PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe Action Day - 25th April '04

Pete C
13-04-2004, 19:00
Just wondered if anyone apart from me was going to this? :)

It's a fecking cool day out, £8 per person to get in, and then £20 gets you 5 laps of the track, all you need is a helmet and to go to a briefing and you're on the track :nod:

Even if you don't go out there's always loads of cool cars to look at/watch, and lots of trade stands to browse :thumbs:

Dunno why I'm plugging this really but I enjoy the Action Days, so I don't want you guys to miss out :Plug:

Be a good warm up for Japfest too, if anyone's booked track time then! :D

fullmetalgasket
13-04-2004, 19:03
That's when the FCCUK v SXOC day is, so I won't be there :(

Do some scrabble bashing for me :)

Pete C
13-04-2004, 19:34
Do some scrabble bashing for me :)

My pleasure :D

Pete C
14-04-2004, 23:29
Please note I got the date wrong on this - it's Sat 24th April, NOT Sun 25th :o

Silly me! :rolleyes:

See Jeff, it's not just you! :D

Anyone interested? :)

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 12:30
In that case, I may turn up :D

I won't be on track though as I can't afford it at the mo.

I'll let you take me for a spin round the track as revenge for when I take you round Haynes! :smash: :wack:

Jez
15-04-2004, 12:48
Poo. I've got someone round for mapping that day :(

Jeff
15-04-2004, 15:48
Poo. I've got someone round for mapping that day :(
Tell them your lambda sensor is broken ;)

I'm not doing anything on the 24th so will come along :thumbs:

Jez
15-04-2004, 15:59
Tell them your lambda sensor is broken ;)

Oi! It really had broken ;)

Its OK anyway - I've re-arranged things :)
I might be there :)

Pete C
15-04-2004, 18:43
I'm not doing anything on the 24th so will come along :thumbs:

Yay! :)

Its OK anyway - I've re-arranged things :)
I might be there :)

Yay again! :D

andykaz
16-04-2004, 21:59
Balls.... cant work out how to delete the post :wack:

Pete C
16-04-2004, 22:30
Balls.... cant work out how to delete the post :wack:

You can't, you can only edit it :)

You not coming then? :wack: :D

andykaz
17-04-2004, 00:24
You can't, you can only edit it :)

You not coming then? :wack: :D

Hehe, i am but with the Honda boys im afraid (that bit was going to be in a very small font, which i also failed to do, hence the deleted post). :D

Ad
19-04-2004, 20:23
Looks like i'll be coming to this one, me brothers talked me into going and meeting up with some of his gtir friends! :rolleyes:

Who's going then? Is there any format to this like japfest or is it a bit more of low key affair?

Cheers

Ad. :thumbs:

Woody
19-04-2004, 20:43
I have my MOT on that day:( and will hopefully be spending the rest of the day building my engine :) ( aslong as the 200 passes ;) )

fullmetalgasket
19-04-2004, 20:48
Looks like i'll be coming to this one, me brothers talked me into going and meeting up with some of his gtir friends! :rolleyes:

Who's going then? Is there any format to this like japfest or is it a bit more of low key affair?

Cheers

Ad. :thumbs:

I honestly don't know on this one :confused:

I think i have seen some references about on the internet refering to stands ect. but it almost looks more like it's just a cheap track day.

Not all bad I 'spose. :)

Plus I can get my Apex zorst sound tested in time for Jap fest. Could be very close as it's a single box jobbie! :wack:

Ad
19-04-2004, 20:52
Yeah thats what it sounds like to me, i know the pulsars have a 'stand' but it'll probaly be just them all parked up together rather than a proper jobber! :D

Who's going on track then?

Ad.

Pete C
19-04-2004, 22:26
There are club 'stands' - basically each club is given a piece of grass with a sign to do with as they will :)

We had a stand last year which I organised. They used to give out free entry passes and free track time to clubs. I believe they're charging this year though, which is why we haven't got a stand :(

Some of the stands were quite good last time, plus there are lots of trade stands to browse too :thumbs:

Plus it's a cheap track day, although someone told me last night that the price of a track pass has jumped to £30 this year, presumably because they've lost the sponsorship of Car and Car Conversions magazine, which went out of circulation last year :(

Still, it's a great day out whether you go on track or not, there'll be loads of cool cars to look at :nod:

And the track is great fun, I urge any who haven't tried it to give it a go :cool:

andykaz
19-04-2004, 22:40
Strange that

The hondarevolutions forum have a stand for 12 cars, all of which get free entrance to the day.

I also believed that track time was £15 for 15 minutes if booked prior to the day :confused:

Pete C
19-04-2004, 22:57
The hondarevolutions forum have a stand for 12 cars, all of which get free entrance to the day.

I also believed that track time was £15 for 15 minutes if booked prior to the day :confused:

I think you'll find that the cars may have free entrance, but the club I think would have paid £50 for the stand and entry passes, that's what I was told in a letter from the Castle Combe people last year (about what they were planning to do).

As for the track time, AFAIK you can't book in advance, and the sessions are 5 laps, I didn't think they were measured in minutes. Are you sure you're not thinking of Japfest? :)

andykaz
19-04-2004, 23:06
After rereading it, i have only got what i said partly right (at best). Tracktime can only be booked in advance if you are on the stand @ £15 a head. Additional tracktime could be booked @ £25, and on the day is £30....

So there you go :indiff:

Still not sure about the minutes / laps thing.... All i know is it is £8 to go and watch (which is all i am risking).

:D

Jeff
24-04-2004, 17:24
Top day :thumbs:

Sorry if I scared you at all Pete :o :eek:

fullmetalgasket
24-04-2004, 17:49
Was a good laugh :nod:

Sorry I didn't see you two before I left.

Jeff
24-04-2004, 21:38
Was a good laugh :nod:

Sorry I didn't see you two before I left.
Where did you go mate? I went for a p1ss and when I came back everyone had vanished :confused: (and it wasn't that long a p1ss :wack: )

Oh well, hope you get the car sorted asap mate :thumbs:

Woody
24-04-2004, 21:42
did anyone take any pics ?
would have loved to have gone but MOT was due and then had to meet Sneezer and pick up a head , then look at another 200 .
wanted to go to this too :(

fullmetalgasket
25-04-2004, 09:35
Where did you go mate?

I went home :wack:
Had to fix the Chimney, drink beer and fix my mountain bike - not nessecarily in that order.
Looks like the bike will be returning to it's haydays of being my main form of transport :smash:

At least the weathers nice at the mo...

Pete C
25-04-2004, 23:22
Sorry if I scared you at all Pete :o :eek:

Nah, not really mate, I'm just a little bit chicken :D

I'm sure you were fully in control of the car at all times ;)

Jeff
26-04-2004, 06:17
I'm sure you were fully in control of the car at all times ;)
Except for the bits where I wasn't :nod: But they were the most fun bits :thumbs: