PDA

View Full Version : August Bristol meet

RSendout
09-08-2003, 18:36
Well at least I got home without getting lost:annoyed:

Good to see you guys again.

Sitting here waiting for the pi$$ takes for Mr Smillie who lives under my bonnet:D

SteveDunn
09-08-2003, 18:39
Nice to meet you all :)

Nicely
09-08-2003, 18:41
Originally posted by R.Sendout
Well at least I got home without getting lost:annoyed:
Yeah. Left you to it cos I wanted to check boost and revs. :D

Decat makes a difference. Feels as though it pulls a bit harder. Also seems to have more power after 5300! Hooray! Not quite right, but that may improve with a full system.

Good afternoon. The look on JB's face when I introduced Jenkski as Speedy! :D :wack:

Special thanks the Smiffad for fitting the decat and Barry and FMG for supplying jacks! :thumbs:

RSendout
09-08-2003, 18:47
Yeah. Left you to it cos I wanted to check boost and revs.

Had a feeling thats what you were doing as you disappeared into the distance, would have tried to keep up but too much William about.

Glad to hear it feels better anyway, where did you say you got it I think I want one;)

SMiFFAD
09-08-2003, 18:49
Was a good meet, not a bad way to spend a day at all......

Had fun fitting nicelys de-cat, just about got the rust out of my eye........

Halfords still dont have any more red paint, so am unable to finish the spoiler tonight....... :( doh.

Good to meet jenkski, and rippers s13 (finally - diddnt recognise him without a punto attached :D)

Hope barry finds some use for that mini filter he had off me :D

See you all soon, stay safe ;) :thumbs:

(nicely - add the decat to your mods list!)

Barryjdart
09-08-2003, 19:29
R. Sendout: -
Sitting here waiting for the pi$$ takes for Mr Smillie who lives under my bonnet

Would we do that? :D :D :D

Smiffad: -
Hope barry finds some use for that mini filter he had off me

I'll find somewhere to fix it. :D :thumbs: :thumbs:

SteveDunn
09-08-2003, 23:45
Any pics? :)

Nicely
09-08-2003, 23:49
Originally posted by R.Sendout
where did you say you got it I think I want one;) You can get em from dano for about £54 delivered.

I'll do my pics tomorrow. Visitors and a barby tonight.

JB
10-08-2003, 09:47
Nice to meet everyone again and good to meet Jenkski for the first time :thumbs:

Highlights for me were:

1) In the traffic jam on the way down seeing the two bbc wearing lads in the Saxo looking seriously distressed in the heat whilst trying to remain cool in appearance :D

2) Seeing Ripper make love to his car at the end of the meet :rolleyes: :p

3) Listening to FullMentalJacket's confession (though if I'd been him I'd have kept very quiet about it) that he was recently out-dragged by a moped :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :wack: :wack: :notworthy :notworthy

Nicely
10-08-2003, 15:03
Much as I'd like to post this month's photos, I can't upload to the host at the moment. I will keep trying, but it may be tomorrow before I can get them in place. :rolleyes:

fullmetalgasket
10-08-2003, 18:31
Originally posted by JB
Highlights for me were:

3) Listening to FullMentalJacket's confession (though if I'd been him I'd have kept very quiet about it) that he was recently out-dragged by a moped :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :wack: :wack: :notworthy :notworthy

I see you forgot to mention what i was driving at the time :rolleyes: ( 900cc Micra :eek: )
never mind, i'll get me own back, :smash:
I has a plan ( and photoshop! ) :wack: :wack:

JB
10-08-2003, 18:56
Originally posted by FullMent***asket
I see you forgot to mention what i was driving my 200SX at the time.
Well I was trying to be kind mate, but now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag...

:wack:

Bart
10-08-2003, 20:32
Top one.......now to decide on the S/W Mega Meet.......anyone???.....Campin...Caravanin....... lol..... :p

Nicely can u Pm me the telephone number of the RR in Andover.....cheers bud....

later.....:whip: :p

fullmetalgasket
11-08-2003, 07:14
Originally posted by JB
Well I was trying to be kind mate, but now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag...

*in a Scooby Doo sorta way *

An' I woulda gotten away with it too, If it wasn't for you pesky kids!
:cry: :cry:

:D

Nicely
11-08-2003, 22:00
Right! Photos ready to view here (http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/lg_82003.html) :)

JB
11-08-2003, 22:46
Originally posted by Nicely
Right! Photos ready to view here (http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/lg_82003.html) :)
Where's the shot or Ripper draped naked across the bonnet of his car then?

As usual, Nicely done :thumbs: :nod: :D

Barryjdart
12-08-2003, 05:40
Well done, Nicely. Good to see that you're posting pics since I gave up. :thumbs: :thumbs: :D :D :D

Nicely
12-08-2003, 06:04
Originally posted by JB
Where's the shot or Ripper draped naked across the bonnet of his car then?

As usual, Nicely done :thumbs: :nod: :D It's there. Last one... :thumbs:

SMiFFAD
12-08-2003, 07:41
Wheres my "huge amounts of thanks goes to smiffad for getting rust in his eye to help produce this how to fit a de-cat section!" ;) :p

What do people want doing next time :smash: :smash:

My plan is if im modding other peeps cars it will distract me from spending money on my own :D :thumbs:

Neeeeeeeed my fix man :wack:

Nicely
12-08-2003, 08:21
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
Wheres my "huge amounts of thanks goes to smiffad for getting rust in his eye to help produce this how to fit a de-cat section!" ;) :p I did give you a mention on the Longwell page! :) I think it only fair you get a mention on the decat page too. I'll sort that tonight. Too busy rehosting the entire site last night :rolleyes: Free ISPs :mad: Paying for the space now...

SMiFFAD
12-08-2003, 08:33
I did give you a mention on the Longwell page! :) I think it only fair you get a mention on the decat page too. I'll sort that tonight. Too busy rehosting the entire site last night :rolleyes: Free ISPs :mad: Paying for the space now...

He he, shouldnt worry mate, was only joking :p.

Do you want to do a frount mount fitting guide.....if so you can come and help put mine in ;)

Nicely
12-08-2003, 08:37
Can do, if it doesn't clash with anything. :thumbs:

Pete C
12-08-2003, 08:49

http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/images/lg_82003_2.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeff
12-08-2003, 08:54
Originally posted by Pete C

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It doesn't look that bad mate :rolleyes:

It'll be fixed soon you nutter :D

Nicely
12-08-2003, 08:54
Originally posted by Pete C

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to rub it in. :cry: :wack:

SMiFFAD
12-08-2003, 08:56
Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to run it in. :cry: :wack: Was that an intentional slip of the keys? :D

Pete C
12-08-2003, 08:58
Originally posted by Jeff
It'll be fixed soon you nutter :D

Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that, even if Simon decides it is covered under the warranty it'll be weeks, and if it isn't, I can't afford another engine rebuild, I'll have to break it or something! :(

Nicely
12-08-2003, 09:02
Was that an intentional slip of the keys? :D Don't know where you got that quote from... :confused:

fullmetalgasket
12-08-2003, 12:32
What do people want doing next time :smash: :smash:

My plan is if im modding other peeps cars it will distract me from spending money on my own :D :thumbs:

Neeeeeeeed my fix man :wack:

I'm sure we'll find you something ;) I'm still being badly tempted by a number of boost gauges at the mo. If the warrenty company let me fit one then i'm sure I can save it for the next longwell meet! :D :D :D
( does this mean you'll buy me a drink for fitting it aswell?? I'm sure you bought Nicely something! :wack: )

SMiFFAD
12-08-2003, 12:39
Originally posted by FullMet***asket
I'm sure we'll find you something ;) I'm still being badly tempted by a number of boost gauges at the mo. If the warrenty company let me fit one then i'm sure I can save it for the next longwell meet! :D :D :D
( does this mean you'll buy me a drink for fitting it aswell?? I'm sure you bought Nicely something! :wack: )

I bought nicely a mc d's cos he gave me that sheet of mesh, and i felt sorry for him sitting though our meal in pizza hut unable to eat anything :D poor lad :wack:

fullmetalgasket
12-08-2003, 12:57
well you've got to credit me with trying! :D :D :D

Ripper
15-08-2003, 09:55
Sorry for the verrrrrrrrrry late posting on this thread :nod:

I was in bed for four days after that meet and this is my first chance to post.

As usual, the photos have been Nicely done :thumbs:

A good meet, as has been said - just too many cars with boots....:wack:

Deacon
20-08-2003, 20:01
who are the members in the pics then ? :)

Ripper
21-08-2003, 07:52
I'm the slim, agile bloke hugging the grey S13 :wack:

Nicely
21-08-2003, 08:03
Not sure who everyone is. The three admiring SMiFFAD's spoiler are, from left, barryjdart, SMiFFAD and Pete C. The guy with his head in the boot is FullMet***asket. The guy with his head under the bonnett of the white S13 is Cheekee, with Barry again and Jibber over to the side. And, of course, the hatchback hugger is Ripper.

Apologies to the other guys. Didn't get to talk to you, so I don't know who you are. :(

SMiFFAD
21-08-2003, 08:04
Im the handsom if not string bean looking fella in the middle of the three behind my car :D:smash:

barrys on the left, and Pete C on the right of me, not sure who the blurry dude whos about to jump in my engine bay is :wack:

http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/images/lg_82003_4.jpg

Nicely
21-08-2003, 08:08
Im the handsom if not string bean looking fella in the middle of the three behind my car :D:smash:

barrys on the left, and Pete C on the right of me, not sure who the blurry dude whos about to jump in my engine bay is :wack:

http://nicely.msshost.com/meets/images/lg_82003_4.jpg And the masterful hand caressing my cat...

SMiFFAD
21-08-2003, 08:11
And the masterful hand caressing my cat...

We do not tolorate failure number 2..........

(nicely "number 2" - you should be recieving a cheque from me today ;))

Nicely
21-08-2003, 08:12
We do not tolorate failure number 2..........

(nicely "number 2" - you should be recieving a cheque from me today ;)) Mate! You didn't have to pay me to fit the cat! :D :D :p :smash:

SMiFFAD
21-08-2003, 08:15
Mate! You didn't have to pay me to fit the cat! :D :D :p :smash:

Well i felt guilty punching that huge hole in the bottom of your car, and draining your diff oil.... :rolleyes: :o :smash:

Deacon
21-08-2003, 09:45
Ripper Remind me not to get on the wrong side of you :D

why did you not sit on speedy pete ? :D

RSendout
21-08-2003, 10:02
I very nearly managed to escape the all seeing eye of Nicely:D
I am just about visible in one pic.
I am clearly visible in some of the older pics (dodgy looking ginger dude);)

Ripper
21-08-2003, 10:45
Originally posted by *DeathStar*
Ripper Remind me not to get on the wrong side of you :D

I'm a pussy cat really :nod: ;)

Deacon
21-08-2003, 10:48
good.....

i am 19/ 20 stone anyways :o

Ripper
25-08-2003, 00:18
And, of course, the hatchback hugger is Ripper

LOL :D :D :D

Better than bring a Tree-hugger.

Trees don't do 0-60 very quickly so they're not worth hugging.

Mind you, ever seen a tree get pulled over in the small hours?

No, though not :wack: