PDA

View Full Version : HELP - I Need Paint!!

JPold
26-10-2001, 16:14
Your not gonna belive Nissan UK!
Just been on the phone to customer services to try and get some touch up paint for my S14 and they dont make it any more.
I need 2 spray cans of FN2 (Marin Blue Pearlesent) instead of the touch up sticks for my front bumper and it seems that since they officailly stopped making the S14a, they have also removed the stock for this colour, except touch up pens.

It seems that, quote "Nissan only sold 5646 200SX S14/S14a's in the UK since 1994", which i found staggering! which is the reason they've pulled the plug on our beloved S14's.

If anyone knows where I can get any of this stuff, or you happen to have bought a case by mistake (as if that's gonna happen, but hey I can only ask!!),
give me a shout,

Cheers
JP

Don_200SX
26-10-2001, 20:22
have you tried asking them to source it from nissan(a.n.other country) dont mean to teach you to suck eggs, just an idea...i have the same colour so let me know if u have any luck for future reference,ta! good luck...

RichardM
26-10-2001, 22:39
Your local car paint supply company will knock you up an aerosol.
It is even quite likely to match.
Not an expensive alternative 400-500ml @around £10

Tom_S14
26-10-2001, 22:49
you could always get whatever it is you need spraying you could get done by a paintshop place.... they must be pretty good at matching up colours. If they get it wrong, refuse to pay. Power to the people, I get all left-wing after a couple of pints, excuse my proactive stance.

Tom

JPold
29-10-2001, 11:42
Thanks all, got 2 touch up sticks instead and sprayed the colour coded bottom 2 inches (the bit that's usally rubber on later S14's) matt black.
It was about 40% chipped and looked hideous!needs another layer of paint and the other chips i'm working on so should be looking ok soon, i do have a nasty scratch down one side which i'll get a body shop to look at,

cheers,
JP