PDA

View Full Version : Fao Turbo Pete

RichardM
05-11-2001, 08:02
Can't find your thread, relating to the reference books the magistrates use in relation to traffic offences, what was it?

Three lane, national limit, carriageway(A40)
Gatso in center, markings on all three of the lanes, not on the adjacent slip road off.
I boot it up the slip road, double flash from Gatso, maybe me maybe, someone on main carriageway.

If it was me,are plod likely to attempt to prosecute if markings not present? just trying to be prepared.

turbo pete
05-11-2001, 11:08
If you were on the slip road I doubt the camera would have had you in view anyway. I wouldn't worry too much. Likelihood is it was a unit with no camera (eg: just flash - popular because they cost less and slow people down). If it did have a camera it will proably have run out of film anyway.

If you do get a NIP through the post it must be within 14 days of the offence. If it is any later you send it back with a no can do letter. Hmm - very satisfying.

Let me know if you get one and I'll send you info.

Cheers
Turbo Pete

Asht_200
05-11-2001, 13:55
The Gatso Camera has a number of different modes. Fully On - will take a piccy. Mimic mode - Does everything except take a piccy and off - do I need to explain.

Apparently, if you go through a Gatso above a certain speed, it won't get you, because your car will be out of it's Field of Vision, before it takes a piccy.

------------------
200SX 93L. SE Exhaust, Filter, Port Polish, 17" Momo Arrow, Snooper Radar Detector.
Money has been spent on Hi Fi at present.
T28 Hybrid Ordered

docwra
05-11-2001, 14:30
Hmmm - Ive heard this "certain speed" is about 175 mph for a 60 mph camera http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/eek.gif
I dont think it works though - you might get away with it due to the motion blur on the number plate
anyone up for trying?? http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
--------------------
92 200SX, grey
K+N 57i (Im ready for max power now!!)
Bit of ICE, cant be arsed to take the dash off to put more in
Manual, for I have the stick in the middle of my car and in the middle of my legs
Never refuse a challenge!!
gentlemen prefer blondes ......