PDA

View Full Version : Don't be thick like me

Danny
01-07-2001, 04:14
Hi guys, just done something really thick,
went cruising just now and before anything happened, i tried to do a burnout... guess what happened... think i burnt out the clutch or something but not sure though.
can someone tell me what it actually is, if its the clutch then hows the AP paddle clutch from ND, maybe its the gearbox (pray its not), for those of you who are trying to guess, the wheels did not actually spin, the engine just revved up and then i smelt burning, after that the clutch was slipping a lot for about 2 miles then it just went and it couldn't move at all.
someone please help

cheers

Paul_S13
01-07-2001, 08:23
Sorry mate youv'e murdered your clutch, how much power has you car got?

If you have less than 240bhp then it might not be worth getting an AP unit because its like an on/off switch compared to the standard unit.

Danny
01-07-2001, 11:16
Damn, gotta get a new clutch,
anyone know anywhere that sells other performance clutches thats as smooth as the standard one?
does that mean i have to get a standard clutch again Paul.
well thanks for your help anyway

cheers

Danny
01-07-2001, 11:19
By the way, only got about 190 - 200 bhp.
need much more

Paul_S13
01-07-2001, 11:44
I've got 235bhp and my stanard clutch is fine, but I have heard that the Centreforce clutch has a good feel to it.

------------------
Black S13
235Bhp @ 5600rpm

Noise @ any rpm 400Db

Stevecarter200
01-07-2001, 12:25
Ive heard mixed opinions on the Centerforce clutch. John from Grasshopper Motorsport (big on the 300zx site) reckons theyre top stuff but I met a guy at Santa Pod with a 200bhp Cherry Turbo who tried one after about 3 other clutches that couldnt handle the power, and he didnt think muh of them. His was still slipping, althogh he did think that this may be down to the small diameter of the Cherry clutch.
Strangely enough, my car is pushing about 280 bhp at the flywheel and Im still on the standard clutch which is coping fine. But how long this will last is anyones guess.
As for the Centreforce, the only place I know of in the UK that sells them is TDi complete with their normal excessive price hike. I believe the 240sx clutch is the same item (anyone else?) so buying one from the states could be an idea.

------------------
Steve
Blue '89 S13, T28,
HKS IC, Mongoose,
Pipercross. 280ish bhp,
13.77s @103mph Qutr :D