PDA

View Full Version : Have got my EMPEG installed now

Cookie
18-03-2002, 21:30
I now have 30gb of mp3 storage in my car :D :D :D

And according to the info i found it should support upto 240GB (Small hanger load of songs)

tubstar
18-03-2002, 22:34
What one did you go for? How much if you don't mind me asking. I am interested in getting one coz me mate has about 130 cds full of mp3's. Reckon I could put them on it, select random play and never here the same song within a month or two of driving.

Cookie
19-03-2002, 12:03
30GB version.
If you know some one in the states about £315 pounds.

Else www.carplayer.com (http://www.carplayer.com) will ship to the uk i think price is $559.

they have some 10GB's but not much cheaper than buying the 30GB direct from Sonic Blue

Cambridge car audio have one for £600. (Expensive)

They are now very hard to get hold of so you better be quick....

andyf
27-03-2002, 22:45
EMPEG!!!
I know one of the had technical people there : )
Top ****!

Cookie
31-03-2002, 15:11
can you get discounts on accessories?

Cookie
11-12-2002, 14:53
I now have 2, to update this thread.

C.

Mannie
12-12-2002, 11:03
Very, very cool in-car MP3 player.

www.dension.com

Never read a bad review about it.

Will be getting one real soon.

Cookie
12-12-2002, 11:27
Yes i know of it and am not impressed.

It is a Neo clone and just does not compare to the empeg

Here is a comparison of the empeg and neo

http://www.mypocket.com/mobilematrix/index.php

Also search on www.empegbbs.com for it as there are quite a few threads on it.

Also their website is not uptodate ,read the faq for example.

And it uses a Normal IDE disk which has no built in shock protection. Empeg uses laptop disks(Shock protected) and can hold 2

C.

Mannie
12-12-2002, 11:36
Cookie

The mStation was a Neo clone not the Dension. mStation went bust earlier this year and had quite a bad reputation.

www.empegbbs.com is a web-site dedicated to people who own an Empeg so I guess they are going to back a piece of kit they paid loads for. According to empeg.com it is now discontinued anyway.

The Dension is actually made in Hugary but is available in quite a few places in the UK.

As for shock protection, if you are that bothered you can by the Dension without a hard drive and put your own in, but I have not heard any complaints on using a standard IDE drive and I have been following Dension on a number of forum recently

Each to their own I guess.

Steve