People were gagging for this in the original post, now they've all disappeared. Scumbags ;) Are we going to drag offending members there by their toenails? :p Come on guys!! :thumbs:

m4tt_c
03-06-2004, 15:48
i've paid :) i'm going again with work on the 29th :D

Mark
03-06-2004, 16:26
I'm coming and will drop the cash off when i get your bits for you ;)

Danielle has also formed her own team with work mates so thats 3 more :thumbs:

grinder
03-06-2004, 16:52
I've got the cash off my mate so thats another for the list.

Mark
03-06-2004, 17:01
I've got the cash off my mate so thats another for the list.

mind if i make up the 3? ;)

Sideways Danny
03-06-2004, 18:12
I'm still in, payment being arranged :)

Rude Dog
03-06-2004, 19:25
What's with the lack of interest?! :rant: People were gagging for this in the original post, now they've all disappeared. Scumbags ;) Are we going to drag offending members there by their toenails? :p Come on guys!! :thumbs:
Shades of english artists mugs methinks :rolleyes:
But were getting there..............finally

tross
03-06-2004, 20:06
sod's law that weekend i'm at le mans so i'm not gonna be able to make it :(

Danielle
04-06-2004, 07:29
Online transfer done by myself this morning ref: karting danielle

telephone transfer done by Davina yesterday afternoon ref: go karting

And Mark has the cash for Michelle

:thumbs:

Jamiem
05-06-2004, 21:27
you sod!, i reaaaaaally wanted to come to this, but you've gone and put it on the same day as i plan toremove my old engine and possibly start fitting the new one :(

Jamie

GrahamB
05-06-2004, 22:03
Bollox just thought need a team :(

Alex??? :thumbs:

Rude Dog
05-06-2004, 23:37
you sod!, i reaaaaaally wanted to come to this, but you've gone and put it on the same day as i plan toremove my old engine and possibly start fitting the new one :(

Jamie
Come along and give yourself a well earned break :thumbs:

mattpayne
06-06-2004, 08:06
Ive got a race that weekend... so wont be able to make it... :(

sorry Rude...

p.nicholas
06-06-2004, 11:28
sorry cant do anything about it seeing as though im in spain till 13th :(

Danielle
07-06-2004, 08:50
Rude

You havent confirmed those bank transfers yet... The money has left my account :confused:

Duff Man
07-06-2004, 13:22
I sent him a pm and he said that he has got mine, could do witha quick update of the list though :)

Yay! on the paid up list :thumbs:

Danielle
10-06-2004, 07:09
Who hasn't been karting before? is it only me? :( Be nice fellas :nod:

or else :whip: I'll beat you up afterwards!!! :p

Mark
10-06-2004, 09:27

Ya going in the tyre wall :nod: :whip: :whip: :D ;)

Saunders
10-06-2004, 09:34
shame you cant actual do that otherwise, you get black flaged. there pretty stricked :ghey:

Drifts_S14
10-06-2004, 09:40
mind if i make up the 3? ;)

:whip: That'll be me :p

Mark
10-06-2004, 09:42
:whip: That'll be me :p

What will

GrahamB
10-06-2004, 09:43

Don't worry, Alyson's coming too :rolleyes:

She has enough trouble driving a road car let alone a cart ;)

Oh I hope she doesn't see this :D

Drifts_S14
10-06-2004, 09:45
What will

In the team with grinder and his mate, we arranged it a while back :smash:

PulsatingStar
10-06-2004, 09:46
Hmmm Im still not sure if I have a team. Did you find a third person Matt?

Mark
10-06-2004, 09:50
In the team with grinder and his mate, we arranged it a while back :smash:

i think you had better re check mate, spoke to Paul and its me :p

Drifts_S14
10-06-2004, 09:53
i think you had better re check mate, spoke to Paul and its me :p

Hmmmmmmmmm :confused:

Duff Man
10-06-2004, 17:51
Can I join someones team on the day, I don't have one :(

I'm not that bad, honest! :nod:

PM me with offers if you have a space :thumbs:

Danielle
11-06-2004, 08:01
HAHA I cant remember the last time I had overalls on.... I used to have some when I was a kid :D

Rude Dog
11-06-2004, 22:28
Rayleigh, 12th June, 6.30 at the latest.
Directions.
A127 towards Southend. Take the exit for Rayleigh, if you go down the underpass youve gone too far :wack:
Stay in the left hand lane of the slip road and go across the light, straight on as if you are going to rejoin the A127. Take the first exit on the slip road as if you are going into the pub, signposted Brook Road Industrial Estate. At the junction, turn right and its just down a bit on the right.
Anyone getting lost ring me on 07967 097866. I'll be there about 6 pm so I can sort out the money as you arrive. Dont forget that anyone who sent me a cheque will get them back tomoz so they need to bring the cash. Sorry but no time to get to the bank.
Dont bother turning up pissed if you arent driving to teh venue as they wont let you drive the karts, get pissed after :D
Anyone bringing mates make sure they behave, the clubs reps at stake :thumbs:
Looking forward to seeing you all there :thumbs: should be good fun :cool:

Mark
12-06-2004, 21:07
Top evening mate :thumbs: Was good fun drifting the karts round the track even tho they are well underpowered ;)

Was still buzzing on the way home so had a spirited drive :D
well done to the team of 'pros' who won :p

GrahamB
12-06-2004, 21:39
Top evening mate :thumbs: Was good fun drifting the karts round the track even tho they are well underpowered ;)

Was still buzzing on the way home so had a spirited drive :D
well done to the team of 'pros' who won :p

LOL not sure the blokee in that (I think it was an Alfa??) was too impressed as the 3 of us went round that corner at 120 leptons though ;) :D :D :D

twinturboch
12-06-2004, 22:33
Top evening :thumbs:
You can hardly call us 'pros', more like 'seasoned weekenders' ;) . Great fun and :wave: to the people I met there who I didn't know before. Rude dog: :notworthy and :clap: to all the teams who pushed us, it wasn't easy getting or staying ahead. Roll on Lakeside :nod: :nod: Anyone else experiencing general aching all over or just me? :ghey:
P.S. Who was it nailed me into the wall :rolleyes: twice on the last hairpin (as if i wasn't already fairly sure) :no: and :p cause it didn't work.

PulsatingStar
12-06-2004, 22:49
:wave:

Can I be on your team next time :p
I havnt won a race for ages, but im pretty pleased with the 2nd place tonight considering the opposition.

Thanks to Rude Dog for organising.

Lee

Rude Dog
12-06-2004, 23:11
Pics in Non 200 :thumbs: :D

Drifts_S14
13-06-2004, 11:41
well ill console myself with 3rd and fastest lap - something that team 6 didnt win :p :D

Rude Dog :clap: top evening sunshine!

twinturboch
13-06-2004, 20:17
I would have liked fastest lap, but lets face it 0.13 seconds is hardly a lot when I weigh 12 stone (at least 1 stone more than you). Besides, I'd rather bang in 40 laps the same pace than one good one :whip:

Drifts_S14
14-06-2004, 08:57
I would have liked fastest lap, but lets face it 0.13 seconds is hardly a lot when I weigh 12 stone (at least 1 stone more than you). Besides, I'd rather bang in 40 laps the same pace than one good one :whip:

when i got in the kart we were over a lap down then at the chequered flag the gap was 16 seconds :nod: consistent low 26s I believe :wave:

If I would of taken the 1st stint there would of never been a lap between us, 8th on the grid werent too helpful either :wack: well done jason :D

Sideways Danny
14-06-2004, 12:10
well when I got in the kart I we were 5 laps down and in 7th, and at the end we were 2 laps down and in 4th :) :) didn't help that we started at the back either but I had a blinder of a time :thumbs:

Drifts_S14
14-06-2004, 12:17
you should of let me past danny then maybe i could of got second, instead you held me up, why wasnt someone waving a blue flag :rolleyes: :p

No we were having a most enjoyable battle regardless of position :nod: :thumbs:

Mark
14-06-2004, 12:47
you should of let me past danny then maybe i could of got second, instead you held me up, why wasnt someone waving a blue flag :rolleyes: :p

No we were having a most enjoyable battle regardless of position :nod: :thumbs:

If you aint good enough to get past someone thats your problem :p

PulsatingStar
14-06-2004, 12:53

Thats the hardest track ive ever driven on to pass someone though. Basically they need to make a mistake.

Drifts_S14
14-06-2004, 13:26

:furious:

twinturboch
14-06-2004, 14:26
Actually it was a lap and 16 seconds. Which is 10 seconds more than when I got out. AND you only get blue flags if you're lapping someone, not overtaking! :whip: Starting eighth is no excuse, I started 6th and was 1st after 5 laps. :smash: :smash:

PulsatingStar
14-06-2004, 14:33
Starting eighth is no excuse, I started 6th and was 1st after 5 laps. :smash: :smash:

Pffft I held you off a bit longer than that :D
Im gonna blame it on a bad kart :p

Lee

twinturboch
14-06-2004, 14:38
In fairness, I wasn't actually sure which one of you was leading, I was just guessing, if you say it was longer, it was. I must have lapped people before I caught you :thumbs: Was that you in the red Club 100 suit? If so :thumbs: :clap: that was the hardest I've had to work for a place for quite a while.

twinturboch
14-06-2004, 14:40
And by way of consolation, I'm in excrutiating pain having been out testing on the Rotax on Friday and Rayleigh on Saturday, so I'm not moving much :ghey:

Drifts_S14
14-06-2004, 14:44
Actually it was a lap and 16 seconds. Which is 10 seconds more than when I got out. AND you only get blue flags if you're lapping someone, not overtaking! :whip: Starting eighth is no excuse, I started 6th and was 1st after 5 laps. :smash: :smash:

I was lapping someone :rolleyes: team 4 - who were 4th

I did the last stint BTW so I didnt lose 10 seconds on you I gained 10 seconds, and the rest on the old man who went out last for your team :whip:

Nxt time ill be out same time as you then we'll see what happens :p

PulsatingStar
14-06-2004, 14:46
In fairness, I wasn't actually sure which one of you was leading, I was just guessing, if you say it was longer, it was. I must have lapped people before I caught you :thumbs: Was that you in the red Club 100 suit? If so :thumbs: :clap: that was the hardest I've had to work for a place for quite a while.

Yeah that was me in the red suit. We were well into lapping people when you came past although you were right behind me most of the time since the start.

I want a re-match somewhere else :nod:

Lee

Drifts_S14
14-06-2004, 14:49
Yeah that was me in the red suit. We were well into lapping people when you came past although you were right behind me most of the time since the start.

I want a re-match somewhere else :nod:

Lee

You two were having an 'interesting' battle - im tempted to say that the next team of three should be the three of us but I dont think it would be fair :no:

PulsatingStar
14-06-2004, 15:04
You two were having an 'interesting' battle - im tempted to say that the next team of three should be the three of us but I dont think it would be fair :no:

It wasnt that fair as it was ;). I think the only reason the results were so close at the end was down to the tight nature of a track. Given somewhere with decent passing opportunities you guys would of run away with it, and my team would probably of lost the 2nd place.

Im pleased with 2nd though, for a team put together outside the building lol.

If there is ever an interclub type event though, then Ill come and race with you and we'll kick ass!

twinturboch
14-06-2004, 16:24
No chance. Thats me and Pulsatingstar and I'm not sure you want to be on my team do you!! :p

P.S. Drifts_S14, Check your sheet. I was a lap and 10 seconds ahead after 15 mins, then we were a lap and 4 secs ahead after 30 mins, the 45 min one if off cause thats when you pitted to take over then it was two whole laps by the end. And don't call Peter an old man, he's as quick as me and pulled away from you. :wack:

PeeWee
14-06-2004, 23:04
A very enjoyable evening thanks Rude :thumbs:
Well I don't mind where I get my arse kicked - Lakeside, Buckmore, Bayford, know them all too well :p
Hope to see you all there then.

'Old Man' Pete :)

Sideways Danny
15-06-2004, 03:58
Thats the hardest track ive ever driven on to pass someone though. Basically they need to make a mistake.

you can force a mistake though if you know how to drive a tight track. I've had lots of practice on a very similar track so there was no way anyone was getting past, and I was having great fun capitalising on people taking each other out. I think i got past 4 people on 1 corner at least twice in the midst of an incident :D :D :D :D would love some more time on this track then I'd be competative, or you lot could come up to my regular track at Letchworth in Hertfordshire and I'll show you how it's done :p