PDA

View Full Version : South West Mega? meet

Barryjdart
14-09-2003, 13:45
Just got back. Nicely will be posting. WTF happened to you all?
Your a load of :ghey: IMO

Nicely
14-09-2003, 19:20
Well said Barry. Thanks to all those who turned up. :thumbs: To everyone else: you were put to shame by Gerry from Bournemouth who turned up in his black S14a. Gerry wasn't even a registered Forum member but read about the meet as a guest.

PsYcHeS and Lainy had a 2.5 hour drive and were the only ones from Devon. Pete C came down from Bath with some parts for Andy Dee. :thumbs:

It didn't clash with all the other major events. So where were you all? Pathetic. :ghey:

Anyway, my photos are here (http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/sw_megameet_92003.html)

Barryjdart
14-09-2003, 19:36
Nice(ly) photos. :thumbs: After yesterday's probs with the air-con compressor seizing, by the time I got home the rear alternator bearing was screeching as well. :furious: :annoyed:
Oh well, more expense. Thanks again Nicely, for putting so much into organising the meet. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :wave: :D

ACECROSS
14-09-2003, 19:37
Excellent write up and photo's. Looks like you all had a good time.

Unfortuantely couldn't make it this time as we were already going Karting in Southampton for the weekend. :(

Hope to meet some more of you at the next meet!

fullmetalgasket
14-09-2003, 20:24
very nice photos:thumbs:

It was nice meeting you all,
nice meal, nice company, all in all a very nice way to spend the weekend.
Having just seen the 'real MEGAMEET' picture i've sudenly come over all hungry again :thumbs:

So a big thankyou to Nicely for organising the weekend, TAC for helping with suggestions for locations ect, PsYcHeS for the cooking and fireworks :wack: . And of course, everyone else who turned up for the meet. :notworthy :notworthy :wave:

Andy Dee
14-09-2003, 21:08
Excellent write up and photos, and well organised Nicely :thumbs:

Great food in the pub too.:)

Nice to see everyone, and wish i could have stayed for the evening.

*p.s. Let me know how you get on with the discs Pete.

SMiFFAD
14-09-2003, 21:18
Glad you had a good time, i was in the area, but spent saturday scouring the south for some rear pads so i could get home again :(

Sorry i couldnt make it.

TAC
14-09-2003, 21:23
Cracking photos, Nicely :D :thumbs:

My few are here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289125545)

It was a good weekend :D We had fantastic weather, and a reasonable turnout for the Saturday sesh, although not as many as hoped :( Where were you all? :whip: Hello to Gerry :wave: , the non-member - hope you get on the BB soon, mate. Nice to meet you...hopefully we'll see you at a few more of these :D

Top marks to Nicely for organising it :D :D and also to Lainy & PyScHeS for doing the catering and supplying the seating :D I never believed you could fit so much kit into an s13!! We would have been lost without the picnic table and the BBQ :D

Apologies for all for giving up so early on Saturday evening - I had a hard week, and I don't think my bottle of wine helped much ;)

Nicely
14-09-2003, 22:04
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
Glad you had a good time, i was in the area, but spent saturday scouring the south for some rear pads so i could get home again :(

Sorry i couldnt make it. Bart had a set of Mintex 1144s in his boot...

SMiFFAD
15-09-2003, 07:39
Originally posted by Nicely
Bart had a set of Mintex 1144s in his boot...

I know he did, sadly i dont have four pot calipers on the back of my car ;)

Nicely
15-09-2003, 08:26
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
I know he did, sadly i dont have four pot calipers on the back of my car ;) Ar$e! Didn't read again... :rolleyes:

Pete C
15-09-2003, 08:43
Thanks Nicely, that photo you took of my car managed to hide all the rust, and it doesn't even look that dirty! :notworthy

Mind you, maybe my car's just photogenic ;)

Andy, discs went on fine, haven't had a chance to really test them yet as I'm having problems with clearance on the calipers :(

Jeff
15-09-2003, 09:07
I really wanted to go too :( Ended up in Taunton getting my turbo changed. Was going to come down after but didn't end up leaving Taunton until 8pm, so was too knackered and didn't fancy navigating in the dark :o

Glad you had a decent time tho, weather was nice Saturday :)

PsYcHeS
15-09-2003, 10:33
Nicely written m8 :D

Good weekend and well organised too, next the brewery ?! :)
j/k

Thanx to those that attended and made Lainey and i feel welcome. we took the long way home and stopped off at Exmouth, another good spot for a meet if i say so.

Top photos and write up, would not have missed it for the world, shame on those that didnt attend, but at the end of the day it was their loss.

Thanx to Barry, FMG, Tracey and Nicely for making the campsite traffic noise bearable!, just...

SFC
23-09-2003, 15:20
I was moved to put in an appearance but prior commitments of a familial nature precluded my attendance at the aforementioned gathering. :p ;)

Well up for the next longwell bash tho innit. :thumbs:

Ripper
05-10-2003, 22:43
Originally posted by Nicely
It didn't clash with all the other major events. So where were you all? Pathetic. :ghey:
here (http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/sw_megameet_92003.html)

I couldn't plan to go as Mrs.Ripper-in-Law had an eye operation a few days beforehand.

HOWEVER, she improved well enough for me to get permission to (gulp) go to Bognor Regis and BUY AN S14a.....

....for somebody else!

So, have I made amends (should have bought another S13 really :nod: )?