PDA

View Full Version : What events would you like to see organised?

Ken
21-04-2004, 11:30
As the title says really, what sort of events/ days out/ anything with reason really, would the good folks in the SE area like to be organised, let me know by posting or by P.M. and I will do my best to arrange things :)

banana_andrew
21-04-2004, 15:06
Only having had a 200sx for afew weeks now, I'm keen to learn more about them , and meet new members. However, you've probably already done all most of my suggestions already!

1: Track day, including insurance deal somehow

2: Go karting day out

3: More reliable-ness :confused: for the monthly chessi meets- people don't go, as they think others wont be going. result: less and less people

4: More turnout at local cruises (more for the youngsters :thumbs: ) At Guildford last week there was about 6 of us - and a good laff!

No go Ken...Organise! :whip:

arry
21-04-2004, 15:10
1) Chase Mr Rosenburg down Maldon High Street with a hockey stick :wack:
2) Scare Bobby Bullsh!t until he crashes his 350z into a wall :smash:
3) Group torching of a certain industrial unit in Maldon

Think we might have problems with the legalities of it all tho? :confused::D

On a serious note
1) Pub/Barbeque day - that would be cool :nod:
2) Trip to the touring cars or similar motor sport event at Brands :)

NikB
21-04-2004, 15:12
How about a summer meet in Windsor great park?

We could bring our own food, look at the motors, have a kick about etc. No barbies allowed though.

mambastu
21-04-2004, 16:37
Goodwood track day ?

Jez
21-04-2004, 16:38
Goodwood track day ?

yup :)

Ken
21-04-2004, 16:41
Track day seems favourite so far then, keep the ideas coming :)

ATrull
21-04-2004, 16:44
Only having had a 200sx for afew weeks now, I'm keen to learn more about them , and meet new members. However, you've probably already done all most of my suggestions already!

1: Track day, including insurance deal somehow

2: Go karting day out

3: More reliable-ness :confused: for the monthly chessi meets- people don't go, as they think others wont be going. result: less and less people

4: More turnout at local cruises (more for the youngsters :thumbs: ) At Guildford last week there was about 6 of us - and a good laff!

No go Ken...Organise! :whip:

Cruises just risk us getting a bad name, imo. :(

But yes, I've been meaning to visit chessy for a few months now ;)

Go karting .. good!

Also, ffs, london, one of the biggest three metropolises in the world, is right on our doorstep - see dinner out in the sarf/east section ;) - I will be proclaiming a date in late may, some day soon when I take the time to look at a calendar. :D Imo, london has a huge amount of other stuff to offer, too :D

Mark
21-04-2004, 16:48

I like this idea :nod:

We currently have a bowling event being held begining of may (all booked). Rude dog is sorting out go-karting so if you are interested in that get your name down :D

I quite like the idea of paintball as there are plenty of people i would like to shoot :D (best make that inter-regional ;) )

We as a club will not organise meets at 'cruises' as normally they are illegal and give a bad impression of the club. There are however plenty of local meets organised by us :D

dan e
21-04-2004, 16:53
Cruises :ghey:

Track day :nod:

ATrull
21-04-2004, 16:55
Cruises :ghey:

Track day :nod:

:nod:

as much as I'd like to actively show up boyracers, the idea of actualy parking my car near their lacksflower sheds makes me feel fear and loathing.

I'd be happy to do a track day where drifting were allowed ;)

banana_andrew
21-04-2004, 17:16
I like the idea of meeting up- but London.....well, it's all abit inconvenient, isnt it? Theres no-where to park, we'll all get mugged somewhere, it would be much nicer to meet up in a suberb somewhere...where we can monoplise an entire carpark!

As for cruises- well I used to go all the time, and have only recently just started going again. I understand the board not wanting to "organise" meets as such, but IMO it's quite enjoyable watching little nova drivers etc... ask lots of dumb questions about the car!

Most cruises are "legal" in the sense that the police just watch from a distance, and I've never had any trouble at cruises.

Maybe it's just me- but If i'm at a car "meet" then the more cars the better- much as I love the 200sx, more variety means more things to look at etc.....

Oh, pub barbeque day........? :nod:

GmasterT
21-04-2004, 17:23
Regional/area competitions!!! As in SE vs SW vs NE vs Wales etc.
(Richie is in our area, right?!)
i.e. pod, drifting, top speed, circuit, gymkana etc

May involve some travelling but well woth is for friendly competition and amusing banter!

And all above suggestions :thumbs:

Danielle
21-04-2004, 20:06
1) Pub/Barbeque day - that would be cool :nod:

Sound good to me!!!! I was asking Mark to take me to see the touring cars anyway...... So a group sxoc trip would be good :thumbs:

Ken
24-04-2004, 18:47
Any more suggestions ? Track day and Touring cars seem favourites so far, inter area comps I'll need to talk to Vez about and see what we can do:)

Jamiem
24-04-2004, 18:57
well im going to watch the BTCC at brands tomorrow, altho ill be in the rollerskate (yellow fiat cinquecento 1.1 :annoyed: ), not the 200, as that is still poorly :(

Jamie

Matty T
24-04-2004, 18:57
I agree some properly organised track days is the best idea, been meaning to post something for a while as you dont seem to have any on here.

Somthing like a day reserved at bookatrack just for us, open pit lane would be cool :thumbs:

Or how about some kind of drifting session sorted out with conedodgers?

Tricky-Ricky
25-04-2004, 16:54
A monthly meet would be good but it would need to be held somwhere that could be reached by us poor buggers down in deepest Sussex, without a fifty mile drive!
and £25 a go track days at Brands would be good!! ;) :D :D more RR days! ;)

jimmyd
27-04-2004, 13:18
A monthly meet would be good but it would need to be held somwhere that could be reached by us poor buggers down in deepest Sussex, without a fifty mile drive!
and £25 a go track days at Brands would be good!! ;) :D :D more RR days! ;)

I agree :nod:

Me Girlfriends dad works @ Goodwood & Brands, I will find out if we can get some sort of discount :thumbs:

Ken
27-04-2004, 13:22
I agree :nod:

Me Girlfriends dad works @ Goodwood & Brands, I will find out if we can get some sort of discount :thumbs:

Excelletn, let me know :thumbs:

Vez
27-04-2004, 14:12
No competition, the Northwest is Best by far :p (and I used to live in the south east too and it sucks) :D

(runs)