PDA

View Full Version : S14 Non Turbo?

Martin
18-10-2001, 08:28
Does anyone out there know if a non turbo S14 was produced. I know there were none for the Uk market, but did Nissan ever make one for other markets? Not that I want a non turbo one, what would be the point? I've just found someone who says they have got one for sale.If he doesn't konw a turbo when it's staring him in the face I thought I might get a good deal out of him!

Rossy
18-10-2001, 08:31
I've never heard of any Non-turbo S14's...sounds v strange!

JackaL
18-10-2001, 08:36
My sisters boyfriends friends dad (phew!) had an imported S14, and he reckoned it DIDN'T have a turbo...

Tom_S14
18-10-2001, 08:48
Are all the U.S market ones turbo charged ? Don't think they are.

Tom

Johnny
18-10-2001, 08:55
The USA have an s14 called a 240sx .. same shame but with a 2.4 ltr SR20DE normally asperated engine.

geoff_s14
18-10-2001, 09:18
The non turbo 2L s14 was produced for the Japanese home market, and is badged as a Silvia. Not many were imported into the UK for obvious reasons. THis car is not to be confused with the US 240sx, which, like Johnny says had a 2.4 engine robbed from a pick-up truck.

As far buying a NA s14 is concerned, I wouldn't be tempted. They do not come very well appointed (no ABS or airbags for instance) and curiously, were a bit of a mechanical hybrid with the s13. They have s13 rear axle (no LSD), brakes (smaller than the 'proper's14) and hubs (4 stud rather than 5, running the s13 alloys as standard).

Oh, and they are really slow. Insurance is only one group lower than a turbo, so there's no real saving to be had there either. Walk away.

------------------
Geoff
Emerald S14a, with God's Own Transmission.

http://www.animfactory.com/animations/transportation/cars/mirror_md_clr.gif

Papa Lazarou
18-10-2001, 17:51
Yep, Geoffs right.

Non turbo S14's were sold in Japan. They are called "Silvia Q's". To identify them without starting the engine look at the wheels - if they are four stud then they are a Q's. Very small numbers were imported so your chances of seeing one are slim.

For info the turbocharged ones in Japan are called "Silvia K's".