PDA

View Full Version : April Longwell meet.

Barryjdart
26-03-2004, 21:06
The April Longwell meet is due to be on the 10th. However that weekend is also Easter weekend. So should we move it to the following Saturday? Opinions, please.

Nicely
26-03-2004, 22:29
Won't be going, whenever it is.

Got Bournemouth meet this Sunday, 90th birthday party on the 4th (NOT mine :rolleyes:), Easter on the 10th, Mini track day on the 1st May and Japfest on the 22nd May. That's quite enough... :nod:

Barryjdart
27-03-2004, 06:04
Yep. I can't make the 10th. either. Would prefer the 17th myself.

Jeff
27-03-2004, 09:07
10th or 17 are both fine with me :)

steveb
27-03-2004, 09:49
Alright guys,

my vote goes for the 17th as i cant make the 10th. see you all then:wave:

steve

Pete C
29-03-2004, 23:16
Yep, 17th is good for me also :)

My car will be properly clean this time, I promise :nod:

I might even shine up the engine bay for y'all :D

Deacon
29-03-2004, 23:42
still wont be shiney enough pete :D :D

your gonna have to hire a trailer to bring it to the meet so the car does not get dirty :D

fullmetalgasket
31-03-2004, 17:22
17th should be fine :thumbs:

I might clean the car (if tut weathers nice)

I do however have nice new shiny bits to show off :D

Deacon
31-03-2004, 19:29
if i have my way ill be there :D

on TWIN WEBBER 45s :eek: :D

JB
31-03-2004, 19:44
ooooh I think I can make the 17th. Looking forward to it :nod:

Barryjdart
31-03-2004, 21:07
ooooh I think I can make the 17th. Looking forward to it :nod:

:thumbs: :thumbs: JB

fullmetalgasket
31-03-2004, 23:02
on TWIN WEBBER 45s :eek: :D

Mmmm, that'll sound lurvely :nod: :smitten:

jackanory
01-04-2004, 12:04
I'll be there for the 17th too... with me new shiny bits, me new noisy bits, and me new bouncy bits...! J.

Nicely
01-04-2004, 12:06
Nice to see you finally joined the board, Jack! :p :)

Scott_Drayton
01-04-2004, 15:50
Ill post my monthly "ill be there"....:rolleyes: :)

Ill see what i can do. If my car is out the garage, ill be there. If not, there is no way on gods beautiful earth that i am turnign up in mother's Purple Micra....

:ghey: :D

Pete C
01-04-2004, 17:13
I'll be there for the 17th too... with me new shiny bits, me new noisy bits, and me new bouncy bits...! J.

Dude - nice wheels! :cool:

fullmetalgasket
01-04-2004, 17:27
Dude - nice wheels! :cool:

Sweet! :thumbs:

Barryjdart
01-04-2004, 18:08
Ill post my monthly "ill be there"....:rolleyes: :)

Ill see what i can do. If my car is out the garage, ill be there. If not, there is no way on gods beautiful earth that i am turnign up in mother's Purple Micra....

:ghey: :D

Why not? I turned up at the first one in a R*v*r 25. :ghey:

steveb
02-04-2004, 12:44
and i will most probably be turning up in a 1 litre pug 205 with a 4 speed gearbox :ghey: , lol

steve

jackanory
03-04-2004, 15:11
lol, nice one... they cost enough so i hope they are liked by others as much as me! (big-head syndrome coming on)

umm... my car just failed its mot :( Only on the gay exhaust though... has anyone got a stock system knocking around from when they put on an aftermarket one? Will buy/steal/beg/borrow/cry for/anything, only need it briefly so i can get the car through its test then i can whack on my (naughty but) nice zorst again... (it was 97db apparently, a fail... *cry*(yet big smile))

Anyone got one? pretty pwease?

j.

Scott_Drayton
03-04-2004, 16:26
lol, nice one... they cost enough so i hope they are liked by others as much as me! (big-head syndrome coming on)

umm... my car just failed its mot :( Only on the gay exhaust though... has anyone got a stock system knocking around from when they put on an aftermarket one? Will buy/steal/beg/borrow/cry for/anything, only need it briefly so i can get the car through its test then i can whack on my (naughty but) nice zorst again... (it was 97db apparently, a fail... *cry*(yet big smile))

j.

Think ive got one knocking about mate......

*thinks back many years to when he had standard exhaust....*

Ill have a look.....

cHiL
03-04-2004, 16:45
...... I might be able to make this one :thumbs: Hopefully with new Tein springs too :D
hey Jack why dont ya just make a temporary screw-in bung if it's only failing on noise level? Should be easier IMO;)

jacko
04-04-2004, 19:27
I might try and get down for this one too :)

Haven't shown my face in ages

Pete C
04-04-2004, 23:29
I might try and get down for this one too :)

Haven't shown my face in ages

Yay! :thumbs:

Barryjdart
05-04-2004, 05:52
Double Yay :thumbs: :thumbs:

steveb
06-04-2004, 12:51
Alright guys,

need to ask a bit of a favour, has anyone coming to the next meet got a front bumper for a S13 that they want to part company with and sell me? i want to get a bit creative with it.

cheers

Steve

ade200
06-04-2004, 14:48

j.

Try another test station - noise level is not subjective - see reply from Yak below;

I thin kyoull find MOT stations dont have a DB meter making it part of the test kinda tricky. IIRC they could fail it if its missing its zorst or is stupidly lowd but its at there discration and farily unlickly.
Quote:
Reason for rejection

a. Any part of the exhaust system missing or excessively deteriorated
b. A leak in an exhaust system which causes excessive noise to be emitted
c. An exhaust system mounting missing or one which is in such a condition that it does not fully support the exhaust system. 2. A silencer which is in such a condition or is of such a type that the noise emitted is clearly in excess of that which would be produced by a similar machine fitted with a standard silencer in average condition.

Bart
09-04-2004, 08:20
see u then....

cHiL
09-04-2004, 23:54
...I'm deffo comin now and so is Disco Tom. :nod: :D See ya there:thumbs:

TAC
11-04-2004, 23:56
Will be up in Ipswich when this one's on, but should be free for the May one :) :wave:

Nicely
12-04-2004, 09:00
Doubt there'll be a May one due to Japfest. :nod:

Yak
14-04-2004, 14:10
Try another test station - noise level is not subjective - see reply from Yak below;

I thin kyoull find MOT stations dont have a DB meter making it part of the test kinda tricky. IIRC they could fail it if its missing its zorst or is stupidly lowd but its at there discration and farily unlickly.
Quote:
Reason for rejection

a. Any part of the exhaust system missing or excessively deteriorated
b. A leak in an exhaust system which causes excessive noise to be emitted
c. An exhaust system mounting missing or one which is in such a condition that it does not fully support the exhaust system. 2. A silencer which is in such a condition or is of such a type that the noise emitted is clearly in excess of that which would be produced by a similar machine fitted with a standard silencer in average condition.

Ooops I quoted from the wrong manual... it should read as....

Reason for rejection
a. A part of the system missing or excessively deteriorated

b. an exhaust system mounting missing, or In such condition that it does not fully support the exhaust system.

Note: An alternative mounting device is acceptable providing the system is secure and the fixing is not likely to fail prematurely-

a. A major leak of exhaust gases from any part of the system

Note: A minor exhaust leak from, for example, a connection joint or a pin hole, is not a Reason for Rejection

b. a silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a silencer in average condition

elvis
14-04-2004, 18:00
Hi guys ill b up 4 the 17th, but what time u meetin up?

O yeah were the hell is Longwell? :annoyed:
Sorry im new 2 somerset.

HARP boy

Nicely
14-04-2004, 18:03
Hi elvis. :wave:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=59933

elvis
14-04-2004, 18:12
Thanks mate its not 2 far, id come up but i don't finish work till 6
and thats from wincanton!

SMiFFAD
15-04-2004, 08:02
I should be at this one, and the wifes coming too :cool:

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 12:33
I should be at this one, and the wifes coming too :cool:

Congratulations mate! :thumbs:

:wack:

SMiFFAD
15-04-2004, 12:37
Congratulations mate! :thumbs:

:wack:

Didnt mean it quite that literally :D

cartman
15-04-2004, 13:07
There is a thread on the for sale section of this website. a guy as a whole system. Hope this helps.

have you thought of popping down to sunny swindon for the SX meets, there the first tuesday of each month at the Check Inn Pub, wroughton, just off of M4 J16.

Good luck with MOT, mine failed a few weeks back and FB Nissan wanted to charge 1275.33 for the work. could by another s13 for that money!!!

Will be ready for 6th May.....hopefully. :(

Ad
15-04-2004, 16:37
I should be good for this one, can i join the gloustershire convoy!!! :D

Ad.

jacko
15-04-2004, 18:00
Yay! :thumbs:

No and double no !

Can't make it, I have a family christening to go to. Promise to definatley come to the nex one providing I can make it :wack:

cHiL
15-04-2004, 18:30
I should be good for this one, can i join the gloustershire convoy!!! :D

Ad.
Yeehaaaaaaaw! :wack: hehe a convoy.. yey!! Lots of people at the meet I haven't met yet too, excellent! :thumbs:
I can show off my "sexy" new reg number;)

Pete C
15-04-2004, 18:53
No and double no !

Can't make it, I have a family christening to go to. Promise to definatley come to the nex one providing I can make it :wack:

That's it! :mad:

YER DED :mad: :mad: :mad:
(where's MattyGee when you need him to help with a drive-by shooting!?)

:D :D :D :D

Ad
15-04-2004, 19:07
Does that mean you've got your fancy new plates as well mate? Thats a big 10 4 big buddy!!!

Ad. :)

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 19:38
Didnt mean it quite that literally :D

LMAO!
Yar Mupett! I didn't either :p :smash:

cHiL
15-04-2004, 19:54
Does that mean you've got your fancy new plates as well mate? Thats a big 10 4 big buddy!!!

Ad. :)
Yep finally got them today (after waiting 15 days :eek: )

Hey FullMet***asket, did you find out what was holding your car back on the rollers mate?

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 20:08
Not yet :(
The current consensus is pointing at the zorst, But Chris'll be helping me (read as probably doing all the work :wack: ) check the boost pipes, IC, ect for leaks on Sun.

Hopefully that'll come out OK and I only need to concern myself with getting a feckoff gert exhaust :D

Doobs
15-04-2004, 20:33
That's the second time Disco-Tom has pointed a regional meet out to me ... thank god someone concentrates!

I'll make it, and not just cos Tom has some exhaust trims for me ;) !!!
:thumbs:

cHiL
15-04-2004, 20:43
That's the second time Disco-Tom has pointed a regional meet out to me ... thank god someone concentrates!

I'll make it, and not just cos Tom has some exhaust trims for me ;) !!!
:thumbs:
Doobs I'll pm ya my number. Do ya fancy meeting up at 1ish and then getting Ad b4 we hit the road..? What about you Ad?

Doobs
15-04-2004, 21:19
Doobs I'll pm ya my number. Do ya fancy meeting up at 1ish and then getting Ad b4 we hit the road..? What about you Ad?

Nice one, that's good for me. Where do you wanna meet .. at the shell garage??

cHiL
15-04-2004, 21:26
Nice one, that's good for me. Where do you wanna meet .. at the shell garage??
which one?

cHiL
15-04-2004, 21:27
Not yet :(
The current consensus is pointing at the zorst, But Chris'll be helping me (read as probably doing all the work :wack: ) check the boost pipes, IC, ect for leaks on Sun.

Hopefully that'll come out OK and I only need to concern myself with getting a feckoff gert exhaust :D
Well erm on Saturday you can compare with mine if you want, I have a 2.25" cat back see my spec for the rest.. Sorry dont have a BHP figure yet..

Edit: Isn't nicelys zorst standard and de-catted?

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 21:34
What make is it? the spec sounds V similar to mine, Same diameter only possibly not the same backbox.
Mines currently a Longlife through-flow jobbie, Chris has seen these cause probs in the past going by a phone conversation I had with him. :eek:

I'm currently being sorely tempted by the Apex'i GT spec on bren's site :wack:
MMmmmmmm, Loud :thumbs:

Christ knows how I'll afford it though.......

Nicely's zorst is now an Apex 3.5" twin silencer jobbie, no cat's :D - very nice and currently in the number 2 slot in my list after the Apex'i (it's over £100 cheaper so highly tempting :nod: )

cHiL
15-04-2004, 21:38
What make is it? the spec sounds V similar to mine, Same diameter only possibly not the same backbox.
Mines currently a Longlife through-flow jobbie, Chris has seen these cause probs in the past going by a phone conversation I had with him. :eek:

I'm currently being sorely tempted by the Apex'i GT spec on bren's site :wack:
MMmmmmmm, Loud :thumbs:

Christ knows how I'll afford it though.......

Nicely's zorst is now an Apex 3.5" twin silencer jobbie, no cat's :D - very nice and currently in the number 2 slot in my list after the Apex'i (it's over £100 cheaper so highly tempting :nod: )

Mines a powerflow, 2.25" from the cat back to a 4.5" slash cut powerflow "jap" box. I'll see if can show a pic..

http://www.sxoc.com/images/dynamic/memberimgs/lores/20043171749436.jpg the best pic I can find at the mo..

cHiL
15-04-2004, 21:42
forward of that is an extremely high flow "cat";) (which I've a feeling doesn't work;)hehe) and then a 3" s/s dano front pipe.

bigtone
15-04-2004, 21:43
why dont you lot make it Sunday the 18th at interpro
should be a load of ppl there and a load of diffetent cars.
just an idea, you can tell me to mind my onw biz if you like.

Ad
15-04-2004, 22:10
Sounds like a plan cHiL you coming down my way or you want me to meet you chelt side?

Can't make interpro i'm afraid, me good lady won't let me have too much fun without me on a weekend and glos are playin so i've gotta watch! :wack:

Ad.

cHiL
15-04-2004, 22:21
tbh it would be easier if you come to Chelt as there's 2 of us here, even come to mine if ya want.. what do you think?

fullmetalgasket
15-04-2004, 22:23

I am! :smash: :wave:

Ad
15-04-2004, 22:24
Yeah thats kool mate, i'll fill up at the same time! (cheaper over there! ;) )
Just agree a time and place and i'll be there!

Ad. :thumbs:

cHiL
15-04-2004, 22:24

Hmmm dunno about that but I might go to both :D

Nicely
16-04-2004, 05:43
Nicely's zorst is now an Apex 3.5" twin silencer jobbie, no cat's :D - very nice and currently in the number 2 slot in my list after the Apex'i (it's over £100 cheaper so highly tempting :nod: )Exactly the point I was about to make... :nod:

cHiL
16-04-2004, 10:22
Exactly the point I was about to make... :nod:

How did you get on when you just had standard zorst and de-cat?

disco-tom
16-04-2004, 11:53
Dunno about Nicely, but now I've got a mahoosively load Apexi exhaust, I don't think it's much faster than the standard one decatted. :confused:

cHiL
16-04-2004, 13:03
Dunno about Nicely, but now I've got a mahoosively load Apexi exhaust, I don't think it's much faster than the standard one decatted. :confused:Just assuming you mean loud? hehe well we'll have to have a good listen to it tomorrow then Tom. I dont think it's gonna be the exhuast thats the problem on FMG's car tho somehow..

Nicely
16-04-2004, 13:29
Dunno about Nicely, but now I've got a mahoosively load Apexi exhaust, I don't think it's much faster than the standard one decatted. :confused:Errrrrm. Don't think you can be giving it much welly. There's more to it than how fast it feels. Its how much power is available. Look at the photo of the old exhaust. Check out the angle and size of the pipe going into the rear box! :eek:

http://download.jull.info/old_exhaust1.JPG

Now take a look at these two charts. Ignore the power figures. Just look at the curves. In the first chart the red line was with standard exhaust and cat. The green is standard exhaust with decat. Now check the curve on the second chart after the Apex system was fitted with a decat. Nuff said...

http://download.jull.info/power_chart.jpg

http://download.jull.info/salisbury_rr_graph.jpg

Bart
16-04-2004, 19:54
a few shiney hotpipes for s14/a's too.....

Ad
16-04-2004, 19:58
Ok where we meeting then? I vote the Beefeater at 1? Is this ok with the rest of ya?

Ad.

Doobs
16-04-2004, 20:18
Ok where we meeting then? I vote the Beefeater at 1? Is this ok with the rest of ya?

Ad.

Is the Beefeater the pub opposite Sainsburys (where the Cheltenham meet was the week before last)?
If that's easiest it's fine for me.

Ad
16-04-2004, 21:04
Yeah thats the one mate, just thought it is somewhere we all know. :)

Pete C
16-04-2004, 22:33
BTW, in case anyone's interested in my Bailey DV + fitting kit that I've got for sale (see link in my sig), I'll be bringing it along with me :thumbs:

I also may be bringing a friend of mine in his Pulsar GTI-R :)

Nicely
16-04-2004, 22:36
Make sure that damn car's clean this time! :wack:

cHiL
17-04-2004, 00:17

Ad.
Yep, suits me :thumbs:

cHiL
17-04-2004, 00:19
Errrrrm. Don't think you can be giving it much welly. There's more to it than how fast it feels. Its how much power is available. Look at the photo of the old exhaust. Check out the angle and size of the pipe going into the rear box! :eek:

http://download.jull.info/old_exhaust1.JPG Yes I see, good point;) do ya think this'll be very similar for mine or FMGs zorsts tho?

fullmetalgasket
17-04-2004, 01:24
Yes I see, good point;) do ya think this'll be very similar for mine or FMGs zorsts tho?

I can't remember mine from when I had it done.

But the problem Chris described with the Longlife exhausts was something to do with the backbox I think.
All I remember clearly from the conversation are the words:
'you could see the baffles glowing cherry red'

I'm fairly sure he was refering the the silencing bits of the box being too restrictive :nod:

JB
17-04-2004, 10:45
Sorry guys, been up all night with a puking baby JBess, so can't face 300 miles of motorway :(

See you next time :thumbs:

Deacon
17-04-2004, 10:47
Sorry guys, been up all night with a puking baby JBess, so can't face 300 miles of motorway :(

See you next time :thumbs:

get well soon lil JB !

i aint going .....trying to convince my dad to go sit in the bristol longwell green boaling carpark in his aston and wait for a load of men with nissans to park next to him....

he looked at me like i was giving him instuctions to goto a dogging venue :wack: :D

Pete C
17-04-2004, 13:02
Make sure that damn car's clean this time! :wack:

It will be - as long as it doesn't rain on the way!

Pete C
17-04-2004, 16:29
OK - who invited the morons in the Skyline and the Supra who were having an exhaust sound-off in the middle of the car park? :rolleyes:

cHiL
17-04-2004, 17:22
Good meet and good to meet a few more owners :thumbs: Doesn't anyone know the supra/skyline dudes then?

Thanx to Bart for the "Bling";)

Nicely
17-04-2004, 17:42
I had a word, but they were about to go by then... :rolleyes:

disco-tom
17-04-2004, 17:55
Well, I thought they made a really nice sound and looked great, so they didn't bother me at all. :)

Nice to see some many more guys today, was great. :thumbs:

SMiFFAD
17-04-2004, 18:00
OK - who invited the morons in the Skyline and the Supra who were having an exhaust sound-off in the middle of the car park? :rolleyes:

That would be me, and they were spurred on by the sx owners who started it.

cHiL
17-04-2004, 18:09

Oops! :rolleyes: well at least mines the quiet one;)

Nicely
17-04-2004, 18:33
Unfortunately, the car park security don't take too kindly to excessive exhaust noise. :rolleyes:

Yes, SX owners started it, however, the Supra and Skyline were being excessive. :nod:

Pete C
17-04-2004, 18:33

I wouldn't be that bothered mate, trouble is, the security guards might be, we don't want to get ourselves banned from the car park, it's a good venue :)

Bart
17-04-2004, 20:09
First one i have been to for a while and a jolly good turnout.......

Nice to see loads of new faces......... :thumbs:

and Chill.... :thumbs: cheers matey.......

Disco......i should have tried the hard sell :thumbs:

Bart

Doobs
17-04-2004, 20:38
T'was a good meet, glad I came along. Cheers guys!

cHiL .. you had a few flames poppin' out the tail on the way home - was most entertaining!!!

Ad
17-04-2004, 21:09
Was kool to see some new faces and i got a shiny pipe!! :thumbs:

Ad.

Bart
17-04-2004, 21:30
cheers :thumbs:

disco-tom
17-04-2004, 23:34
Unfortunately, the car park security don't take too kindly to excessive exhaust noise. :rolleyes:

If I was in anyway to blame, then I apologise. :o

Bart, it wasn't your sales patter - I'm just a tight git who isn't worried what colour the gubbins under the bonnet is, tbh. :p

cHiL
17-04-2004, 23:34
T'was a good meet, glad I came along. Cheers guys!

cHiL .. you had a few flames poppin' out the tail on the way home - was most entertaining!!!

hehe :D well it kept your eyes on the road I suppose;)

fullmetalgasket
18-04-2004, 00:01
Bart, it wasn't your sales patter

Nope, Bart can talk your eyes out of your head if he wants to! :smash: :p

Nicely
18-04-2004, 10:10
Photos have arrived here (http://www.jull.co.uk/meets/lg_042004.html).

elvis
18-04-2004, 12:08
By the pics it looks like u had a good turnout im pissed i could'nt make it, i havent met any of u fellow 200 boys yet, lookin forward 2 the sparkford meet tho! :nod:

Barryjdart
18-04-2004, 12:09
Nicely done once more. :thumbs: :thumbs: :D

cHiL
18-04-2004, 12:47
Nicely done once more. :thumbs: :thumbs: :D

Agreed :thumbs: :cool: :D

GTR GAR
18-04-2004, 13:24
Hi all :thumbs:

Was good to meet some more nissan owners :nod: thought i'd pop along to have alook at youre pics of the meet , well done Nicely.

:rant:

stt
18-04-2004, 14:20

That would be me and my friend gary,We were invited down,we are not morons and we werent there to show off,We didnt start messing round until some of your members had already started revving up thier engines,Nobody approached us and asked us not to do it or else we would have stopped and if we were that much of an annoyance why were people taking photos of our cars?

PAW
18-04-2004, 14:35
I thought it was a great meeting nice to see loads turn up especially the supra and skyline it made a nice change. I wouldnt worry stt and gtr gar i expect the green eyed monster got to a few people, nice cars. :notworthy

GTR GAR
18-04-2004, 14:40

:eek: whaa , did'nt see that post coming! :annoyed:

If i hadnt heard the sweet sound of an sx popping i dont think i woulda started , but then who am i to pass comment

Nicely
18-04-2004, 15:07
Don't worry about it, guys. It's mine and Jeff's fault for not putting a stop to it earlier. We're all for having a bit of fun. We just don't want to upset the car park peeps as they accept us meeting there every month and we'd be stuffed without the venue.

stt
18-04-2004, 15:15
I thought it was a great meeting nice to see loads turn up especially the supra and skyline it made a nice change. I wouldnt worry stt and gtr gar i expect the green eyed monster got to a few people, nice cars. :notworthy

Why thank you very much sir,most kind!

Pete C
18-04-2004, 15:51
GTR GAR and stt, please accept my apologies, I think my langauge was a little strong there as I was pretty annoyed at the time :)

However, I still think that people sat stationary revving their engines is something that belongs at a 'cruise' in a McDonalds car park and not at an SXOC meet.

I'd expect the owners of such nice cars to know better to be honest :indiff:

cHiL
18-04-2004, 17:23
[runs for cover] :wack:

disco-tom
18-04-2004, 18:27
Ditto. :o

And going by the look of this photo, it might have been me that started it off.

http://www.jull.co.uk/meets/images/lg_042004_15.jpg

Sorry.... :(

cHiL
18-04-2004, 18:31
Ditto. :o

And going by the look of this photo, it might have been me that started it off.

http://www.jull.co.uk/meets/images/lg_042004_15.jpg

Sorry.... :(

hehe :smash:

Ripper
19-04-2004, 09:29
Photos have arrived here (http://www.jull.co.uk/meets/lg_042004.html).

Oi! Where's a picture of my Power Machine?!

I was there for ages :wack: so there's no excuse :whip:

Ripper
19-04-2004, 09:33
...However, I still think that people sat stationary revving their engines is something that belongs at a 'cruise' in a McDonalds car park and not at an SXOC meet...

I wasn't there for that but it's not something to be encouraged.....

Also, the Skyline/FTO group looked down their noses at my Punto - and that's a big no-no :whip: :whip: :whip:

SMiFFAD
19-04-2004, 09:41
I wasn't there for that but it's not something to be encouraged.....

Also, the Skyline/FTO group looked down their noses at my Punto - and that's a big no-no :whip: :whip: :whip:

Think the engine revving subject best be dropped, as both sides are as guilty as each other so pointing fingers will only end in pointless arguments!

I think we all agree its best not to do it, and also victimising visitors for doing what several sx owners had been doing earlier is also not a good idea. I know both Tim and Gar quite well, they are certainly not boy racers and stopped doing it when asked, will not do it again and were actually quite offended at being called morons, not the best way to promote the club.

As for the punto, you had competition in the form of barts mate in his modded green example :D

Nicely
19-04-2004, 11:29
Oi! Where's a picture of my Power Machine?!

I was there for ages :wack: so there's no excuse :whip:Think you must have turned up when I buggered off to Maccy Ds as I never saw you! :(

Jeff
19-04-2004, 12:00
Don't worry about it, guys. It's mine and Jeff's fault for not putting a stop to it earlier. We're all for having a bit of fun. We just don't want to upset the car park peeps as they accept us meeting there every month and we'd be stuffed without the venue.
Well said..... but I wasn't there when it happened :p

Another top meet :thumbs: A few people expressed an interest in having a May meet (despite Japfest) but I expect the turnout will be a bit smaller for that one?

fullmetalgasket
19-04-2004, 12:13
Think the engine revving subject best be dropped, as both sides are as guilty as each other so pointing fingers will only end in pointless arguments!

I think we all agree its best not to do it, and also victimising visitors for doing what several sx owners had been doing earlier is also not a good idea. I know both Tim and Gar quite well, they are certainly not boy racers and stopped doing it when asked, will not do it again and were actually quite offended at being called morons, not the best way to promote the club.

As for the punto, you had competition in the form of barts mate in his modded green example :D

Well said mate :thumbs: totally agree :nod:

And I didn't see you either Ripper :whip: So you can't have been there that long!

Pete C
19-04-2004, 16:56
Think the engine revving subject best be dropped...

I know both Tim and Gar quite well, they... ...were actually quite offended at being called morons, not the best way to promote the club

Agreed :)

And again sorry, calling them morons was way out of line - I accept my slap on the wrist gracefully :o

Nicely
19-04-2004, 17:05
And that's an end to the matter. :nod: :)

SMiFFAD
19-04-2004, 17:44
And all through the land there was peace :cool:

Good photos by the way Nicely, although could you take a photo of mine from bhind the pillar next time, several tonnes of concrete may hide it :D :smash:

I didnt see hide nor hair of ripper either :confused: have you perfected a punto cloaking device or something :wack:

Ripper
24-04-2004, 02:34
I didnt see hide nor hair of ripper either :confused: have you perfected a punto cloaking device or something :wack:

I'll have you know I was there for 6 whole minutes! :nod:

I dropped Mrs.Ripper off at Tescos on the M32, drove round to Longwell and then arrived back at Tescos 1 minute earlier than planned :thumbs: Timed my 6 mins at the meet to perfection :cool:

Jeff saw me and Barry J.Dart, too (who is ace because he sent me some technical stuff through the post cos he's a top bloke :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ). And a couple of other peeps had a quick word.

Also, it was my Daughter's first 200 meeting! :thumbs: Not bad for someone 19months old. The youngest EVER attendee at a 200 meet, perhaps?

She was asleep at the meet but when I asked her the reason for her lack of interest she said simply (and I quote :wack: ) "Dadda", followed closely by "bus", which is her 'in' word.

At least she appreciates RWD vehicles (unless they make FWD bused?) :smash:

Anyway, when things settle down a bit with my Mum-in-Law then I shall endeavour to attend.

PS My Punto DOES have a cloaking device but don't tell anyone because it's a secret ;)