PDA

View Full Version : rear speakers

Andy Bird
19-11-2001, 07:38
i have clarion back speakers in my S14 are these standard, and would a descent pair of JBL's or Poineers etc be better, and how do i get em out?

sorry bout all the questions!

Asht_200
19-11-2001, 11:14
Originally posted by andy bird:
i have clarion back speakers in my S14 are these standard, and would a descent pair of JBL's or Poineers etc be better, and how do i get em out?

sorry bout all the questions!

Standard probably. Nissan have used Clarion for quite a while. Nissan badged stereos have been made by Clarion.

------------------
SE Exhaust
SE Filter
Ported Head
HKS Super Seq BOV
17" Momo Arrow
Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Infinity ICE

Next Mods
T28 Hybrid
Uprated Fuel Pump
Boost Upgrade

docwra
19-11-2001, 11:36
I had a bit of a look at getting them out, then decided it wasnt worth it, so left them in there
Blinking great holes in your parcel shelf is the answer matey http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/smile.gif

Diddn
19-11-2001, 13:11
Yep, Clarions are standard in the 200 from 1999 onwards.
The rear speakers are mounted from the top, so you have to remove the rear parcel shelf which has six panel clips holding it down.
The best way to remove the parcel shelf is to drop the rear seat back, then slide your hands underneath the front of the shelf. This should pop the first 2 clips off, then you can have a look underneath to see where the other clips are situated. Simply push your hands further toward the clips and lift when you are near them. If you lift too far from the clip, you're liable to bend the parcel shelf, and it will get un ugly crease.
Once the shelf if off, you can simply unscrew the speakers from the top.
It's probably a good idea to pop down to the nissan dealer and pick up a few extra panel clips, 'cause no matter how carful you are, at least one always breaks - wel in my experience anyway.

The speakers are 6.5 inches in diameter, so you have loads of replacements to choose from as every manufacturer will make a speaker in this size.

Hope this helps.

Didin

Andy Bird
19-11-2001, 16:27
thanks lads