PDA

View Full Version : SW-CC Members Event(s).

Jezz_S13
18-10-2003, 20:24
So who of you lot are members of SW-CC?
They are planning some sort of members only events @ Llandow which sound pretty good fun & pretty cheap. :) :thumbs:

Check out this thread for full details;

http://web0.uh-hosting.co.uk/~sw-cc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11366

Members link...
http://web0.uh-hosting.co.uk/~sw-cc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11308

If you are not a member and would like to be you'd be wanting to read this...

http://web0.uh-hosting.co.uk/~sw-cc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6873

Cheers y'all. :)

Chris
18-10-2003, 21:20
saxo boy :p :p

bigtone
18-10-2003, 21:24
not jezz_S13 anymore
its jezz_scrabbley man

Jezz_S13
18-10-2003, 22:15
I was asked to post this as a few local lads with S13s have just joined SW-CC.

And i've edited the link to a non members page...

http://web0.uh-hosting.co.uk/~sw-cc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11366

beef@sw-cc.com
19-10-2003, 13:40
Originally posted by chris
saxo boy :p :p
Your loss mate. You could tar us all with same brush, or you could come and do some performance testing locally for a tenner, up to you :)

I'll be there in my 350bhp 'Saxo' GTi-R seeing what it can do, and there'll be a few other 'Saxos' doing 4 second 0-60s :) A fun afternoon on a runway with some timing gear - doesn't matter what car you drive.

Dai
19-10-2003, 13:51
Here we go............:rolleyes:

Buffy
19-10-2003, 14:35
i'm a member and that sounds like fun.

I'll be there:thumbs:

bigtone
19-10-2003, 15:16
Beef,
No one is tarring you with any brush Chris and I are just
having a laugh with jezz (that is still aloud isnt it)
There is no way Im joining another club any club,
so if you want us to come along then invite us, it might just work.

Di,
for god sake lighten up, you know Chris, so you should know
his sense of humor

not sure if i have ever met the 2 of you at any of the sxoc meets
or sw-cc r/r days, but I have spoken to a lot of ppl at these
meets and found them an ok bunch, and i would come to more
meets in the future.

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 16:42
Tone it is going to be SW-CC members only, there are stacks of people on SW-CC forums that aren't members that can't do this event, therefore why should it be any different for us? We are not that special.
I'm guessing it's also to do with event insurance.

Personally I'm well up for it, should be a good laugh for £10. :)

I desperately need to practice my launches (as do you tone :)) so the 0-60 thing would be ideal for that.
I'm also up for having a crack at some balls out handling on a course in prep for some trackdays.

I have spoken to Jez about this and he seemed quite interested.

You've met Buffy Tone, white S13 with 18's on it, was at the RR and at the last Cardiff services SXOC meet. I'm not sure if you've met beef., but I'm sure you'll know him when you see him. :)

Cars that i'm guessing are going to be there are
mine, buffy's and phill's 200, Beef's Norris special GTi-R, at least 3 Evo's, some Scoobs and then some scrabbly stuff, possibly an M3 (it's always good to beat and M3. ;))

When do you expect them to happen Beef?

Dai
19-10-2003, 16:50
Originally posted by bigtone
Beef,

Di,
for god sake lighten up, you know Chris, so you should know
his sense of humor

Its Dai actually, Toni:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

I wasn't having a go at chris, ,just the whole "my cars better than your car" way that this thread was starting to go, and beefs lack of observation that chris was taking the urine out of jezz, (who i also know.:) )

So, i might join the sw-cc and come along with my 395bhp S13.:thumbs: :thumbs:

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 16:56
you missed a decimal point Di. ;)

put it where you feel fit, as I'm generous I'll put it here for you 39.5bhp. ;):D

It's not anything to do with 'my car's better than yours'

i think the point beef was making was that SW-CC isn't all about shitty scrabble wagons, there are some shit hot cars lurking on SW-CC that would put a lot of SXOC to shame.

bigtone
19-10-2003, 16:56
Originally posted by Dai
my 395bhp S13.:thumbs: :thumbs:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

I'll come along if invited but Im not joining another club

Dai,
DOH!!!!!!;)

Dai
19-10-2003, 17:01
Originally posted by Jezz_S13
you missed a decimal point Di. ;)

put it where you feel fit, as I'm generous I'll put it here for you 39.5bhp. ;):D

It's not anything to do with 'my car's better than yours'

i think the point beef was making was that SW-CC isn't all about shitty scrabble wagons, there are some shit hot cars lurking on SW-CC that would put a lot of SXOC to shame.

Your a funny guy JP:thumbs:

OK, not a slagging thing, but 350bhp through the front wheels is going to be hard to put on the tarmac isnt it ?? I though that 200bhp was the most without lost of traction trickery, or have they got that as well ??

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 17:03
Why should you be invited? :confused:
It's only £10 to join, That's about 0.03% of your car cost.

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 17:05
Originally posted by Dai
Your a funny guy JP:thumbs:

OK, not a slagging thing, but 350bhp through the front wheels is going to be hard to put on the tarmac isnt it ?? I though that 200bhp was the most without lost of traction trickery, or have they got that as well ??

Nissan Sunny/Pulsar GTi-Rs are 4WD you muppet. LOL :D:D as are Evo's and Scoobies.
Be good to compare and look at some different machinery for a change rather than endless S13's.

Buffy
19-10-2003, 17:07
I originally joined just for the discounts which are available through the swcc with local car places. Saved myself £100 when I got my alarm fitted so I think that is quite good value for money.

Not as friendly/helpful as sxoc tho

bigtone
19-10-2003, 17:07
Why should you be invited? :confused:
It's only £10 to join, That's about 0.03% of your car cost.

£10 + £10 = £20 just to do a 0-60 run:eek:

Chris
19-10-2003, 17:10
beef , i am actually registered on swcc and the saxo boy comment was aimed at jez not saxo boys , i have also attended several of your events

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 17:13
£10 + £10 = £20 just to do a 0-60 run:eek:

That's lots of runs tone, and all the club discounts associated with the club and membership for a year.

How much did it cost you to go to santa pod to do your 2 runs?
£10 to get in, £12 runs, £40 juice?

beef@sw-cc.com
19-10-2003, 17:39
Sorry if I caused any trouble, but it does piss me off when our club is assumed to be full of kids in saxos doing burnouts, despite our best efforts to get some events off the ground in South Wales - but I understand you were joking :)

Its not like you will be paying £10 membership just to attend one event thoughTone. We will be holding a few of these over the next few months until the Showdowns start again in May. You'll also get discount at the Showdown and future SW-CC Rolling Road days together with a growing list of companies in South Wales.

I'm sure Trax charge like £7.50 a run at Silverstone with questionable gear.

There haven't been many 200s at previous 0-60 days, but those that did run more than held their own against the 4wd lot, which is always good to see - and at the end of the day its just a bit of fun :)

bigtone
19-10-2003, 17:44
ok ok Ill come, (as Jezz pointed out I need the practice)
can I join on the day?

Jez
19-10-2003, 17:51
I'll be there, probably. When is it?
£20 for a day out isn't bad at all :)

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 17:53
Aye the Trax gear is well suspect, I mean there is no way on earth phil got a 5.45 with that launch. LOL :D:D:D:D

The stuff that I assume is being used for the 0-60 is the stoopidly expensive and accurate 100htz GPS RaceLogic stuff isn't it?

Unfortunately Beef SW-CC's public face generally is kids in nasty Saxo's et-al doing burnouts etc, it's not until you make the effort to meet up with people and attend the RR days and other events etc that you see there are real enthusiasts with some pretty mental motors.

I got off my arse about this time last year to go to one of the RR days and i was welcomed by everyone I spoke to. even that cnut Phill.

Jez
19-10-2003, 18:03
I got off my arse about this time last year to go to one of the RR days and i was welcomed by everyone I spoke to. even that cnut Phill.

Yup me too :) - and I'm not a member yet.

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 18:06
Originally posted by Jez
Yup me too :) - and I'm not a member yet.

No I wasn't either, I joined at the Second RR I went to, thought it was only fair. :)

beef@sw-cc.com
19-10-2003, 18:27
The last 0-60 day attracted over 400 cars, but for these smaller scale meetings over the winter we need to know exactly how many are coming, as we may have to limit numbers. With this in mind we are unable to allow joining on the day sorry.

If you are interested, please apply asap to give us plenty of time to get the membership cards out to you. Application form here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/form.htm)

Please bear in mind that SW-CC was not established to compete with national make specific clubs such as this one. It was established to bring together modified car owners in South Wales no matter what they drive :)

Final date is TBA, but details will be posted up on the Members' thread that Jezz posted above asap.

p.s. If you do come, theres a certain green Evo 1 that needs teaching a lesson :D

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 18:34
Originally posted by beef@sw-cc.com

p.s. If you do come, theres a certain green Evo 1 that needs teaching a lesson :D

LOL, but he drives it like a pussy, do you suggest that one of us drives it like it's meant to be driven?

I think the Red Evo 8 might cause a few more problems.

Final date is TBA, but details will be posted up on the Members' thread that Jezz posted above asap.

I edited my post actually Beef, so this is the members link...

http://web0.uh-hosting.co.uk/~sw-cc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11308

beef@sw-cc.com
19-10-2003, 18:42
Going on previous results I'd still have my money on Nobby's Evo2 against the Evo8 in the 4wd class. It may be an FQ300 with 150bhp N20, but Nobby's evo had all sorts of goodies fitted before it came to the UK, and has been consistently in the 4s.

What are you hoping for jezz?

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 18:47

What are you hoping for jezz?

My car to be working would be good :)

Would be nice to break into 4's but have longer gearing than std, about 13% longer.

I really want practice at doing launches to set up my launch control and learn how to get the best from it.

Chris
19-10-2003, 18:49
My car to be working would be good :)

I really want practice at doing launches to set up my launch control and learn how to get the best from it.

M4;) :D

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 18:55
yeah but it's £4.40 a go innit. :D:D:D
and about 15miles back to the start line. :D

bigtone
19-10-2003, 18:57

If you are interested, please apply asap to give us plenty of time to get the membership cards out to you. Application form here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/form.htm)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 19:02
LOL that's gorn wrong innit.

here ya go...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/form.htm

beef@sw-cc.com
19-10-2003, 19:09
I'm lost now! If I click on Application form here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/form.htm) - it takes me to it??? :)

Chris
19-10-2003, 19:13
yeah but it's £4.40 a go innit. :D:D:D
and about 15miles back to the start line. :D

think it's 4.50 now , 9.00 for a van , shite really innit

Chris
19-10-2003, 19:22
I'm lost now! If I click on Application form here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/form.htm) - it takes me to it??? :)

yep takes me straight in too

Jezz_S13
19-10-2003, 19:29

that's because i edited mate. :):thumbs:

you had forgot to put the URL in, it was trying to go to http:// which is a bit vauge. :)

Phill
19-10-2003, 21:20
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I'm gonna get my paddle clutch in asap and get my NAWS fitted so i'm ready to try for inside the 5 second barrier - like beef said we've gotta show these 4x4 boys how its done!! :thumbs:

Buffy
20-10-2003, 17:58
hope its not raining then therwise it will be a lesson in drifting:nod:

Jezz_S13
20-10-2003, 21:14
Originally posted by Buffy

i might take an old set of wheels to do that anyway. :)

Phill
21-10-2003, 10:44

The beauty of it being members only is that we can rescedule the event due to weather at the drop of a hat if need be. Hopefully we will have weather like we're having at the moment though cos it would be spot on! :D

Phill
13-11-2003, 16:45
Just to let you knwo guys - this has been sceduled for December the 6th . . :cool:

Jezz_S13
13-11-2003, 17:04
Originally posted by Phill
Just to let you knwo guys - this has been sceduled for December the 6th . . :cool:

I thought that was a secret LOL.
I'm here that weekend. :D :D

Dai
13-11-2003, 17:42

Great, so what next?

Register with the sw-cc?? Will that guarantee some runs or is it pretty booked up ??

Dai

Jezz_S13
13-11-2003, 17:56
aye get registered.
you'll get runs, there are only about 200 members, and probably only about 40 of those will go.

bigtone
13-11-2003, 18:32
aye get registered.

with who:confused: :confused:

Jezz_S13
13-11-2003, 18:36
Erm...
you even quoted it up there...^^^^

bigtone
13-11-2003, 18:45
cant I just meet someone (from sw-cc) give them a tenner,
and job done:confused:

Jezz_S13
13-11-2003, 18:49
Dunno, send an email to beef and ask him.

beef@sw-cc.com

bigtone
13-11-2003, 18:55
Dunno, send an email to beef and ask him.

beef@sw-cc.com
what about Phill

Jezz_S13
13-11-2003, 19:04
ask him but beef and sullie do all the memberships.

Buffy
13-11-2003, 19:23
excellent. I'll definately be there:thumbs:

Dai
13-11-2003, 22:10
aye get registered.
you'll get runs, there are only about 200 members, and probably only about 40 of those will go.

All done. Printed form, wrote cheque, will post tomorrow.

:thumbs:

Phill
14-11-2003, 09:33
I'll meet you somewhere if you like tone - I do all the accounts for the site so i'm the one who has to put the dosh in the bank.

If you do want to go I suggest you make sure you get it done asap as we're looking at limiting the numbers to 50. That way everyone will have a good chance of getting several run's in. :cool:

Plus we're trying to sort out light beam timing gear so that we can get the que moving nice and quick, plus we can use the in-car stuff for the hangling course to get some figures like cornering g force etc. :thumbs:

Dai
14-11-2003, 10:14
HI Phill,
do i have to put my name down or something ??

Have sent the cheque for membership and the form (today) to the address in Skewen.

cheers

Dai:thumbs:

Phill
14-11-2003, 11:14
I'll add you to any list as soon as it goes up mate . . :thumbs:

That address is my lock-up, i'll get the form soon. :nod:

bigtone
14-11-2003, 14:23
I'll meet you somewhere if you like tone

when you next in or near Cardiff mate?

Phill
14-11-2003, 15:52
I work in Bridgend every week day - i'm going to the bike show on suday so could come back past cardiff if you like - pm me your mobily number or something . . or I could get one of our cardiff possie to collect it off you?? :thumbs:

bigtone
15-11-2003, 18:39
i'm going to the bike show on suday so could come back past cardiff if you like

where and when mate:thumbs:

Phill
17-11-2003, 08:58
Feck sorry buddy! I forgot.

It would be easier if you could stick it in the post. Not sure when i'm passing Cardiff next . .

Sorry. :cry:

Dai
17-11-2003, 10:37
I'll add you to any list as soon as it goes up mate . . :thumbs:

That address is my lock-up, i'll get the form soon. :nod:

So, is that the right address then Phill, cause thats the one on the form ??

Have you got it yet;) ;)

Phill
17-11-2003, 12:36
Yeah came through on Sat in an A5 sized white envalope.

Sorted - should have your pack within about 10 days. :thumbs:

Dai
17-11-2003, 13:37
Top draw..........

Thanks Phill.:thumbs: :thumbs:

Phill
23-11-2003, 11:26
O.k guys the event is on December the 6th - it's a Saturday. We had to book the whole piece of land for the full day so i'm affraid if we want to keep it to a limited amount of 50 people then it's gonna have to be £15 for the day. The good thing is though if there are only 50 cars running then everyone should be able to have pleanty of run's at everything.

Once it quietens down in the evening I was hopeing we could set up a bit of a drift course out of the handling one - that way we could have a bit of extra fun at the end of the day.

I'll be there setting up from first thing at around 7.30am and will be there until we finish . .

Let me know if you want to join in on this guy's as it really would make another fun day out for the local 200 boys.

Chris
23-11-2003, 11:41
can i come to spectate ?

Phill
23-11-2003, 11:47
You need to be jumping in with someone who is running mate. Cos we want to maximise the use of the space we hace we don't want loads of cars parked up in the way . .

Anyone can spectate as long as they get a lift in with someone . . even if they have to park somewhere closeish and have a lift in . .

Chris
23-11-2003, 11:48
:thumbs:

Buffy
23-11-2003, 12:15
I'll be going. Where do I send the cheque or can I do a bank transfer to somebody?

Want a lift Chris?

Chris
23-11-2003, 12:23

Want a lift Chris?
maybe, need to try to book the day off first coz it's a saturday innit

bigtone
23-11-2003, 12:40
WELL FANCY THAT,
the clubs Welsh rep may not be there,
Shame on you

4x4
27-11-2003, 20:35
eek: :eek: :eek: :eek WOW!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek

That's a clean looking car, bigtone!!!!

did it take you a long time do do that, or was it professionally done????

Mine could do with a bit of spit and polish, especially with all the sh!t on the rd

:D

bigtone
27-11-2003, 20:48
Originally posted by 4x4
eek: :eek: :eek: :eek WOW!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek

That's a clean looking car, bigtone!!!!

did it take you a long time do do that, or was it professionally done????

nah, didnt take me long, I conned a mate to do it for me,
only cost me a bottle of stella :D :D

oh, welcome to the board mate :wave: :wave:

4x4
27-11-2003, 21:42
nah, didnt take me long, I conned a mate to do it for me,
only cost me a bottle of stella :D :D

oh, welcome to the board mate :wave: :wave:

MUST have been a GOOD freind to have helped you make your car look that GOOD!!!!

And you say you 'conned' him...................

Well! Well! Well!

That is not only 3 holes in the ground with water in, but a very poor way to treat a freind!!!!

Wouldn't you say!!!!!

Hands up those who agree with me???

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Chris
27-11-2003, 21:50
WELL FANCY THAT,
the clubs Welsh rep may not be there,
Shame on you

at a non club event :confused: why should i be :confused:

where you from then 4x4 ?

4x4
27-11-2003, 22:45

where you from then 4x4 ?

'arf way between you and bigtone:thumbs:

bigtone
28-11-2003, 14:28

to promote the SXOC :rolleyes: (dumb arse)

Dai
28-11-2003, 15:09
Phil, has Jezz given you my £15 and therefore go tme on the list????????

Have you done my membership pack ??

Thanks

Dai

Jezz_S13
28-11-2003, 15:22
Originally posted by Dai
Phil, has Jezz given you my £15 and therefore go tme on the list????????

Have you done my membership pack ??

Thanks

Dai

no I haven't
doens't look like it's happening. :(
Phil can explain.

Dai
28-11-2003, 17:47
Ok matey:( :( :(

Good news though, defo moving, and drive and garage no.1 on the list of priorities:thumbs: :thumbs:

Jezz_S13
28-11-2003, 17:53
excellent. :):thumbs:

The whatsit day is the same old same old, every one says they'll do it, comes to the crunch and no fcuker wants to anymore. :mad:
Exactly the same as the track day they tried to organise.

Track day I can kinda understand cos there's insurance, more expensive, a bigger risk etc, tyres & brakes take a hammering etc.

But this is only £15 and more a play and a get together.
I feel for Ceri, Beef and Phil ( and any other organisers) cos it makes them look bad.

it's odd cos the RR days cost basically the same and everyone goes to them. :confused:

when you get your membership activated you can read the threads and the plans they have.

Buffy
28-11-2003, 17:56
not to sure about giving them cash and waiting to see what they come up with:no:

VIDAL BABBOON
28-11-2003, 18:51
Hi Jezz and all you other peeps.

Fist things first Please do not shoot the messenger!!!

Well i will tell you all what the situation is, Basicaly we had a list of 40+cars that wanted us to organise this event.
We gave the date and started taking money BUT as im sure happens everywhere the money was so slow comming in that we have at the moment posponed the event.

This event is going ahead and that is a promise but we will now be taking money's first then arranging a date that suits everyone.

I am realy sorry to disapoint you all like this but these thing's do happen and i for one am pissed as it took a load of time and planning to sort the venue for this meet and organise voulenteers,timing gear ect ect

Very sorry again guys.

Nick

Buffy
28-11-2003, 18:54
when is the event likely to take place? what type of event will it be?

VIDAL BABBOON
28-11-2003, 19:04
The next event will be the same mate 0-60 runs and handling course restricted numbers and members only.

And bear with me as i am waiting for more info on the proposed date.

Sorry guys !!

Nick J

Dai
28-11-2003, 19:23
Yeah, it must be a hassle.

Only thing though, i've been trying to pay for a good few weeks but no one wants my money:cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, defo up for it when you sort.

Dai

VIDAL BABBOON
28-11-2003, 20:22
It is posible to pay via the web if you are that way inclined m8

Click here to pay online (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.crosland/swcruise/eventbuy.htm)

Oh and it's the action day we are talking about not the track day unless you fancy both ??

Nick