PDA

View Full Version : welsh drift day

dorifter
28-03-2004, 16:57
llandow £75 EACH CAR we need 30 or more,i'm in for two spaces,i would appreciate a volunteer to help co-ordinate the booking,we will need solid commitment prior or else someone puts up the £2000 and we take a chance :eek: we can chat amongst ourselves to arrange a date,llandow can offer a good drift day and also a mix of normal track use,we can use the driftracing 0870 7 547 547 booking line for credit card payment THE FIRST DD WALES,

Jeff
28-03-2004, 18:25
Hi mate, this sounds like a good day :) I'd defo consider coming along if I wasn't skint :(

It may be worth your while contacting Jezz_S13 or chris for help, as they are the Welsh Reps on the board and would probably appreciate being kept in the loop re non-sxoc sponsored events in Wales that are being organised via the sxoc BB :thumbs:

Jeff :)

Phill
28-03-2004, 19:11
Stick me down butty!!

Also i'll be mored than happy to help with organising it as several of us on www.sw-cc.com :Plug: have organsied day's there so I'm familiar with the area etc.

Let me know what you need . . . :cool:

fullmetalgasket
28-03-2004, 19:53
I'm still interested :thumbs:

Won't be much use to you on the organisational front though, I can barely organise my socks :smash:

I'm assuming this will be a wet session as it's in wales?

;)

VIDAL BABBOON
28-03-2004, 20:24
Put me down for one m8 and i will get a definate of my mates tomorow for you.

But if i get addicted after the first session is there the chance to book another on the day ??

Nick

dorifter
28-03-2004, 22:22
the good news for you lot ,Andy walsh of 1st lotus.com comes from swansea and commutes to north weald to run the day there,so would be more than happy to put on regular days there,i think a monday or friday would be good and the sooner the better ,june or july :thumbs: :down:

dorifter
28-03-2004, 22:26
the good news for you lot ,Andy walsh of 1st lotus.com comes from swansea and commutes to north weald to run the day there,so would be more than happy to put on regular days there,i think a monday or friday would be good and the sooner the better ,june or july :thumbs: :down: sorry that don't really make sense i'll try again,1st lotus and myself run the drift days at north weald,essex

dorifter
29-03-2004, 08:21
i have spoke to andy and he said if the day is a success he would be more than happy to put on regular days at llandow, :thumbs:

Phill
29-03-2004, 09:09
Thank god i've got 10 standard wheel's and tyres sitting in the garage!! :D

dorifter
29-03-2004, 17:01
Thank god i've got 10 standard wheel's and tyres sitting in the garage!! :DTHATS THE TALK OF A SERIOUS DRIFTER

Wookie
04-04-2004, 16:25
What's the score regarding track time. Will be able to go on the track at timed intervals or are we all going on at the same time. It's that I wouldn't want to hit anybody elses car, I don't care about my own.

Phill
04-04-2004, 17:04
Good point - i'd have thought it would be just a few of us at a time with us being spread out so that we don't get too close to each other!! :smash:

Mitch
04-04-2004, 17:17
It's that I wouldn't want to hit anybody elses car, I don't care about my own.

What, the one in your sig? :eek:

Wookie
05-04-2004, 16:14
Yep :D :D

It's just the feeling that you've just trashed someone elses car :cry: :cry: , if you spin off and hit a barrier you can only blame yourself:smash: :annoyed: :smash: or the car :D

dorifter
05-04-2004, 16:50
No One Coming Forward To Organise ........help

fullmetalgasket
05-04-2004, 17:18
I'm afraid I may have to drop out again :(

Having to go into serious money saving mode for a bit :ghey:

Phill
05-04-2004, 18:10
Stick me down butty!!

Also i'll be more than happy to help with organising it as several of us on www.sw-cc.com :Plug: have organsied day's there so I'm familiar with the area etc.

Let me know what you need . . . :cool:

Um . . . me about 10 posts ago :wave: :rolleyes:

Wookie
06-04-2004, 14:13
I can help if your struggeling, but I'm a bit short of time myself at the mo as I'm in the middle of doing my house up :smash: :smash:, but let me know :thumbs:

dorifter
07-04-2004, 08:22
thinking about it ,the best way to do this,if we announce a date and send off a deposit to 1st lotus in swansea,then we will just have to wait and see if enough drivers fill the booking,in the school holidays would be good so it can be a family day!!!

dorifter
07-04-2004, 08:23
on a firm understanding that if we cant fill the slot we will have to be refunded :down:

Wookie
07-04-2004, 08:35
Not the best way of doing things IMO. I think we need to have definate names on paper and deposits taken at least. We all know what it's like trying to organise this kind of thing, people droping out , other plans etc. I don't see the point in booking something if we know there's not enough people to fill the spaces. :thumbs:

Phill
07-04-2004, 08:53
Wookie's got a point.

How about getting £25 deposits off everyone?? I don't mind collecting it and keeping a book on who has paid, who's show interest etc.

dorifter
07-04-2004, 09:16
Wookie's got a point.

How about getting £25 deposits off everyone?? I don't mind collecting it and keeping a book on who has paid, who's show interest etc. thats what we need ,thanks phil,i agree it would be a waste of time to refund ,this is a great chance to show llandow how seriuos the drift scene on the sxoc is.
they will be open to regular days if the first is a success,obviously we drift at north weald regular enough not to be to concerned either way,but i will defo come along to help 1st lotus ,it will need someone in your area to push it forward,if it cant be solely a sx day then it wont be hard to fill the remaining places via other forums,but the sxoc is surely 30 strong inc friends.well done phil

Wookie
07-04-2004, 10:12
Good Idea Phill. It also helps spread the total cost. I don't mind helping out if you need a hand collecting the depoits in the area. :thumbs:

Phill
07-04-2004, 10:15
Well I'll try to get some commitment out of the local SXer's at the Swansea meet and the next South Wales meet and see where we go from there.

Other than my site (www.sw-cc.com), where else do you recon it would be worth advertising??

Phill
07-04-2004, 11:01
Also been thinking - there will be quite alot of people interested in watching I think. Maybe it may be worth charging spectators a small amount (i.e £2 each) to try and help cover costs.

They have toilets at the track, would it be worth inviting a burger van, wouldn't cost us anything. We could possibly charge the van for being there depending upon how busy we are . . .

Phill
07-04-2004, 11:31
http://www.llandow.com/new/Resources/arial.jpeg

Found a pic. Just been thinking, maybe we could turn this into a bif more of an 'event' day than just a drifting one.

We only need the bendy bit of the track for drifting right (assuming you'd drift around the bend, turn around and drift back). So could we use the striaghts for 0-60's and quarter miles??

Wookie
07-04-2004, 12:35
I thought that it was a bit of a time trial session in the morning and the drifting in the afternoon, but I must have mis-read things.

It would be a good idea to have a 0-60s and quater of a mile sprint, but I think that it would draw the wrong sort of crowd, knowing how many boy racers there are in South Wales if it was advertised to the general public as a "run what you bring" sort of event. Keeping it to 30 signed up cars would be better and more controlable. And we do want to be invited back again?

The £2 entry fee is a great idea and I don't think people would mind paying that to see 30 tuned jap cars screaming their nuts off afround a race track :D :D :D. Burger van also a great idea, we all get hungry.

Phill
07-04-2004, 13:16
Yeah your right we don't want it full of 1.1 saxo drivers doing burnouts.

Maybe we could make it invite only??

I'll bring the timing gear along to the day anyway so that we can have a bit of a mess about should we feel the need . . .

Wookie
07-04-2004, 14:06
we don't want it full of 1.1 saxo drivers doing burnouts

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to offend any Saxo drivers :D :D :D

dorifter
07-04-2004, 16:20
keep it invite only,my drift day was stopped,temporaraly because of wheelspinning spectators of the type you speak of!!,we should try and keep it a nissan day,other forums skyline and 350z !!

dorifter
07-04-2004, 16:38
on the other hand if the numbers were in the 100 s ,we could talk to llandow and try to disclaim against any mularky,1st lotus are going to ask about insurance for the spectators he thinks they might carry a policy,remember we have to provide our own event insurace,not a problem if we only insure drivers but becomes collosal when taking on spectators,passengers are a issue but is overlooked ,for now.The most expensive sport to insure is rally , insurers dont like passengers, the day must be a weekday,unless we have a winter slot :down: .i have thought of a way around getting the spectators inc on the drivers event policy,by letting them take part in a slalom/time trial/lap under instruction if they pay a small fee for the privialage they can spectate but would be insured as they have taken part,this would only work for a few?? not several 100.

dorifter
07-04-2004, 16:48
:cool: i think a bank holiday is still classed as a weekday ,i'll ask asap, but lets not get our hopes up,

VIDAL BABBOON
07-04-2004, 22:53
Ok then I need a rough idea of a date for my mate Justin with his track prepped M3 but he is well up for it (and don’t think a day off work is a problem lol)

Will ask around for other interested parties.

We going to throw it open to any make of car?

Nick

dorifter
08-04-2004, 08:28
if its a friend and your coming in a nissan,then your mate should be welcome to turn up in anything,looks like we could fill the day with mostly sxoc cars and friends so not really wide open,getting some dates soon,

Wookie
08-04-2004, 08:44
How abouts starting a list, just to see a rough show of hands?

So here we go so far I think:

1) dorifter
2) Phil
3) Nick
4) Nick's mate (M3)
5) Wookie

If I've forgot anyone just add your name :D :D

VIDAL BABBOON
08-04-2004, 15:02
if its a friend and your coming in a nissan,then your mate should be welcome to turn up in anything,looks like we could fill the day with mostly sxoc cars and friends so not really wide open,getting some dates soon,

:thumbs: Dont worry m8 no Saxo owners in mind :D

1) dorifter
2) Phil
3) Nick
4) Nick's mate (M3)
5) Wookie

Nick

dorifter
16-04-2004, 22:00
sorry if it seems it went off the boil.......1st lotus a bit pre -occupied ,so asked if i could talk direct,great feedback from the track owners,i phoned today,i think the price is going to be a bit cheaper than we have been talking about,not by much but i think we dont have to pay for insurance :thumbs: £1800,but dont hold me to it,this includes marshalls,ambulance is £150,apr £2000 for the day ,if we did go to 20 cars even at £100 each,it will still be value,obviously 40 cars £50 each,the track has just been re-surfaced in the same tarmac as silverstone :thumbs: ,they are ringing me on tues to confirm the dates available,the bank holidays she said were a little bit dearer than normal weekday but not as dear as a weekend,she was amused that i had sussed the benefit of the holidays :wave: closer

Phill
17-04-2004, 17:55
Good on you son.

Let me know if there is anything I can do our end . . . :nod:

dorifter
18-04-2004, 21:05
:nod:

Wookie
19-04-2004, 08:43
Good on you son.

Let me know if there is anything I can do our end . . .

And me, I'll help where I can :thumbs:

VIDAL BABBOON
19-04-2004, 10:11
1) dorifter
2) Phil
3)
4) Nick's mate (M3)
5) Wookie

Stacked it. So will have to pull out as a defo at least untill i have the car side of things sorted :annoyed:

Nick

Wookie
19-04-2004, 11:23
Sorry to here that m8 :cry: . What happened? Not use to the rear wheel drive power :p ;) or some usless twat that couldn't drive hit you?

VIDAL BABBOON
19-04-2004, 12:17
Lost the back end on a bridge m8 :annoyed:

Hit an expantion joint on a wet road bridge surface got it back once but the second time was not so good stuffed it good and proper!

Nick

Wookie
19-04-2004, 12:33
Gutted for you m8. :cry: :cry: Knowing the hassle you had trying to sell the Pug b4 putting the 200 on the road.

I nearly had the same thing happen to me last week. Went sideways brought it back, sideways the other way, back and fore for about 200yrds and just managed to slide it between two traffic island build outs. :eek: :eek:

Are you looking at getting another s14a or going for something with 4 wheel drive.

VIDAL BABBOON
19-04-2004, 14:19
Are you looking at getting another s14a or going for something with 4 wheel drive.

On the hunt for another 14-a as we speak m8 :nod:

First mod - Traction controll lol

Nick