PDA

View Full Version : work needed

dan_blu
14-09-2003, 14:35
hi guys, does anyone know where i can get some work done on my 200sx around the cardiff area ??

Dai
14-09-2003, 16:05
What sort of work ???

Bodywork, engine etc.

Chris might be able to help you.

:thumbs:

dan_blu
14-09-2003, 16:09
well to be honest i really aint sure what needs doing, i have had this car of my uncle in cornwall, he blew the engine up on it and imported 1 from japan, but in the mean time he bought the new shape one 200sx. so it has a brand new engine in it, but the body work is a bit dodgey i think, so what i need is someone to have4 a good look at it and give me a price on whats needs doin and will it be worth it??

Dai
14-09-2003, 16:41
Originally posted by dan_blu
well to be honest i really aint sure what needs doing, i have had this car of my uncle in cornwall, he blew the engine up on it and imported 1 from japan, but in the mean time he bought the new shape one 200sx. so it has a brand new engine in it, but the body work is a bit dodgey i think, so what i need is someone to have4 a good look at it and give me a price on whats needs doin and will it be worth it??

Chris (Merthyr) is an MOT tester so might be able to give you a pre MOT or something, or even just a quick look at it.

What reg is it ???

dan_blu
14-09-2003, 17:21
it is on a G reg, it would be a shame to ger rid of it. but dont really want to waste money. have you got his number or something ?
:)

Dai
14-09-2003, 20:46
pm him.

he's area rep here for Wales.

:thumbs:

TANNERS
04-10-2003, 07:34
AB STYLING FOR THE BODY WORK SPEAK TO ROB 01443 843132

V-SPEC PERFORMANCE FOR ANY ENGINE / STYLING
01443 491888 THEY LOVE 200D'S
WWW.V-SPECPERFORMANCE.CO.UK

BOTH IN PONTYPRIDD

DON'T BIN IT A 200 IS ALWAYS WORTH IT:thumbs:

Chris
04-10-2003, 22:08
ab styling

:eek:

TANNERS
05-10-2003, 11:06
i know but they know a good sprayer :nod: and your alright as long as you don't deal with wayne:annoyed:

Wookie
06-10-2003, 14:11
Hi,

Has anybody used this V-Spec for any mechanical work. I am looking for somewhere to replace my manifold to turbo gasket and change the std manifold for a s/steel item.

If they are no good, Anybody interested in earing a few quid????:D :D

I know it's not a very difficult job but I have very little patience and normally revert to the old hammer:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
to fix things.

Richard

dan_blu
06-10-2003, 15:05
well put it this way i took my s13 to v spec today for them to tune it at 11'oclock and they stared doing this to it by messing with the ecu then as if by magic.......it wouldnt start !!! 3'oclock i was still there and so was my car, i have to leave it there over night for them to do. so from a running car that need a tune to not starting at all and waiting around for 4 hours..... make your own conclusions mate !!

but i certainly wont be going back there !!!!:annoyed: :censored: :o

Wookie
06-10-2003, 15:14
Ahhh. So it's that type of place.

I bet there was a couple dozen Corsa's and 106's with massive bonnet scoops parked outside aswell:p :p :D :D

Let us know how it goes with the car.

Richard:thumbs: :thumbs:

TANNERS
07-10-2003, 07:28
that's noy good i've had a service,springs,chip,fmic and a t28 fitted and im having a de -cat on wednesday;)

i found the service outstanding , but people have off days

dan_blu
07-10-2003, 09:15
ok maybe i was a bit hasty in judging V-SPEC yesterday they really are genuine enough and know what they are doing:thumbs: it seem that some cowboy has messed around with the wiring before i had the car and i live touched the ECU and blew it, but lee (the owner) is going to fix it and he was genuine enough with what he said !!

cheerrs lee !!!:thumbs: :thumbs: ;)

Wookie
07-10-2003, 09:44
Tanners,

If you don't mind me asking, what are their rates like per hour or do they give you a fixed price for the work.

Where are they based, tried their website but there's just a Cardiff telephone number listed there.

May pop down on the weekend and take a look as no garage will touch my car where I live or those who will I wouldn't trust.

Richard:thumbs: :thumbs:

TANNERS
07-10-2003, 11:10
the rates are good usually gives a fixed price and has a look over the car and offers advice and tips wich for me have been spot on
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

it's definetly worth a look, do you know pontypridd at all ????

their number 01443 49188

address unit c , maritime industrial estate, pontypridd,

TANNERS
07-10-2003, 11:18
hope that helps post if you go down i'll come an have a look at those 19"lenso's:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wookie
07-10-2003, 11:54
Thanx for that Tanners.

Yeh I know Ponty quite well, Im from the Rhondda. The Maritime Ind Est is up past the enterance to Ponty RFC, through the roundabout and turn off left onto the Ind Est.

I'll give them a ring and see what price they can give me, I'd rather fixed price repair so you know where you are.

I'd like to see my 19" Lenso's aswell. I've been waiting over 3 months:censored:for them to arrive from the factory in Italy. They have had to be made for the car, but HOPEFULLY they are arriving in this country on Thursday and I should have them on Friday.:nod: :nod: :nod:

I doubt I'll be going down there this Saturday as Im working, but when I do I will drop you a pm or if you want to see the wheels when the eventually arrive, maybe I can pop down to Ponty one night for you to take a look.

cheers

Richard

TANNERS
07-10-2003, 16:47
definitly,
im looking at getting ace 197 wich hhaparently are the same company as lenso
but im a shithouse and will only strech to 18"s:thumbs: :thumbs:

Wookie
10-10-2003, 09:35
Just watch who you order them off and make sure you have a delivery date in writing from them. When I orderd mine they said that there would be a 2-3 week wait and appologised. 3 months later I'm still waiting.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just been told mine should be with me Monday or Tuesday next week:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt.Wild
11-10-2003, 17:38
Originally posted by dan_blu
hi guys, does anyone know where i can get some work done on my 200sx around the cardiff area ??

Try Ross Motorsport - £30 per hour labour and come with recommendation from Dano of Dano Designs :)

Thats where i'm going to fix my tubby gaskets :D