PDA

View Full Version : go karting meet (hampshire)

STEVEUS
28-04-2004, 10:47
Hi guys/girls. we are trying to organise a indoor karting event for sometime next month. it will take place at Go karting for fun at Gosport/fareham.
The format would be to have a team endurance race which consists of a race briefing, practice session and a 120 minute race including pit stops.
The price would be £150 per team and each team needs 5-6 drivers, so if your team has 5 drivers the cost would be £30 each.
The winning team is the one that has completed the most laps in the 120 min session and trophies and undrinkable sparkling wine(mmm) will be awarded to the top 3 teams.
Food and drink can be provided if need be as there is a café there (burgers, chips etc)
This invite is getting posted on the other owners club web sites and is open to anyone who has a modified/import car etc
.we think it would be a really good idea to get everyone together so we can see each others cars, have a chat/laugh and try out some of our driving skills without getting caught or crashing .lol
Weve had a good response from people so far (supra,gto,skyline etc)but I cant book a date/time until I can gauge numbers so if you want to get a team together and come please let me know asap and hopefully we can get this sorted. it should be a good time.
Also if people interested could let me know wether they would prefer to do it at the weekend or a weekday evening that would be great.

Heres some directions to the karting center:-

http://www.gokartingforfun.com/gosport_ml.html

and heres the track layout:-

http://www.gokartingforfun.com/gosport_tl.html

cheers

steve mercer
stevemerceruk@yahoo.com
07793 540886

STEVEUS
29-04-2004, 08:33
come on guys
so far weve got
2 supra teams
2 gto teams
2 misc teams
1 mazda team
it would be good if you could all come so my sx isnt the only one there.its gonna be a good laugh

steve

fullmetalgasket
29-04-2004, 18:01
Ordinarily I'd be up for something like this, but things are very tight at the moment :(