PDA

View Full Version : South West Mega Meet - BOOKING NOW!

Nicely
12-08-2003, 15:55
This meeting is scheduled for the weekend of September 13th (12th-14th).

The SW Mega Meet is going to be held at the Forest Edge Touring Park (http://www.shorefield.co.uk/chooseapark/forestedge/forestedge.shtml) St. Leonards, Dorset. This is a change from the original venue due to too many restrictions. People from other SXOC regions welcome!

Each pitch costs £8 or £9 with power per night. This is an all inclusive price. They allow one night stays for those who can't make it on Friday. They will allow shared pitches, so long as its only two 2-4 man tents. What they won't allow is two cars per pitch, so you would be better getting a seperate pitch each. NO gazebos. One man tents are available for hire. There is a shop and showers on-site, and we are entitled to use the facilities of Oakdene Forest Park less than a mile away. This includes a cafeteria, bar and off-licence.

Examples:

One person, one car one night = £8
Two people, one car, two nights = £16
Two people, one car, two nights, power = £18

Latest arrival Friday night is 8pm (10pm by arrangement).

For those planning on just coming down for one day, you will not be allowed to take your cars onsite. What we'll have to do is arrange a meet point nearby. I have some ideas, but have to check them first. I'll keep you posted.

The deadline has now passed. I came still try and book for anyone interested, but can't guarantee a place nor that its near everyone else.

Payments to me by Paypal.

Click to pay (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=christian%40jull.net&item_name=SXOC+South+West+Mega+Meet+-+Sept+2003&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP)

If you can sort doing Paypal via your bank account, this saves me about 50-60p per credit card transaction. If not, don't worry too much, all the CC payers can all get together a sort me out a few drinks over the weekend. :D

Please give your details in the Paypal payment section AND let me know when you've paid and how much. :nod:

PAID & BOOKED:

Nicely - one pitch, two nights, power. PAID.
TAC - one pitch, two nights, no power. PAID.
Jeff - one pitch, two nights, no power. PAID.
FullMet***asket - one pitch, one night (Sat), no power. PAID.
barryjdart - one pitch, one night (Sat), no power. PAID.
SMiFFAD - one pitch, two nights, no power. PAID
PsYcHeS - one pitch, two nights, no power. PAID.

Jeff
12-08-2003, 15:57
Originally posted by Nicely
To be fair on the site, can we have at least two people per pitch, please.
Eh :confused: I was intending to come on me jacks, the Mrs don't really like all this car stuff :rolleyes: Do I have to force her to come otherwise the campsite will get the hump?

Nicely
12-08-2003, 16:01
No. I'm just saying please share a pitch with one or more people also going alone. :thumbs:

Jeff
12-08-2003, 16:04
I geddit. 2 people and 2 cars on one pitch is £22.68 + £4.70 for the extra car? Do you put 2 tents on 1 pitch?

Thanks for spelling it out, I am fick init :wack:

andyf
12-08-2003, 16:09
What's with the charge for gazebo's? :confused:

Nicely
12-08-2003, 16:16
Originally posted by Jeff
I geddit. 2 people and 2 cars on one pitch is £22.68 + £4.70 for the extra car? Do you put 2 tents on 1 pitch? They've not made that clear. I'll check if you can have two tents on the same pitch.

Originally posted by andyf
What's with the charge for gazebo's? :confused:
It's a space thing I believe. I'm wondering if they're classing a gazebo as one of those feckoff size tents... I'll check.

fullmetalgasket
12-08-2003, 17:26
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I've only just noticed this, but on Fri 12th Sept, i'll be watching Rancid play at the bristol accadamy! :( :cry: :cry:
Not something i'm likely to be able to do again, so i don't want to miss it :annoyed:
how late can I book in?
the Gig starts at about 7:30ish i think, but i'm likly to reach the camp site quite late :(
If i'm sharing a pitch ( when we work that bit out ) that may not be too much of a prob i 'spose.

TAC
12-08-2003, 22:52
To give an idea of cost, the charge for a pitch with two adults and a car in £22.68 for the weekend. It will cost an extra £4.70 for an extra car per pitch.
Hopefully this does mean 2 tents per pitch :)

The only person I'd share my tent with will be over 200 miles away looking after his little boy :cry:

If we do have to share pitches then might be helpful to have a list of the lonesome people, so we can segregate the snorers, and the ones with smelly feet etc ;) :D

Nicely
12-08-2003, 22:58
I've enquired about pitch sharing.

FMG: As you say, if you're sharing this shouldn't be a problem. Checking in at the time you would be talking about would be a no no. It is a busy family site and they request respect for other campers after 22:30.

Barryjdart
13-08-2003, 06:01
Well looks like I'll only be able to visit during the day (Saturday) due to working up north on the Friday so wouldn't get there 'til after 22.30:cry: Will try to sort it out but doubtful.

fullmetalgasket
13-08-2003, 07:08
I've enquired about pitch sharing.

FMG: As you say, if you're sharing this shouldn't be a problem. Checking in at the time you would be talking about would be a no no. It is a busy family site and they request respect for other campers after 22:30.

Righty then, who wants to share? Apparently i don't snore, although I can't guarantee i won't pong a little after the gig! :smash: :smash:

Nicely
13-08-2003, 07:47
Originally posted by FullMet***asket
Righty then, who wants to share? Apparently i don't snore, although I can't guarantee i won't pong a little after the gig! :smash: :smash: I'll do it. Someone's got to.... :p

fullmetalgasket
13-08-2003, 12:10
Lol! Cheers Nicely,
having read my previous post again, i don't nessesarily (spl??) mean share a tent, My own will be vaguely servicable as long as i can find some duct tape! :wack:
I'll have to look into how this paypal jobbie works for the deposit now, never had a need for it before :rolleyes:

CBomb
13-08-2003, 14:09
Originally posted by TAC
Hopefully this does mean 2 tents per pitch :)

The only person I'd share my tent with will be over 200 miles away looking after his little boy :cry:

If we do have to share pitches then might be helpful to have a list of the lonesome people, so we can segregate the snorers, and the ones with smelly feet etc ;) :D

I'll get me coat:rolleyes:

seriously though, I'll be there for the weekend and on my jack jones. Happy to share a plot with anyone provinding you can put up with me getting drunk and talking utter rubbish all night:thumbs:

***:nod:

Nicely
13-08-2003, 15:34
Just had clarification on two things.

Only one tent per pitch due to fire regs.

All gazebos £5 + VAT per night. This is due to space issues.

So tent sharing is preferred. For those particularly shy people, we can have SOME single person pitches. But you know you want to share! :p The site just want to avoid one person of the majority of pitches. It isn't ecomomical to them at what is still a busy time of year.

There is a minimum pitch fee of £8.75 + VAT per night.

fullmetalgasket
13-08-2003, 17:37
How's that for service then?!
I'll turn up at god knows what time, AND find my tent already put up! :thumbs: :thumbs:

TAC
13-08-2003, 23:19
Only one tent per pitch due to fire regs.
Shame....I would have shared my pitch with someone else :)

OK, in view of my gender and the size of my tent can I please have a single person pitch for 2 nights?

I'm a bit confused on the price now :rolleyes: Do you want 2 x £8.75 + VAT = £20.56 from me? (1 person in car, 2 nights :) ) Let me know and I'll send you the dosh :)

TVM
Tracy :)

Nicely
14-08-2003, 06:04
OK. I'm going to give another site a call this morning too. I'm not entirely happy with the restrictions that Red Shoot are imposing. I got a brochure through yesterday from the one you suggested, Tracey, and it appears more reasonable. If I change venue, it will be in the same vacinity.

Nicely
14-08-2003, 09:40
There has been a venue alteration. Check the changes in my original post above.

Jeff
14-08-2003, 11:54
Two people, one car, two nights, power = £18
Anyone got a fridge we can plug in for keeping the beers chilled? :cool:

Good work Nicely, this place sounds better :thumbs:

Nicely
14-08-2003, 11:56
Thanks to TAC. She spotted it! :thumbs:

What size fridge can you fit in your car, Jeff? :eek:

Jeff
14-08-2003, 12:00
What size fridge can you fit in your car, Jeff? :eek:
I've got no back seats so a pretty big 'un :cool: :D

CBomb
14-08-2003, 12:00
ChrissyB had one at Billing.......

Sadly he got p*ssed up and left it running all night which ran the battery flat and stopped his central locking working, he'd left the keys inside to keep the fridge running:D :rolleyes: :p

Laugh? I nearly :cry: (once I'd found out he'd got back in again:thumbs: )

TAC
14-08-2003, 22:59
Please give your details in the payment section AND let me know when you've paid and how much. :nod:

Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm not sure where the payments section is lol. :D

PAID: £16 for 1 person, 2 nights, pitch with no power :)

Nicely
15-08-2003, 06:09
Thanks, Tacey. Payments received are being shown in the first post.

fullmetalgasket
15-08-2003, 07:07
Latest arrival Friday night is 8pm (10pm by arrangement).

Looks like I won't be able to make it on Friday night then :(
You can pencil me in for 1 person, 1 car, 1 night. Payment will make its way to you on monday when i'm payed.
Hope i'm not being too awkward! :D

Nicely
15-08-2003, 07:42
Originally posted by FullMet***asket
Looks like I won't be able to make it on Friday night then :(
You can pencil me in for 1 person, 1 car, 1 night. Payment will make its way to you on monday when i'm payed.
Hope i'm not being too awkward! :D Not at all. One of the reasons for changing venue was to allow people to stay one night. :thumbs:

PsYcHeS
15-08-2003, 09:01
I'll take 1 pitch, with 1 car with 2 people for 2 nights...

So can we bring Gazebo's to this one then, maybe just to have in front of tents, nice to drink beers under the stars and not get damp, that's the missus job :D

will sort out payment asap, i dont use paypal but i know a man who does :)

Nicely
15-08-2003, 09:06
Originally posted by PsYcHeS
I'll take 1 pitch, with 1 car with 2 people for 2 nights...

So can we bring Gazebo's to this one then, maybe just to have in front of tents, nice to drink beers under the stars and not get damp, that's the missus job :D

will sort out payment asap, i dont use paypal but i know a man who does :) Much as I'd like them, I'm afraid its no gazebos at all. I'm finding a distinct dislike for gazebos with campsites. :rolleyes:

Parker
15-08-2003, 12:56
Sorry for being think :wack: but were the prices edited? I am interested in coming on my own for two nights as long as Norris Designs have finished my shiney new engine :cool: . I dont think there was an option for one car, one person, two nights. Correct me if Im wrong!

Nicely
15-08-2003, 15:04
Originally posted by 200SX Pilot
Sorry for being think :wack: but were the prices edited? I am interested in coming on my own for two nights as long as Norris Designs have finished my shiney new engine :cool: . I dont think there was an option for one car, one person, two nights. Correct me if Im wrong! I had only put some examples of pricing. What you want is fine. Just post when you're sure you're going. :thumbs:

Nicely
17-08-2003, 22:21
Just to remind you all that the deadline in this Friday (22nd).

Jeff
18-08-2003, 10:05
Just paid £16 for 2 nights without power :thumbs:

Nicely
18-08-2003, 10:08
Added, thanks. :thumbs:

Chris_Lacey
18-08-2003, 19:08
I am afraid I can't be certain about availability for that weekend yet, due to other areas of my life getting a bit complex.. I may just make a single late booking to them at the time. Good job with the organising though :)

Nicely
18-08-2003, 21:54
Cheers :thumbs: Hope you can make it.

Deacon
19-08-2003, 10:13
i am the same as chris..being on call i mite have to turn up to drool over your cars at late notice :)

i will check to see if i am working that weekend and get back to you :)

Nicely
19-08-2003, 10:14
Originally posted by *DeathStar*
i am the same as chris..being on call i mite have to turn up to drool over your cars at late notice :)

i will check to see if i am working that weekend and get back to you :) :thumbs:

CBomb
19-08-2003, 10:19
Nicely,

You have PM:thumbs:

Barryjdart
19-08-2003, 18:13
Paid one night (Sat), no power - £8 by PayPal.

Nicely
19-08-2003, 18:55
Nice one, Barry. :thumbs:

Thanks to FMG too. :)

fullmetalgasket
19-08-2003, 19:36
OK, have finally negotiated all the legal mumbo-jumbo and registered with paypal.
£8 should have made it's way to you by now Nicely :thumbs:
While i'm posting, how early can i book in on Sat? as i'd like to get there early as poss, mainly to miss the :censored: traffic, but also so i don't miss anything! :D

Nicely
20-08-2003, 22:26
For those planning on just coming down for one day, you will not be allowed to take your cars onsite. What we'll have to do is arrange a meet point nearby. Suggestions welcome...

TAC
20-08-2003, 23:05
What sorta thing did you have in mind?

Ran a search on Ringwood pubs in yellow pages - doesnt seem to be much there altho this (http://website.lineone.net/~red_shoot/Index.htm) might be a possibility - depends on how big their CP is, and if they'd be happy with a load of cars turning up :)

Haven't been down that way for ages so my memory of the place is somewhat sketchy...there might be a big CP somewhere in the new forest where we could all link up. I remember that pay and displays are surprising cheap down there, but I don't remember any big ones.

Any other suggestions?

Nicely
21-08-2003, 06:01
lol. That's the pub in front of the original camp site! There isn't a lot in Ringwood (its only up the road from me). There is a large shopper's CP though. The Forest car parks would be good, but are generally nowhere near anything. I'll keep thinking...

Barryjdart
21-08-2003, 06:10
Big car park at Longwell Green. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wave: :wave: :D :D

Nicely
21-08-2003, 06:24
:rolleyes: :D Don't think the campers will be happy about driving to Bristol for the day when they are staying near Ringwood that evening. :D

fullmetalgasket
21-08-2003, 06:48
Just noticed that this has appeared....

If you can sort doing Paypal via your bank account, this saves me about 50-60p per credit card transaction. If not, don't worry too much, all the CC payers can all get together a sort me out a few drinks over the weekend. :D

If ALL the people who payed by CC need to club together to buy a drink, then how much is a pint down there?! :eek: :wack: :smash:

Nicely
21-08-2003, 07:55
lol. To give you an idea, I get charged 67p on a £16 transaction. I doesn't take too many people to make a pint... :D

bigtone
21-08-2003, 17:56
can we just turn up on the day and pay then??

PsYcHeS
21-08-2003, 18:24
£16 should be added to your account for mine now m8 :D

fullmetalgasket
21-08-2003, 18:25
:D :D :D Have just looked at a map to see how to get to the campsite, the direct route from Bristol/Bath seems to involve the B3081 out of Shaftsbury, up zig zag hill ( v aptly named as has about 6 hairpin bends!:notworthy ) then along something called Charlton Down, V fast and Good visibilty (had some fun with a TVR last time i Drove it:wack: ) then off though the lanes to ashley heath and I'm there! :thumbs:
10 out of 10 for location :notworthy
lets hope my licence survives the trip:eek:

And tone, i think we have to pay in advance or we won't get in. I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong:nod::whip:

Nicely
21-08-2003, 18:36
Originally posted by bigtone
can we just turn up on the day and pay then?? As I said a couple of posts back. Cars aren't allowed on site if they haven't booked. I have some details of some decent pubs nearby with big car parks, so when I've established which one to go for, I'll give details for a Saturday daytime meet location. This obviously won't cost anything, although it would be courtesy to have some drinks and lunch! I'll keep you posted.

PsYcHeS and SMiFFAD: Payments received, thanks! :thumbs:

Nicely
26-08-2003, 10:54
All pitches are now booked. I will PM everyone when I have details in the next few days.

Any late bookings are welcome, but I can't guarantee a place, nor that it will be with everyone else.

Chris_Lacey
29-08-2003, 06:18
Bad news :( :(

Or good news, depends on how you look at it! I won't be able to make the SW meet at all, my house is due for completion on 11/9 and we are moving in on the weekend 13/14 :) :(

Sorry to let you all down.

TAC
31-08-2003, 22:06
Any news on where the Saturday meet will be held yet??

Nicely
02-09-2003, 10:20
Mini meet details here: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55189

PsYcHeS
09-09-2003, 08:03
http://search.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=2704215&companyName=Shorefield+&location=ST+LEONARDS&referer=search&replayURL=%2Fsearch%2FDoSearch%3Fstate%3DAMB%26bus inessType%3D%26alpha%3D1%2B100%26mqs%3Dx%26targetN ame%3D%26scrambleSeed%3D8943%26broaderLocation%3DR INGWOOD%257CHAMPSHIRE%257CSOUTH%2BEAST%2BENGLAND%2 57CENGLAND%257CUNITED%2BKINGDOM%26Submit.y%3D8%26l ocation%3DST%2BLEONARDS%26Submit.x%3D30%26screen%3 DVAL%26companyName%3DShorefield%2B

that crazy huge link will give you the map page on yell and will give you directions from your front door to the site :)

Nicely
09-09-2003, 08:11
:cool: however, that's their other site. The correct one is: http://search.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=3050710&businessType=camp+site&location=St+Leonards%2C+Ringwood&bt_term=CAMPING+SITES&referer=search&replayURL=%2Fsearch%2FDoSearch%3Fstate%3DAMB%26bus inessType%3Dcamp%2Bsite%26alpha%3D3%2B2200100%26mq s%3Dx%26targetName%3D%26broaderLocation%3DRINGWOOD %257CHAMPSHIRE%257CSOUTH%2BEAST%2BENGLAND%257CENGL AND%257CUNITED%2BKINGDOM%26scrambleSeed%3D12907%26 Submit.y%3D13%26location%3DST%2BLEONARDS%26Submit. x%3D35%26companyName%3D%26screen%3DVAL

PsYcHeS
11-09-2003, 16:10
I shall post this on several parts and threads here!!

Im a no go now, my feckin' head gasket has gone (least thats the most likely)

Lost water, blowing from rad cap when off etc.

lets see how much it will cost to replace eh?!

FREE CAMPING SPOT FOR 2 NITES FOR SOMEONE!!

I HAVE PAID FOR 2 NIGHTS AND 2 PERSONS, HOPE SPOMEONE CAN USE THEM

fullmetalgasket
11-09-2003, 18:19
Very sorry to hear that PsYcHeS, hope you sort the problem out quickly.
:nod:

PsYcHeS
11-09-2003, 21:57
Hold the Fort!!!!!

I am 95% certain to be there!!!!!!

For those turning up on the Friday nite, i may have the kettle ready if u txt me 1st!!

Rob: 07974 656972

best to have a contact eh?!

see you there with any luck those that are going :D

TAC
11-09-2003, 22:10
Fingers x-ed, mate ! Will see you tomorrow night then - should be there around 7 - 7:30 I think :)

EDIT - Forgot to say, I'll be bringing the last of my disposable BBQs and some sausages and buns - hopefully they'll come in handy :)

Nicely
11-09-2003, 22:58
Glad to hear things have improved, mate! :thumbs: See you about 18:00-18:30.

Tracy, you're far too organised. I'm just packing stuff now! :rolleyes:

TAC
11-09-2003, 23:09
Heh, I haven't actually packed yet :o Just popped in the supermarket tonight and picked up some stuff - will be packing tomorrow, which is why i wont make it till 7-ish :)

See you tomorrow mate, and good work on organising this :D

fullmetalgasket
11-09-2003, 23:15
:o *ahem mutter mumble*

Still havn't gotten around to packing yet, thats my job for tomorrow!
I'll see you guys on saturday morning, I'll give PsYcHeS ring if I can't locate you...... Not like you'd be out and actually driving around the new forest after all! :wack: