PDA

View Full Version : Dissapearing Boost and HKS exhausts

Dave_S14
10-08-2001, 00:51
Since having a boost upgrade fitted (uprated actuator, now @15psi) if I take it to the red line, I can feel the boost drop of alot and then I change gear and its like driving a non-turbo car, the turbo just aint working, then it will kick in after a short time. Any ideas as to what it is.
Also what is the hks super drager made off, in other words will it last a while. Hopefully you will tell me it is stainless steel.
Thanks

Dave.

Actual_Ben_Taylor
10-08-2001, 08:03
Sounds like boost drop off, cool the charge temp and it should be able to hold 15psi all the way.
HKS exhaust is aluminiumised steel with a stainless back box, should last for a good few years.

Ben

Dave_S14
16-08-2001, 21:00
Since fitting a boost gauge I have discovered that the boost sometimes reads 17psi. I checked by driving in forth which I beleive to be right, and it went up to 17psi. The lack in power occurs from about 6000rpm. Could it be the fuel cut thingy if it is going up to 17psi, when does that cut in? And should I turn the boost down to 15psi.
Hope someone can answer this cos it getting a bit annoying.

Cheers
Dave

Actual_Ben_Taylor
17-08-2001, 07:11
Apparently boost cut is at 19psi, so it won't be that (also you'd know if you hit the fuel cut as it isn't subtle!). If I were you I'd turn the boost down a bit so it peaks at 15psi instead of 17psi. Lots of the S13 guys have similar problems with the car not holding boost all the way through the revs, its mainly down to the poor intercooler.

------------------
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/pc1.gif
Black '98 S14