PDA

View Full Version : Milton Keynes April Meet on the 25th

GTSX
30-03-2004, 20:57
Next Meet is on April 25th, at the Harvester by Willen lake 17.00 start.

Driving Directions
FROM M1, TAKE JCT 14. FOLLOW SIGNS FOR MILTON KEYNES AND THEN FOX MILNE. AT ROUNDABOUT, TAKE 3RD EXIT TO FOX MILNE. TAKE 1ST LEFT INTO OPAL DRIVE.

There’s a Holiday Inn next door and they provided this useful link to help you find the Harvester, marked with a star.

http://go.vicinity.com/sixcont/bidM...ndname=_express

Sideways Danny
30-03-2004, 21:30
will be there
may be in a *****

dan e
31-03-2004, 08:17
I will come to this one. Same day as the SX vs Fiat thingy at the pod, so there might be quite a few people willing to pop in.

200sxer
31-03-2004, 09:08
Is this meet any good? I heard it was full of mumblies :wack:

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 10:19
Is this meet any good? I heard it was full of mumblies :wack:

nah you weren't there this month :wack:

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 10:21
I will come to this one. Same day as the SX vs Fiat thingy at the pod, so there might be quite a few people willing to pop in.

push that idea in the members area in the thread (seem this showdown is too good for the meets/events section)

200sxer
31-03-2004, 10:26
nah you weren't there this month :wack:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :wack:

Grim
31-03-2004, 10:28
nahh danny, we don't want to many people turning up. a mod might slip in and lock the pub when we start talking shite!

same santapod posse as before? meet at homebase?

then get lost on the way to mk? :notworthy

dan e
31-03-2004, 10:37
same santapod posse as before? meet at homebase?

:nod:

So long as grim doesn't navigate ;)

Vez
31-03-2004, 10:49
push that idea in the members area in the thread (seem this showdown is too good for the meets/events section)

:confused:

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 12:28

well i can't find it, been told it's in the members area :confused:

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 12:29

So long as grim doesn't navigate ;)

bahahahaha essex boy getting lost in beds village shocker

Grim
31-03-2004, 12:53
Originally Posted by Sideways Danny

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: as vez would say.....

danny is correct vez, your post is here......

Vez
31-03-2004, 13:05
Erm, yes??! Your point being? :confused:

Its an event ive organised for members :wack:

Grim
31-03-2004, 13:22

the point being, when danny said it was in the members area, you gave him a :confused: response, as if you were confused about it's wharabouts.

if you had posted your subsequent answer then, he wouldn't have been confused by your :confused: answer.

i have another question, but it's more about the shoutout than this meet, so i won't go off topic.

Grim
31-03-2004, 13:36

can't mate. my link to the meet got deleted.

not sure how a sxoc private do at a public meeting will work, you gonna pay your £25 to get in and run, and then stand on your own up one end? :nod:

dan e
31-03-2004, 13:51
can't mate. my link to the meet got deleted.

Just to clarify though, mine didn't. nah nah nah. :rolleyes:

not sure how a sxoc private do at a public meeting will work, you gonna pay your £25 to get in and run, and then stand on your own up one end? :nod:

Vez, surely non-members won't be shunned?

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 13:58

why have a meets/ events section then??? this is turning into the masons

i'm unemployed, i'm scraping just to get by, i can't afford to join at the moment, so i'm not allowed to partake in events on the rare ocassion that i get to preserve my sanity. I know the issues about running costs of the club, i'd contribute if i could. it's all getting a bit elitist round here,

Grim
31-03-2004, 14:16
why have a meets/ events section then??? this is turning into the masons

i'm unemployed, i'm scraping just to get by, i can't afford to join at the moment, so i'm not allowed to partake in events on the rare ocassion that i get to preserve my sanity. I know the issues about running costs of the club, i'd contribute if i could. it's all getting a bit elitist round here,

i can understand if the club contacts a rolling road and arranges for them to open on a sunday, and get reduced rates then it would be members only, but can't see how it works for a totally public event.

bit like i cant understand why a paid up member gets a post deleted from the members section.

:furious: dan e:furious:
;)

Jim
31-03-2004, 14:50
i can understand if the club contacts a rolling road and arranges for them to open on a sunday, and get reduced rates then it would be members only, but can't see how it works for a totally public event.

bit like i cant understand why a paid up member gets a post deleted from the members section.

:furious: dan e:furious:
;)

I find it amazing how peoples views can change depending upon what point they are trying to get across, not just with your point here but generally.

We have arranged the event between the fcoc and the sxoc so therefore we organise things which are therefore primarily for members. I would like to see which part of the thread says that non members cannot come along???

Danny, your statements seem way off the mark imho. You intimate something which is not the case and I frankly am beginning to resent the tone that certain people present.

At what point have we said that members are not welcome, we have just not posted in here. How many threads in the regional meets sections are not posted by mods or admins.

I reckon Vez picked up on your post and got the same feeling I did, hence his reaction which I would interpret as being confused and after clarification. Sometimes you guys forget that he bears the burden for organising events for the club and therefore makes these things his business...

Sideways Danny
31-03-2004, 15:30
I would like to see which part of the thread says that non
members cannot come along???

I'd like to see the thread at all. That's my point really. If it isn't members only then surely post in the events secion rather than hide it from view. I have seen references to this event where Vez has shushed people from giving detail outside of the members area. Just feeling a little left out that's all

voodoo_melon
31-03-2004, 15:34
Might be there then :) Provided that my car doesn't blow up and grim doesn't get us lost again.

Jim
31-03-2004, 15:39
I'd like to see the thread at all. That's my point really. If it isn't members only then surely post in the events secion rather than hide it from view. I have seen references to this event where Vez has shushed people from giving detail outside of the members area. Just feeling a little left out that's all

But thats the point, the event, i.e. the running of the coupe boys against the 200sx's is being arranged by the club, so thats what we are organising in the members section... That bit is members only, always has been, however it is a public event as it is a day out at pod so you guys can come along...

Mark
31-03-2004, 17:01
At the end of the day the members pay towards the running of the club so we as a club should give them something in return and we do this by organising members only events. Therefore we are giving a reason to join otherwise whats the point in having a club :confused:

voodoo_melon
31-03-2004, 17:02
At the end of the day the members pay towards the running of the club so we as a club should give them something in return and we do this by organising members only events. Therefore we are giving a reason to join otherwise whats the point in having a club :confused:

Bayside Blue
31-03-2004, 19:23
Members only then? :rolleyes: Ill be a member in time for the next one so ill come to that one :thumbs:

Grim
31-03-2004, 20:39
well at least the mk meet is getting a lot of publicity. :D

deep breath. bare with me.
firstly i am a member, and i will be going to santa pod to spectate. that ends my involvement, but i will probably be convoying with danny and the others.

danny isn't a member but will be going to santa pod to run, as he / dan e / george etc did at the last rwyb (in fact this posse was the clubs only representation against a field of scoobs, skylines, mitsi fto, focus )

the shootout isn't a members only secret, it's been mentioned plenty of times in plenty of threads, so the question from the non members is if this is a members only event (being in the members events section implies it is) what happens if non members turn up.

members and non members can obviously attend, and run. am i correct in saying the only difference is that members who have signed on in the other thread will get paired up with signed on fcoc members of similar power/performance? where as people just turning up will run against whoever they find themselves sitting next to?

just some clarification please Vez

and then afterwards all bugger off to mk for the meet :D

voodoo_melon
31-03-2004, 20:56
members and non members can obviously attend, and run. am i correct in saying the only difference is that members who have signed on in the other thread will get paired up with signed on fcoc members of similar power/performance? where as people just turning up will run against whoever they find themselves sitting next to?

That's what I understood to be happening.

-edit- Must remember to take a coat this time, so I don't have to become the Bacofoil Kid again :wack: :D

Stevecarter200
01-04-2004, 00:04

I'm unemployed too mate and I managed to find the £15 for the club. Not being funny though but if you cant afford to join the club where does the money come from to run at Santa Pod as the entrance fee is about the same as the club membership fee not to mention the petrol to get there, the tyre wear and the possible breakages involved in drag racing? :confused:

Sideways Danny
01-04-2004, 01:25
I won't be running, and i'll likely be a passenger.

gonna find the cash for the next HWH anyway, even if i have to sell my body

GTSX
01-04-2004, 07:29
Dan, I would like to wish you Good Luck with the sale.

Grim
01-04-2004, 08:05
I won't be running, and i'll likely be a passenger.

but that will only get you as far as toddington. ;)

Cath
01-04-2004, 08:28
I'm unemployed too mate and I managed to find the £15 for the club. Not being funny though but if you cant afford to join the club where does the money come from to run at Santa Pod as the entrance fee is about the same as the club membership fee not to mention the pwtrol to get there, the tyre wear and the possible breakages involved in drag racing? :confused:

I can only assume some people have different priorities to others and they should be appreciated as I’m sure they will appreciate yours.

Ken
01-04-2004, 08:29
Can we keep it on Topic please :)

Spirit
01-04-2004, 08:40

YAY! :clap:

I'll lend you the £15 if you like?

Aims

200sxer
01-04-2004, 08:45
but that will only get you as far as toddington. ;)

pmsl :D :wack:

Vez
01-04-2004, 11:13
:rolleyes:

To clarrify.....

Im organising the event for club members hence it in the members area, simple really.

I will be pairing up members against the Coop's.

Non-members can become members on the day as there will be a number of area reps around to take memberships...if you join on the day, you can join in with the interclub competition.

There will be "hopefully" an area set aside for the interclub challenge that I am arranging with Santapod for the Coop board and members, this space will probably be limited, and only participants will be allowed in it! (this bit is subject to confirmation).

If you feel left out of the loop, then join the club :nod:

I didnt reply yesterday as I was pretty fuming at the way that somepoeple opinions unfolded :indiff: but thats enough of that. I may attend the meeting afterwards, but I have a long way to travel, we shall see :)

Sideways Danny
01-04-2004, 12:31
:rolleyes:

To clarrify.....

Im organising the event for club members hence it in the members area, simple really.

I will be pairing up members against the Coop's.

Non-members can become members on the day as there will be a number of area reps around to take memberships...if you join on the day, you can join in with the interclub competition.

There will be "hopefully" an area set aside for the interclub challenge that I am arranging with Santapod for the Coop board and members, this space will probably be limited, and only participants will be allowed in it! (this bit is subject to confirmation).

If you feel left out of the loop, then join the club :nod:

I didnt reply yesterday as I was pretty fuming at the way that somepoeple opinions unfolded :indiff: but thats enough of that. I may attend the meeting afterwards, but I have a long way to travel, we shall see :)

Cheers Vez, that's all that was needed really. :thumbs: The meet is about 30 seconds from junction 14 on the M1 so it's easy for access to homebound people

Grim
02-04-2004, 14:10
Cheers Vez, that's all that was needed really. :thumbs: The meet is about 30 seconds from junction 14 on the M1 so it's easy for access to homebound people assuming they are heading south

Sideways Danny
02-04-2004, 14:34
technically, you pass the northbound junction to get to the southbound junction :p :D The meet is right next to junction 14 of the M1

Ken
02-04-2004, 14:57
Have just posted a reminder on the Fiat coupe shootout thread in the event's section, telling peeps to pop up/down afterwards :)

Grim
02-04-2004, 15:17
technically, you pass the northbound junction to get to the southbound junction :p :D The meet is right next to junction 14 of the M1

danny. you are making a fool of yourself in a public place. again :D

if you leave the pod to go north, you join the m1 at j15. therefor have to go south to get to mk.

ignore him everyone. there will be a convoy getting lost somewhere in northamptonshire. follow that :thumbs:

Sideways Danny
02-04-2004, 16:43
Have just posted a reminder on the Fiat coupe shootout thread in the event's section, telling peeps to pop up/down afterwards :)
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Grim - i meant easy access to the M1 after the meet :rolleyes:

I think i've worked out the right route too, i'll maybe do a trial run on sunday

Trackstar
04-04-2004, 23:00
Getting to the M1 from Santa Pod's quite a detour! If you get on the A509 (only couple of miles away, aim for Bozeat) its pretty much as the crow flies directly to top corner of mk/ newport pagnell. Might be a few village speed limits but its worth looking into...

Evil_Sid
20-04-2004, 09:30
Can someone give Vez a nudge to PM me (either on here or on the Fiat Coupe Forum as JohnS) so that we can finalise the organisation of the 200SX vs Coupe shootout.

Then you can all bask in the glory of your triumph at the harvester afterwards whilst massively overfilling your salad bowls :D

Vez
20-04-2004, 18:44
I did pm you on the board coop board ;) Ill give you a bell nowish :wack:

RADS_S13
22-04-2004, 12:54
I'm going to try and get upt to the MK meet but I'll have to see how my hang over is as its my 21st on the saturday but if I mange to drag my self out of bed I hope to see the usual crew and many more there. :thumbs:

and this time I'll bring a camara with charged battery's :wack:

DaveyBoy
22-04-2004, 14:14
Can't make the Pod, fitting Head Unit/CD Changer and Nokia Car Kit on Sunday, depending on what time I finish then I'll pop down to the MK meet afterwards! :)

marmyte
22-04-2004, 19:36
I will be there :wave: , along with a mate on his MR2 :ghey: .......

See you all around 5ish :D

voodoo_melon
22-04-2004, 19:38
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pf2aca25e6130dc09e60df3a15e4b8b36/f8edb63b.jpgThought you'd nicked my car for a minute...

Missy
24-04-2004, 13:31
we'll probably pop along tot his meet as we're going to the pod tomorrow and this will be on the way home

paul
25-04-2004, 12:15
Having read this thread, well some of it anyway, I'll be along to this today :thumbs:

paul

Missy
26-04-2004, 06:20
just thought i'd say hello! :wave:

it was nice to meet you guys today, it was just a pity we couldn't stay longer...

hopefully we'll be able to make next months meet