PDA

View Full Version : Oil pump / flywheel

Chimp
01-07-2001, 21:15
With me splitting my new engine down, I want to replace the oil pump. Are these expensive and does anyone know if there are uprated ones available? If they are mega-bucks I will prolly leave it, im sure the original one is fine. It would just be nice for peace of mind while its all split and easy to get at.

Also, if anyone has had a refaced / lightened flywheel it would be neat to get the techy info on it, I may aswell do that for the sake of £30 for the work, all I need to know is how much gets shaved from where.

Ta, Dan.

Jezz_S13
02-07-2001, 09:23
Dunno much about flywheel, infact don't really know much about oil pump either, but I'm pretty sure the pressure is regulated (like fuel) so it wont make any different if it is uprated.

Anyway, what you doing with you old engine & where did you get your new one?

Jezz.

Chimp
02-07-2001, 10:57
hhee.. cheers jez. http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/tongue.gif

old engine will prolly be sold on, as it is, or rebuilt depending on whether i can be arsed.

Jezz_S13
02-07-2001, 11:01
How much do you want for it, and how shagged is it? Is your old turbo fixable?

Jezz.

Chimp
02-07-2001, 14:12
the turbo is as dead as they get, the cartridge is dead. It would be cheaper and much more satisfying to get a T3 bolted on than fix a bust T25. I will be doing it as soo as cash allows. Alternatively, hassle some breakers, I got my replacement T25 for 80 quid and its a corker.