PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Judder on first start up

AndyD
19-09-2001, 14:33
How many other people suffer clutch judder upon initially moving off when the car has been standing for a while ?

Again this has always happened from new, only 15k on the clock, the Nissan dealer couldn't find it....er...no comment !

------------------
Andy
Red Y2K 'W' plate S14

Rossy
19-09-2001, 14:59
This is common on the S14, you are certainly not the only one who has it.

There has been a few posts previously but I dont think the problem was ever worked out.

I get it every now and again when moving away from startup..just need to give it a few more revs (around 2000rpm), not ideal when cold but if you keep it below 3000 yuo should be fine and this will eliminate the judder.

Annoying I know, but no cars perfect (although the S14's pretty close)...haha

davehill
19-09-2001, 17:14
I've also had a noise develop from start up... on my W reg S14. Took the car back to the dealer last week and he suggested it was due to a cracked heat shield. Previously I thought that the noise was either from the starter motor, clutch plate or a slipping timing belt. At least the damage is minor and has not effected the performance or long term reliability of my motor.

Diddn
20-09-2001, 08:03
I sometimes get a little clutch judder on initial start ups on wet/damp days. Probably just damp clutch plate from humidity or something, usual OK within minutes of driving after the plate has dried off.

dave mca
20-09-2001, 20:38
I have it too.
Only when driving from cold.
i.e
In morning r/turning out of my road it`ll do it. And i find i need to raise the revs until it`s warmed up. Then it`s fine for rest of day.

goosegog
20-09-2001, 21:37
I cured mine by fitting a quality Japanese pattern part and greasing the spigot bearing and splines.

Perhaps Nissan use a funny compound in the centre plates

Ferg

------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOOSEGOG - Daily Updated Webcam!
Car Stuff - Internet Radio - Links - Photos
ICQ" TARGET=_blank>www.goosegog.com
ICQ</A> : 53955601