PDA

View Full Version : Could be worse I guess...

michaelj
30-06-2001, 17:01
So I'm cruising down my local dual carriageway at <strike>120</strike> 70, and all of a sudden the wind noise gets very much louder. I slow down. There's lots of horrid noise. Oh.

Even on the town roads limping back home, there's horrid noises, and I'm convinced the engine is shagged.

Luckily, I find out that all that happened, is the driver-side wheel-arch-lining came loose, got thoroughly shredded by the tyre, and is now composed of bits of noisy plastic/hardstuff rattling and catching everywhere...

So it could have been much worse. 2 questions remain now.

1) Does anyone know of a decent garage in the Plymouth (Devon) area - there's one main Nissan dealer, but I'm not sure if I want to use them.

2) Is there anything I can do in the meantime to stop it knackering anything else. I've folded the bits back, and it's fine for low speed, but I have quite a few trips planned this next week. I'm thinking of just removing it, but not sure if that's safe.

Thanks for any help.

Michael.

Actual_Ben_Taylor
01-07-2001, 15:55
Would you Adam and Eve it!

I just heard about this last week, apparently there is a known problem with the wheel arch liners coming loose at abound 130mph. You can take it back to the dealer and have replacements with different fastenings fitted under warranty. (don't know if this is the case for cars out of warranty, but its worth an ask)

Ben

------------------
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/pc1.gif
Black '98 S14