PDA

View Full Version : Sony head unit forgets itself

amcluesent
03-01-2002, 19:47
The last two mornings I've found that the time and all the presets in my Sony head unit have been erased. The s14a starts perfectly, so it's not the main battery that is flat. Could the cold be causing the memory to blank - I remember reading that stolen radios could be reset by putting them in a deep freeze overnight?

CS

David_S14
03-01-2002, 20:57
The constant 12v feed may be at fault. That will cause it to forget everything. Check the connections before anything else.

------------------
David
1995 S14
K&N 57i, HKS Front Pipe, HKS Hiper Muffler, HKS SQV BOV, HKS Fuel pump, HKS Iridium Plugs, AP Racing HD Clutch, Decat, Boost Upgrade, Blitz FATT-S, Racelogic Traction Control, KYB shocks & Eibach springs.

Ian D
04-01-2002, 21:51
on the sony the Permanent power, and the ignition power are the different way around to most other units, if you pull out the unit you should have two wires on bullet connectors, swap them around, or some thing like that! Is this a new head unit, or has it been in the car for a while. If it’s been in you car a while and this is a new problem, it will be the power wire going to the memory, is lose.
This is what it was with my sony, but I may be wrong