PDA

View Full Version : S13 Rear subframe bushes

Mannie
21-06-2001, 16:48
I bought a set of NISMO replacement rear subframe bushes from Simon Norris a couple of months ago and haven't had them fitted as I'm in 2 minds whether to do them myself or pay someone with less common sense but with a big hammer (that's a mechanic by the way!).

Has anyone done this job themselves. The fitting instructions that Simon sends with them mention "burn, cut, enlarge, weld etc". I can do all of this but don't know if its worth the hassle.

Any advice would be apprceiated.

SteveSadler
21-06-2001, 17:11
was wondering if you'd post anything Steve.

i'll give u a hand as u know (thats if u can find someone with a Pit or a Ramp etc)

------------------
Bayside Blue S13.
Janspeed&D-Cat Pipe/Pace FMIC/BMC F1 Filter/Standard T25 @ 15psi
15.4 @ 98mph - North Wield Air Strip
Flywheel Figure 213bhp/209Ib ft @ 5375RPM
Power at the Wheels 166bhp
(as of 15/6/01 @ Power & Engineering)

Paul_S13
21-06-2001, 17:43
I wouldn't do it myself (and I've done everything myself so far...removed gearbox, turbo, waterpump. etc. etc.) They look similar to the rear subframe bushes on my old Bimma, I had to pay someone to do it because you need a special tool or a hydralic press to get 'em in, I think.

------------------
Black S13
Off to Power Engineering on the 28th

Kristian
22-06-2001, 09:40
I have just ordered the nismo bushes. I'm going to do it myself. if you've done the rest you can do this. Hiteq said they can be a bit stubborn to remove but thats your only hassle. Think how much you'll save. Hiteq said it might take up to twelve hours because of rusted bolts etc and that would cost £450!!! Now i dont know about you but i havent got that much money burning a whole in my wallet!! I'll be doing them in the next two weeks so if you want to wait to see how i get on then just wait and i'll let you know. cheers

kris

Originally posted by paul_s13:
I wouldn't do it myself (and I've done everything myself so far...removed gearbox, turbo, waterpump. etc. etc.) They look similar to the rear subframe bushes on my old Bimma, I had to pay someone to do it because you need a special tool or a hydralic press to get 'em in, I think.

Mannie
22-06-2001, 09:49
Cheers Kris. Let me know how it goes. I would like to do it myself just out of curiosity.

Nathan_200sx
22-06-2001, 13:06
Strange, 12 hours theyre having you on, norris took 2-3 hours. there was alot of banging and clattering though. I sugest you get it sorted pretty quick, as when your bushes go on the front of the subframe It places more stress on the rears which usualy dont do anything. according to Simon these are a real bitch to fit.
When they 1st went I toyed with the idea of getting a local garage to fit them. they had it up on the ramp and I could tell that they realy didnt want to do the job, and they even admitted that they didnt have the right gear to do the job anyway. (an honest garage)

------------------
Nathan
Red S13 Mongoose, K&N T3 280ish BHP http://mysmilies.com/smilies/cwm30.gif
Empty bank account

Thuvir
22-06-2001, 22:20
Just replaced my rear sub-frame bushes along with the front disks, springs and shocks.

The 'local garage' had to burn out the original bushes, which although completely sh*ged refused to come out.

Admittedly they knew bugger all about 200sx's before they started, but they knew a lot more when they finished, apparently the mechanics were almost fighting amongst themselves as to who worked on the Nissan !

Mannie
04-07-2001, 11:59
Kristian,
Did you get a chance to fit your bushes. I was thinking about giving it a go this weekend. At least if I get the drivers side one done (the one that always goes first apparently) I'll be a little happier as it is banging away all the time now (oh err!)

Fancy giving me a hand Steve?

SteveSadler
04-07-2001, 21:51
no worries mate. there's a first time for everything.

------------------
Bayside Blue S13.
Janspeed&D-Cat Pipe/Pace FMIC/BMC F1 Filter/Standard T25 @ 15psi
15.4 @ 98mph - North Wield Air Strip
Flywheel Figure 213bhp/209Ib ft @ 5375RPM
Power at the Wheels 166bhp
(as of 15/6/01 @ Power & Engineering)

Kristian
05-07-2001, 15:22
sorry mate i havent recieved them. think they must be coming from japan via australia and then the north pole or something!!!!!

Originally posted by Mannie:
Kristian,
Did you get a chance to fit your bushes. I was thinking about giving it a go this weekend. At least if I get the drivers side one done (the one that always goes first apparently) I'll be a little happier as it is banging away all the time now (oh err!)

Fancy giving me a hand Steve?