PDA

View Full Version : Brake wearing in

andyf
04-07-2001, 07:17
Lo and all, have now got the discs + pads fitted to the front of the car. Done 74 miles now since having them fitted and the brake pedal feeling is slowly returning. I've been careful not to use the brakes a lot / heavily so hopefully I'm on track to wearing them in more succesfully than I ever did on the Micra.

However, the 500 miles I have to drive before they are ready for some normal usage - is this 500 miles driven with minor braking every now and then, like driving around town, stopping at lights, or is it just the driving itself? I assume driving up and down the M6 wouldn't be the best way to wear these in. Looks like I should scrap swimming at the gym for a bit and just drive my car around instead!

BTW Matt_S - I think I'm gonna get some new discs for the rear at some point as there is a tiny bit of squeeling coming from the passenger side rear. What pads should I use on these, normal ones or green stuff as well?

Oh dear, 8:20 and the boss is looming.. see you all later.

------------------
Graphite Grey S13
HKS Hiper Muffler / KYB Shocks / ChassisDyamics Springs - w00t, what a drift!

olly200sx
04-07-2001, 09:16
yes you need to use them lightly, but I would say more like for the first 100 miles and this will wear them in so they won't warp as they prone to do on these motors and will last a long time. Obviously going up the motorway isn't going to help as your not really using them.

------------------
S13 - Lots of Mods

Matt_S
05-07-2001, 07:30
Andy,
Sorry mate, EBC dont do the Greenstuff for the rears. Only list Blackstuff (Normal).
They do the rear discs though.

Give me a shout and I'll sort you out (hehe that rhymes!)

Matt