PDA

View Full Version : Reading Meeting 20th April....

Jolly F
30-03-2004, 17:37
Getting to the better weather now. The meeting will be set to the THIRD tuesday of the month from now on. Thats the current plan anyway...

Same time / same place / same dodgy characters :clap:

And of course 'PIZZA' :D

I only just finished the last one ;)

Is this ok for people as its around easter, let me know...

Mark
02-04-2004, 14:51
I have wiped this thread clean and will let you start again and i dont want any bickering about whose meet it is please ;)

Fame
02-04-2004, 17:46
Sounds good mate, days are longer and the weather is looking promising too. :cool:

CBomb
04-04-2004, 11:52
I'll be there

NikB
04-04-2004, 16:37
Count me in.

Posted this on Pistonheads as well. :thumbs:

Matty2Fatty
04-04-2004, 16:40
I'll be there eventually :thumbs: :wave: :wave:

G-Bone
07-04-2004, 18:04
P I Z Z A :nod:

CBomb
08-04-2004, 12:37
Looking like I won't be able to get to this one guys :(

The ***** is still not finished (not being started 'til Tuesday :annoyed: )

And I doubt she'll be ready by the 20th.

If by some miracle she is ready I'll be there

Jolly F
08-04-2004, 12:40
No way, sh1tter....

Does that mean your racing me to the British Touring Car Championship at Thruxton on Sunday in the Polo of doom.

Or catching a lift with me :)

Actually, cheaper if i go with you ;)

CBomb
08-04-2004, 12:43
No way, sh1tter....

Does that mean your racing me to the British Touring Car Championship at Thruxton on Sunday in the Polo of doom.

Or catching a lift with me :)

Actually, cheaper if i go with you ;)

Yep, it'll be another 150mile round trip in the POLO OF DOOM for me.....

Shame it's so incredibly :sleep: to drive.

but it won't stop me coming to Thruxton, and a lift would be much appreciated! You can expect another 'grand' entrance at JC's too :thumbs:

*** :nod:

Jolly F
08-04-2004, 13:01
Is your fault i'm starting to drift again you nutter :D

Drift_13
08-04-2004, 15:37
If all goes well i will try and make it.. also depends on ATrull cause i have no clue how to come over there... hope to see you all there.. :thumbs:

Pops
08-04-2004, 18:31
If all goes well i will try and make it.. also depends on ATrull cause i have no clue how to come over there... hope to see you all there.. :thumbs:

easy... run onto M4 then off at J11 head into reading for about a mile and your there... takes me about 35 mins from work near heathrow A4 west drayton...

that providing you dont mean you cant drive there....

cheers pops :thumbs:

Matty2Fatty
08-04-2004, 18:38

I could guide you if alex cannot, pm me if you need me too, as i think your comming from my area(ish) i think

Drift_13
09-04-2004, 08:51
Thanks for the offer Matty.. i keep you posted.. I will take apart the SX this weekend.. Full Engine service and some goodies are going on.. And trying to stop the boot leaking... i wanna put an end to the pools in my tyre well.... :wack: :thumbs:

CBomb
09-04-2004, 11:09
Thanks for the offer Matty.. i keep you posted.. I will take apart the SX this weekend.. Full Engine service and some goodies are going on.. And trying to stop the boot leaking... i wanna put an end to the pools in my tyre well.... :wack: :thumbs:

Franco,

If you get the car back on the road and mines back from Abbey, we could meet up on the M25 or M4 somewhere. I'll be coming from Sutton down the A217 to the M25 and then round to the M4.

Drift_13
12-04-2004, 12:55
thanks for the help guys... well to keep you posted on the SX,Just passed all the wiring for the sound system.. hopefuly it will be ready by next weekend..Also have to do a service to the engine and fit the gauges i bought if they arrive in time.. got the sleepy eyes working in no time and the car looks good.. done the leaks in the boot.. just need to wait for the first rain storm... If it might help i found that it doesnt leak from the lights but from the centre piece where the reverse lights are... Now just need to seal the holes of the spoiler and spray it(same color at least :p ) :thumbs:

Ally McC
13-04-2004, 16:02
I should be at this one - without my 4yr old this time ;)

If there ends up being a mini convoy along the M4 then let me know. I live a few minutes from Jct7 (Slough West). PM me and I'll give you my mobile, you can txt or call when you are going past Jct5 and I should be joining the M4 as you roll past :D

Matty2Fatty
13-04-2004, 16:38

If there ends up being a mini convoy along the M4 then let me know. I live a few minutes from Jct7 (Slough West). PM me and I'll give you my mobile, you can txt or call when you are going past Jct5 and I should be joining the M4 as you roll past :D

I'm comming from Heathrow, but if my mate comes, i'll be joining at the Slough/Langly junction, so I'll Pm you my number, not too sure what time i'll be leaving to get there though

Ally McC
13-04-2004, 21:05
I'm comming from Heathrow, ...:thumbs:

CBomb
14-04-2004, 01:06

:eek: Shock horror,

I might have the car back by the end of the week now, so even if they're a couple of days late I should still be on for Tuesday :thumbs:

I'll PM you my number Ally

Stidi
14-04-2004, 16:26
I may well pop along too...

I'm in Yiewsley/West Drayton so will pop down with the heathrow guys too if that's ok?
:thumbs:

Matty2Fatty
14-04-2004, 17:37
I may well pop along too...

I'm in Yiewsley/West Drayton so will pop down with the heathrow guys too if that's ok?
:thumbs:

Yeah thats kool by me, PM me your number if you want, then I'll let you know what is occuring :D :thumbs:

Drift_13
15-04-2004, 20:04
Count me in for Next Tuesday.. Hopefully i will finish the nissan on sunday.. Matty where is it possible to meet up??? Is the Mc D further up from B&Q where we meet up to go to ACE good or you pass from another way?? Also what time you think you going up there????

Simon
15-04-2004, 21:02
Hello everyone

Im going to be migrating south from the Midlands to Bracknell soon. I doubt i will be there for this meet but there is a possibility i may have moved down there for next month.

So where is it held in Reading and when.

Hope to see you all next month if the move all goes to plan

Simon :thumbs:

P.S. I hope you dont mind a northern intruder, lol

Matty2Fatty
15-04-2004, 21:17
Count me in for Next Tuesday.. Hopefully i will finish the nissan on sunday.. Matty where is it possible to meet up??? Is the Mc D further up from B&Q where we meet up to go to ACE good or you pass from another way?? Also what time you think you going up there????

That should be ok it's just down the road from me, I would go from there along the A312 (or Hayes-By-Pass to the Yokels) to the M4 then along the M4 to Reading.

As for times I have no idea, but somewhere about 7 is when I usually leave to get there & get there about 7.30-7.45 depending at what warp factor I travel at, but name a time as I am not at work or Uni so I can make anytime really.

Anybody else want to join in the convoy?

Drift_13
16-04-2004, 00:26
thats good for me Matty.. you got PM thanks :D :thumbs:

CBomb
17-04-2004, 01:21
:D

Got the 200 back (with a couple of shiny bits too :thumbs: )

So I'll deffo be there on Tuesday

Drift_13
17-04-2004, 09:15
Good for you *****.. Mine needs some more work done to it and a good WASH!!!!! :wack: :whip: LOL I will see you on Tuesday

Matty2Fatty
18-04-2004, 19:59
Does anybody else want to join up into our 2 car convoy fom Heathrow, A40 area? Drift_13 & myself so far.

PM or phone me if you do :thumbs: so I can plan our route to get there

ATrull
18-04-2004, 20:22
I'll probabley be there late, and tender from two days of stressful work :)

Drift_13
18-04-2004, 22:49
hi guys

Car nearly sorted.. :D all that is left is to finish off the back but it can be done later date.. :nod: I will meet matty at 7pm and hopefully i see you all there at Reading.. see you on tuesday.. :thumbs:

Ally McC
19-04-2004, 11:02
Probably can't make it now :(

Mrs McC has to go out and I'm left with Miss McC - might sneak her along early if I can ;) but at moment that doesn't look possible.

Jolly: Will you have Jez's super filter there? If yes, What time are you planning on getting there, if I can get along, it will have to be early.

Jolly F
19-04-2004, 11:49
I'll be there about 6 mate, i'll bring the filter. It may be for sale again if your interested :D

Parker
19-04-2004, 11:56
Jolly, are you bringing ChrisB with you?

Jolly F
19-04-2004, 12:07
Hello, how did you get on saturday!!!

5 girls and you ;)

Chris will drive up himself i expect

Stidi
19-04-2004, 15:19
sorry guys, gonna have to drop out of this one... too much on :(

hopefully discs n air filter will be in place for the next meet though... and i'll rid my car of the giant bird turd that's currently covering half my bootlid... :D

have a good one

Parker
19-04-2004, 15:34
Hello, how did you get on saturday!!!

I'll fill you in later :) :confused:

Tell Chris I'm bringing his oil!

Anyone else who wants cheap Castrol RS, bring a few quid (£24 for 4 litres and a filter) :Plug: :Plug: :Plug:

Drift_13
19-04-2004, 15:47
Hope it doesnt rain!!!! :cry: :cry: :no: :no: :no:

sabrex
20-04-2004, 07:59
I should be there to show off me 180sx wing mirrors and my awfull spray job on em. CHrisb -> dona forget the front lights m8
I will cya all there

Ally McC
20-04-2004, 09:17
I'll be there about 6 mate, i'll bring the filter. It may be for sale again if your interested :DDefinately can't make it tonight :( I have a superfilter, just really interested in the extra holes yours has drilled into it ;) Also I've got an adapter that came with it from a 180SX, a bit clueless about it but *may* be suitable to fit to Z32AFM.

I'll drop you a PM at the end of this week, perhaps I can come over & see the filter before you decide what you are doing with it... or could you take some close up pictures of the 'fitting' side - where the threads are to bolt it onto the adapter/AFM?

Jolly F
20-04-2004, 10:45
What sort of mods are you doin to your car for all of this?

Ally McC
20-04-2004, 14:03
What sort of mods are you doin to your car for all of this?None that's the problem ;)

The superfilter I bought from Japandy came with an odd adapter (photo's here (http://www.allymcculloch.co.uk/airfilter)) and I'm trying to fit the filter onto my standard AFM on the cheap :rolleyes:

The SuperFilter that Jez sold seemed to have extra threads tapped into the filter. I wanted to see how this was done, 'cause it might be a solution for me ;)

I doubt your filter would be suitable unless the extra threads that have been tapped in are in the right pattern to bolt directly to the std S13 AFM.

Jolly F
20-04-2004, 14:42
Ah! ok....

A K&N or Blitz LM is good and cheaper? So i take it mines been adapted to fit a S13 AFM then? Wanderd what the extra holes were for. Wish jez had said. The holes have been made by self tapping screws...

ATrull
20-04-2004, 15:07
Ah! ok....

A K&N or Blitz LM is good and cheaper? So i take it mines been adapted to fit a S13 AFM then? Wanderd what the extra holes were for. Wish jez had said. The holes have been made by self tapping screws...

k&n is good for cheap/reusable usage but the apexi filter apparently came out tops but costs a bit more and isn't reusable. :)

apparently the k&n filter oils aren't good for the hotwires of the afm, but I haven't noticed my idle being off, and I recently cleaned mine.

ATrull
20-04-2004, 15:19
ye olde reviewe... http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Ally McC
20-04-2004, 16:07
A K&N or Blitz LM is good and cheaper? ... but I've got this SuperFilter now ;)

So i take it mines been adapted to fit a S13 AFM then? I don't know, I assumed they were to fit onto the Zed AFM, but if they do fit the std S13 AFM, fancy swapping SuperFilters;)

The holes have been made by self tapping screws... that's what I wanted to know :) bit nervous about trying though incase I really bugger it up :wak:

CBomb
20-04-2004, 23:09
Here's the picture you've all been waiting for........ (not)

This was taken early on in the evening, there were a good few more later on (including several S13's and an even another s14 (Pops!)

Sadly as Simon was no where to be found and Hingy was having a KFC I've had to substitute them both for a banana :D :wave:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=8697

Now remeber kids, this is just a picture it doesn't happen every day so please don't have nightmares :D

ATrull
20-04-2004, 23:18
bwahaha :wack:

was nice to see everyone again - I hadn't been to a reading meet in months!

maverick
21-04-2004, 07:19
I'm a banana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-GTi-R
21-04-2004, 09:09
I have posted elsewhere, but just to catch you, can the guy (can't remember your name sorry :rolleyes: ) I spoke to last night about the flamer kit PM me and we can sort something out.

CBomb
21-04-2004, 09:18
I have posted elsewhere, but just to catch you, can the guy (can't remember your name sorry :rolleyes: ) I spoke to last night about the flamer kit PM me and we can sort something out.

That was me mate, will do

Drift_13
21-04-2004, 09:30
hi guys

I`m sorry i could not make it last night.. but had some serious problems at work :whip: :whip: :hurl: and could not leave there and then :rant: .. Well to sum it all up ended stuck here at work till 11pm :censored: .. looks like you guys had a good one :nod: .. I am sorry i missed it.. Will see you next month for sure

CBomb
21-04-2004, 09:31
hi guys

I`m sorry i could not make it last night.. but had some serious problems at work :whip: :whip: :hurl: and could not leave there and then :rant: .. Well to sum it all up ended stuck here at work till 11pm :censored: .. looks like you guys had a good one :nod: .. I am sorry i missed it.. Will see you next month for sure

No worries mate,

I kept an eye out for any new S13's but didn't see any so I assumed you hadn't made it.

Catch up with you at the next one

Drift_13
21-04-2004, 09:33
i was suppose to come up with Matty but had to cancel on him in the afternoon.. i will sure see you all next month...

Did you see the Movie????