PDA

View Full Version : HKS turbotimer

teamcapsule
19-08-2001, 07:46
I recently bought an HKS turbotimer without the harness. Now does anyone have english installation instructions for it? Or can anyone explain to me how to install it?

Oh and they also told me to attach it to the handbrake cable... for some reason... why is that?

Stevecarter200
19-08-2001, 08:50
I cant help with the fitting instructions but the wire that goes to the handbrake switch is an anti-theft precaution. Basically, if the car is timing out and you let the handbrake off, the TT wil cut out, stopping some light fingered b@stard driving off in your car.
If you dont want to use the handbrake switch the wire must be attached to an earth.

Steve.

P.S.You should have bought the harness. It only costs £15 or so and makes the job twenty times easier.

teamcapsule
19-08-2001, 22:08
ohh ic ic, thanks!

I'm getting my mate to bring me a harness back from Hong Kong... so I'll be getting it in two weeks time... wohoo!

Papa Lazarou
20-08-2001, 01:43
Its probably been asked before but on the anti-theft point, does anyone know how well these things work with a Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser? Also, do insurance co's generally allow you to fit turbo timers? I would imagine from their point of view a TT would be a big risk.

Chimp
20-08-2001, 11:48
im not sure but i think Cat1 and TT's dont mix very well. I think the Cat1 gets confused over why the car is still running and has a panic attack or something. I know Cat2's are fine though.