PDA

View Full Version : HKS power flow filter

teamcapsule
11-08-2001, 03:12
Yesterday I bought an HKS cone filter for my s14. Now it only consists of the cone, a few screws. No piping or rubber connection bits. Did I get cheated?

Has anyone got a pic of their HKS power flow kit for their s14?

Actual_Ben_Taylor
12-08-2001, 11:41
Hmm, not sure about this one. Did it come with fitting instructions? I presume they'll be in Japanese, but check the pictures and see if any parts are missing. I don't think the kit comes with any metal fixings, just a big brackety thing to hold the pod in place.

teamcapsule
15-08-2001, 22:23
ok, so I installed the HKS powerflow filter and it seems to fit. Only problem is, I don't really hear it, no growling noise such as in my mate's Honda 1.5 Lsi Vtec (same filter).

Oh and I also fitted my HKS BOV today, sounds nice, wanted to race an MX5, but he got scared after hearing the BOV hee hee hee

Atomicboy
11-09-2001, 23:11
This reply is a bit late & perhaps no-one will see it. Anyway I have a HKS super power flow - not sure if that's the filter you're on about.

Mine looks like a giant green mushroom - this connects via a short length of rubber tube to a metal flange (supplied) which bolts straight onto the AFM.

Bye.

Atomicboy
11-09-2001, 23:13
Forgot to mention - mine makes quite a nice roar/sucky noise as I accelerate, but it's not as noticable under hard accel.

teamcapsule
12-09-2001, 20:37
Well, I've seen the HKS kits that you guys got and it's different from mine.

Here's mine:

<center>
http://users.pandora.be/zreau/AA/filter.jpg </center>

The filter is screwed onto the AFM and it's an exact fit... No roar, but some kind of hissing noise while accelerating...

[This message has been edited by teamcapsule (edited 12-09-2001).]

Atomicboy
13-09-2001, 22:22
Funny - it's just like mine except mine came with the extra length of tubing and a flange. I paid around £155 for mine from TDI - it came boxed with full instructions (in jap) and parts. What kind of proce did you pay?

teamcapsule
14-09-2001, 08:55
Hi there, I bought mine in HK and it cost me around £70. The thing is, it didn't come with the extra tubing etc., but it is an exact fit for the S14's AFM.

And the newer SUPER Power Flow filters from HKS also don't have the extra tubing. They too, bolt straight onto the AFM.

Maybe it's some new kind of way to reduce the prices?