PDA

View Full Version : Longwell - the march edition

SMiFFAD
27-02-2004, 08:33
I will endevor to get to this, and bring a couple of hanger onners along too :thumbs:

Saturday 13th March 2:00PM usual place ?

:Plug:

SMiFFAD
27-02-2004, 08:36
Gonna try and get this beasty to come along :thumbs:

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=803434

steveb
27-02-2004, 09:20
count me in, i will probably be gracing the meet with my rather pants rover which i crunched this morning in the snow, lol. the indicator has fallen off, lol :)

see you boys then

Steve

SMiFFAD
27-02-2004, 09:22
Originally posted by productionx
count me in, i will probably be gracing the meet with my rather pants rover which i crunched this morning in the snow, lol. the indicator has fallen off, lol :)

see you boys then

Steve

Think the rover apporved method of fixing would be sellotape wouldnt it :p

steveb
27-02-2004, 09:23
seeing as it cost me 150, i think sellotape is too good for it. but ive found some bluetack on the wall, so thats gonna have to hold it, lol

steve

JB
27-02-2004, 11:35
Will try to make the March one :thumbs:

TAC
27-02-2004, 12:25
IF the car is sorted by then, will try to make it :)

Jeff
27-02-2004, 13:39
I'm on me holidays (:D and :( at the same time)

Barryjdart
27-02-2004, 19:23
I'll be there. No more mods though. (Well perhaps a couple).

fullmetalgasket
27-02-2004, 19:50
I'll be there, I may even have gotten around to washing the car by then aswell...

I might hopefully have a few new thingys stuck to the car by then aswell.

Deacon
27-02-2004, 19:54
:thumbs:

Bart
27-02-2004, 19:57

Wots up with the car TAC???

RSendout
27-02-2004, 22:30
Should be there, as long as she doesn't go pop on the rollers.:D

Nicely
27-02-2004, 22:55

TAC
28-02-2004, 00:01
Originally posted by Bart

Wots up with the car TAC???

Errr it's quite poorly atm :cry:
Still got the mysterious misfire (or whatever) above about 8psi, and also the suspension has pretty much decided to give up the ghost :( Hoping to get the latter sorted in the next few weeks, will get the former sorted when I find someone who can tell me whats causing it!

disco-tom
28-02-2004, 20:13
I reckon there's a good chance of me attending. :thumbs:

Pete C
28-02-2004, 22:19
I'll be there, and I'll wash the car this time, honest! :smash:

jimboturbo
29-02-2004, 14:28
Not be able to make it this time boys - I'll be boarding...

sorry!

J

Dave_S14
06-03-2004, 22:15
Its been a while since I've been so I might make an appearance, so long as no-one minds me turning up on me gixxer, weather permitting that is :p

Dave.

Ripper
07-03-2004, 23:28
As usual I haven't got the foggiest if I can go or not.

If I can make it I will - I miss you all (everyone say 'aaahh'!) :D

Mum-in-Law is still in hospital after being run over on 19th December.

Bastards.

Nicely
12-03-2004, 12:26
Reminder time. :nod:

fullmetalgasket
12-03-2004, 17:13
Originally posted by Nicely
Reminder time. :nod:

Probably a good thing you did aswell :nod:
For some reason I was under the impression we'd had this months meet :wack:

I'll see you all tomorrow assuming I don't forget again! :smash:

(anyone fancy fitting my Walbro for me? :Plug: (Smiffad) :wave: )

Pete C
12-03-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by FullMet***asket

I could 'fit' it to the front of your car with zip ties if you like :wack:

Right, I would like everyone to be a witness to the fact that I just washed my car. :eek:

I don't have time to wash it tomorrow, I'm far too busy, so if it gets dirty between now and the meet (and it probably will), I'm sorry! :cry:

fullmetalgasket
12-03-2004, 17:55
Originally posted by Pete C
Right, I would like everyone to be a witness to the fact that I just washed my car. :eek:

I havn't, it's a filthy filthy car!:whip:

I've got plenty of zip ties pete, if thats all it takes then I'll have a go myself:thumbs:

Deacon
12-03-2004, 17:56
ill be there with a dirty dolly....will be doing alot of miles

wanna drool over some sx's :D

SMiFFAD
13-03-2004, 10:29
Ill be there, just washed me car and put me sill plates in :cool: now its raining :mad:

Nicely, ring me if you get this before the meet, just tried ringing you but no answer!

disco-tom
13-03-2004, 10:40
I'm coming this afternoon, too. If you see a green S14a looking lost driving round and round the carpark - it'll be me! :wack:

SMiFFAD
13-03-2004, 10:45
Originally posted by FullMet***asket
Probably a good thing you did aswell :nod:
For some reason I was under the impression we'd had this months meet :wack:

I'll see you all tomorrow assuming I don't forget again! :smash:

I would do mate, you know me always up for a challenge :D but having never done it and also having lots of cuts on my hands at the moment i dont think a petrol tank is the best place for em :wack:

*oooh ouch arrrrh feck*:smash: :clap:

fullmetalgasket
13-03-2004, 10:50
Never mind mate, although it could be quite funny to watch you try. :smash:

Nicely
13-03-2004, 11:01
Would be good to see if you make mistakes. :nod: I'll know how not to do it if I get one! :p

fullmetalgasket
13-03-2004, 11:03
Originally posted by Nicely
Would be good to see if you make mistakes. :nod:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SMiFFAD
13-03-2004, 11:07
Well ill bring me tool and i think i have some latex gloves too, although they will prolly get eaten :Wack:

see yall in a bit:p

(ooooooh 3000 posts :smash: :clap: )

fullmetalgasket
13-03-2004, 16:29
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
Well ill bring me tool.............. i have some latex gloves too, ............... prolly get eaten :wack:

:eek:
I don't wish to know that young man!

Good meet, even if we were a little under-maned today :nod:
I know what happened to Trace, so where was JB?:whip:
I wanted to show you my new under car neons mate :p

Deacon
13-03-2004, 16:39
teeheheeheheh

shall adam explain or me to the rest of the sxoc what happened ? :D

fullmetalgasket
13-03-2004, 16:48
I'm sure the two of you can decide ;)

TAC
13-03-2004, 17:09
Yeah, sorry guys :(

I got almost to Swindon then had to turn back :cry:

Doing 95-odd in the outside lane of the M4 in light drizzle, when the :censored: windscreen wipers packed up :mad: :annoyed:

Quite interesteing trying to get from there to the hard shoulder without any front visibility!

Dunno what happened, the passenger side wiper ended upon the drivers side and the driver's side wiper ended up hanging off the car :eek: Replaced them on the windscreen but couldn't get them to work again :( Phoned round everyone I know to find out where the fuse for the motor lived (why didn't anyone answer their phones this aft :annoyed: ) - eventually got answer and changed the fuse, but obviously the motor is buggered :cry:

Waited for the rain to stop them drove home again. Gutted I missed you all, was quite looking forward to seeing averyone again.

If anyone's going to TSC next week, I'll see you there :wave: :) (Will prolly travel in suffolk1's motor since mine is a little too sick to be convoying anywhere) If not, I'll see the rest of you guys next time I manage to make LG again :D

disco-tom
13-03-2004, 17:26
Sounds a bummer, Tac. :(

Would have been nice to meet you. It was nice to meet everyone else, but I still didn't get many names. Do'h.

I only just put a face Full Metal Gasket and I've met him a few times at the welsh meet. :wack:

Y'all were real nice guys, cheers. :)

Nicely
13-03-2004, 17:36
Quiet meet, but still a good laugh! Got a few interesting photos to follow. :D

Sorry to here about you luck Tracey :(

Think someone better mention the journey from Warminster! Isn't it always the way? Nearly killed by a nutter and you don't even notice... :rolleyes: :p :D

Photo of the day:

Deacon
13-03-2004, 17:50
ROTFOTTOTTFL :D:D:D:D

more more!!!

that was so funny thehehe :D

JB
13-03-2004, 19:31
Sad to have missed it but something came up at work :(

goldtooth
13-03-2004, 19:44
It was good being there today (that was me in the blue S13). Trouble is - now my son has seen modded SXs he's got lot's of ideas!!:thumbs:

Nicely
13-03-2004, 20:13
Originally posted by goldtooth
It was good being there today (that was me in the blue S13). Trouble is - now my son has seen modded SXs he's got lot's of ideas!!:thumbs: lol! Now don't be blaming your plans on your son! :D Always good to see new people. :thumbs:

SMiFFAD
14-03-2004, 11:43
Firstly apollogies for missing the S of toolS :o comedy typo :D

Right where to start witht he warminster/longwell story.....

Well we set of, nicely up front, then me in the two and deathstar behind in the dolly......pootling along, me and nicely gun it past a lorry and DS puts his foot down along the streight to catch us up...... get to corner, bloke stood on the bank on our side slowing people down and hoofing gurt john deer cutting the hedge on the other side, nicely breaks hard, i just about stop a good distance behind him bearing in mind its wet and i dont have ABS.... then i look in my mirros to see half a dolly.......wheres the other half?! answer - undertaking my up the bank with the bloke who was stood there jumping into the hedge!

Very well executed manover resulting in a swap in order of me and DS, with nicely missing the whole lot and just presumed he had over taken me at some point...... This wasnt really DS's fault i should point out, it was only luck that we all managed to stop without shunting each other and he hit a patch of water at an inopertune moment. I was in stiches for a few minuits after, was like a scene from "wacky racers" The bloke DS nearly ran over seemed un phazed by it all though, after scrambling back out of the hedge he continued waving down the traffic as if being nearly run over was a daily event :D

After that excitment it was a good meet, bit thin on the ground and we actually beat barry there :eek: some thing i have never managed before :D

Applogies for dumping a small quantity of oil on DS windscreen as i hoofed it past.... least i now know where its going!

See you all at the enxt one when ever it is, or possibly the haynes track day :cool:

JB
14-03-2004, 12:36
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
Firstly apollogies for missing the S of toolS :o comedy typo :D

Right where to start witht he warminster/longwell story.....

Well we set of, nicely up front, then me in the two and deathstar behind in the dolly......pootling along, me and nicely gun it past a lorry and DS puts his foot down along the streight to catch us up...... get to corner, bloke stood on the bank on our side slowing people down and hoofing gurt john deer cutting the hedge on the other side, nicely breaks hard, i just about stop a good distance behind him bearing in mind its wet and i dont have ABS.... then i look in my mirros to see half a dolly.......wheres the other half?! answer - undertaking my up the bank with the bloke who was stood there jumping into the hedge!

Very well executed manover resulting in a swap in order of me and DS, with nicely missing the whole lot and just presumed he had over taken me at some point...... This wasnt really DS's fault i should point out, it was only luck that we all managed to stop without shunting each other and he hit a patch of water at an inopertune moment. I was in stiches for a few minuits after, was like a scene from "wacky racers" The bloke DS nearly ran over seemed un phazed by it all though, after scrambling back out of the hedge he continued waving down the traffic as if being nearly run over was a daily event :D

After that excitment it was a good meet, bit thin on the ground and we actually beat barry there :eek: some thing i have never managed before :D

Applogies for dumping a small quantity of oil on DS windscreen as i hoofed it past.... least i now know where its going!

See you all at the enxt one when ever it is, or possibly the haynes track day :cool:
PML :D :D :D

Deathstar, you little tike :wack:

Ripper
14-03-2004, 14:19
Sorry I couldn't make it (again).

I almost made an impromtu visit in the Minty Monster but then plans changed again so it was a no-goer :(

Ah, well.

Look forward to seeing you all again in the Summer, perhaps.

Summer of 2005, probably.....:wave: :wack:

Deacon
14-03-2004, 15:44
LOL :D :D

christopher
15-03-2004, 13:57
All I can say is... Did anybody videotape this maneuver :D :D :D :D

James is one lucky bastard. The amount of times he's spun his car ****ing about with it on roundabouts in the snow and the rain, it's unbelievable :D :D

SMiFFAD
15-03-2004, 14:04
Originally posted by christopher
All I can say is... Did anybody videotape this maneuver :D :D :D :D

James is one lucky bastard. The amount of times he's spun his car ****ing about with it on roundabouts in the snow and the rain, it's unbelievable :D :D

Sadly not, think i was the only person to actually see it, nicely was totally oblivious to the whole thing, although the bloke on the bank got a closer view :D

Bart
15-03-2004, 19:37
Damn..........:mad: ...

There is always next month....

Nicely cheque is in the post!!!!:thumbs:

Nicely
17-03-2004, 07:12
My photos are now available here (http://www.jull.co.uk/meets/lg_032004.html). :thumbs:

SMiFFAD
17-03-2004, 07:55
im impressed, i turn up in a non turbo MR2 and still dont get the "gay car" award :D

:clap: deathwish, sorry star ;)

Deacon
17-03-2004, 08:20
:rolleyes:

class :D

good photos nicley

but a mr2 is far more gay than my car even with a baloon attached to my car :D

Nicely
17-03-2004, 12:25
Skipping with the balloon in your hand didn't help your case. :p