PDA

View Full Version : 200SX Virgin!!

Robster_S14
19-10-2001, 19:29
Hi guys, I hope you can help me. I'm pretty new to this 200SX lark - I've owned a 96N S14 for about a month now. I love the car to pieces and have already made a few choice mods. I bought a nice dump valve from Simon Norris and fitted a TIM boost gauge (nice and cheap!!) to keep an eye on boosty matters.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions I hope you can clear up for me:

1. Is the car fitted with a cambelt or a chain? No-one seems to be able to clear this up for me!

2. What would you recommend as an exhaust option? The Mongoose is the preferred choice but would that mean I failed the MOT without a cat? Also, I don't really fancy shelling out loads of ££££ for a Blitz or HKS jobby.

Any suggestions gratefully received, cheers.

------------------
Burgundy S14
ND Dump Valve, TIM boost gauge

David_S14
19-10-2001, 19:50
You have a chain not a belt.
I have a goose and it comes with a cat replacement pipe so come MOT time I fish the moggy out from under my bed and take it with me for the test. I garage swaps the CAT in, does the test and then swaps it out again http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/biggrin.gif
They only charge £10 for the swap on top of the MOT.
Halfords seems pretty popular for goose fitting (a few guys on the board have been there).Have a look at http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000449.html for some more info.

------------------
David
"Purplish Blue Pearl" 1995 S14
K&N,Mongoose,HKS Fuel pump, Blitz FATT-S,Racelogic Adj. Traction Control & Tree.

Robster_S14
19-10-2001, 21:10
Thanks alot for the info, I'm glad a cambelt is not another thing to worry about (my brother had one go on his old micra and he had to stick in a recon engine!).

I was also thinking about installing a turbo timer so I don't have to sit outside my house in the freezing cold. Someone told me though, that they don't like CAT 1 systems very much - is there any way around this??

Cheers.

David_S14
20-10-2001, 08:46
I have a Blitz FATT-S and it works OK but I usually get out, lock doors with key and leave it. Once the TT turns off the ignition the immob. kicks in after 20 sec but the alarm does not. I usually then unlock/lock with the fob from the front door later to set the alarm.
Search the forum for Turbo Timer as there have been a few threads in the past about it.

------------------
David
"Purplish Blue Pearl" 1995 S14
K&N,Mongoose,HKS Fuel pump, Blitz FATT-S,Racelogic Adj. Traction Control & Tree.