PDA

View Full Version : SW Mega Meet - the next step...

Nicely
07-08-2003, 10:27
Right. A decision needed to be taken over the location for the Mega Meet, so it has. Due to issues with Castle Combe, Weston and Bournemouth, the New Forest came across as a reasonable alternative. I appreciate that this isn't on everyone's doorstep, however, this is meant to become a quarterly event, so maybe it'll be closer next time!

There has been a lot of interest in making this a camping event to make it more accessible to those travelling some distance. With this in mind, I've picked out a suitable location at the Red Shoot Camping Park (http://www.redshoot-campingpark.com/index.html) at Linwood near Ringwood close to the Hampshire/Dorset border. It has excellent facilities and is right behind a very good pub. :thumbs:

I was thinking of either the weekend of the 6th or 13th of September and need some feedback before contacting the park with numbers and seeing if they're OK with us.

Please state if you're interested and which weekend. :wave: I would emphasise that this is open to people from other regions too if they want to attend.

Jeff
07-08-2003, 10:29
w/e 13th Sept would be better for me but I'd probably be able to turn up to either weekend :)

206xy
07-08-2003, 10:53
Its not allowed to be the 6 th September cus thats my b day weekend and i will have a tantrum and me and smiffad wont be able to go.

So the 13th sounds bestest....

PsYcHeS
07-08-2003, 10:57
Since when did they move Hampshire to the South West ??!!

Should be ok, depends on cash of course but i can work round most things :D

SMiFFAD
07-08-2003, 11:13
Originally posted by 206xy
Its not allowed to be the 6 th September cus thats my b day weekend and i will have a tantrum and me and smiffad wont be able to go.

So the 13th sounds bestest....

Whats that about me not going? you mean you wont be able to love ;):p

Nicely
07-08-2003, 11:20
Originally posted by PsYcHeS
Since when did they move Hampshire to the South West ??!!
I believe the location falls within the SXOC SW region... :D

SMiFFAD
07-08-2003, 11:20
Sorry best add yes am interested, will be there, and as for date, for the easy life, what ever the lady says ;)

The Architect
07-08-2003, 12:25
i think the 13th would be best as TRAX is the 7th Sept at Silverstone!:thumbs:

CBomb
07-08-2003, 13:46
7th is good for me too:thumbs:

***:nod:

Nicely
07-08-2003, 15:43
Originally posted by *****
7th is good for me too:thumbs:

***:nod: Do you mean the 13th, ***? That's what everyone else has said so far.... :)

Jeff
07-08-2003, 15:44
If we hold it the same weekend as TRAX no bugger will turn up :(

Nicely
07-08-2003, 15:47
13th is favourite at the mo anyway. :)

Jeff
07-08-2003, 15:50
You gonna give that camp site a ring and see if they're cool with that weekend then bud? :thumbs:

Nicely
07-08-2003, 15:58
How many pitches do you think?

Jeff
07-08-2003, 16:00
41 people voted on the poll. I reckon we'd be lucky if half that many turned up? :indiff:

fullmetalgasket
07-08-2003, 17:13
I should be there regardless of which weekend it's held on :thumbs:
So count me in :D

CBomb
07-08-2003, 21:44
Originally posted by Nicely
Do you mean the 13th, ***? That's what everyone else has said so far.... :)

D'oh:annoyed:

Yeah I meant the 13th too:o

I've been getting progressively worse over the last couple of days and now feel (and look) like a comedy extra from the 'Evil dead'. It's like having a head full of sawdust:cry:

***:nod: (If you see the sandman can you send him my way?)

TAC
07-08-2003, 21:51
13 th is good, except it clashes with longwell....no worries :) I'm sure they'll relocate LG to Linwood for the day :D

Can we hire a coach and go on a pub tour of Ringwood? (Love that beer! :D)

Barryjdart
08-08-2003, 06:22
:mad: :mad: Yes it is Longwell that day! Going to Trax so 6th. is out. Longwell 13th. Silverstone 20th. (company away day - :D )

Decisions, decisions. 13 th. is fine by me. :D :wave:

Pete C
08-08-2003, 07:29
Yeah 13th is good for me too. I think anyone deciding to turn up to Longwell may well find themselves a bit alone anyways! :D

Nicely
08-08-2003, 08:24
I sent an e-mail the camp site last night saying the following:

"Hello.

I am enquiring as to the possibility of about 20 pitches at your site on the 13-14 of September 2003. Each pitch would have a car.
It would be desirable if they could all be together. A number of people have gazebos, so I would be grateful if you could advise if
this is possible. We don't mind being put away from other campers if it would annoy them.

This is enquiry stage at the moment, but the booking would be a firm thing if available.

I would be grateful if you could advise me ASAP.

Regards,"

I worded it this way because I didn't want to give the impression that we were a bunch of LAX Power loutes whowould be doing donuts in there field.

They responded last night asking me to phone and discuss it with them. Any suggestions how I can put it across without puting them off?

Jeff
08-08-2003, 08:26
Tell them we're a bunch of internet nerds who want to get together and drink copious amounts of Ribena :wack:

Pete C
08-08-2003, 08:34
Originally posted by Jeff
Tell them we're a bunch of internet nerds who want to get together and drink copious amounts of Ribena :wack:

ROTFLMAO Jeff :D :D :D :D :D :D

:notworthy

fullmetalgasket
08-08-2003, 12:45
It could just be best to be truthfull with them.
After all, when 20 ( or hopefully more ) 200's turn up on the day it's going to be a little obvious that we're a bunch of ribena drinking internet nerds who also happen to belong to a car club! :eek:
Just extoll the vertues ( I didn't know my vocabulary went that far :wack: ) of the sxoc and it's members,
i.e. we're all fairly sensible and willing to respect the campsite and its guests. Also that if any one starts performing doughnuts ect, we'll break their legs :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

As I said theres no way of hidding the fact that we're all car freaks on the day, so we might as well find somewhere that doesn't have a problem with us to start with.
Less hassle that way. :thumbs:

The Architect
08-08-2003, 12:56
Originally posted by FullMet***asket

As I said theres no way of hidding the fact that we're all car freaks on the day, so we might as well find somewhere that doesn't have a problem with us to start with.
Less hassle that way. :thumbs:

i agree:thumbs: find somewhere that would be happy with a group of mature car enthusiasts(spelling)

Nicely
08-08-2003, 15:29
Well. The camp site didn't have a problem with as going. They just didn't want a one night only booking. They don't usually do just one night.

So, other alternate suggestions welcome.

Chris_Lacey
08-08-2003, 17:01
Yes, somewhere in the SW... lol

The 13th is a good date btw :)

We will find a spot :)

fullmetalgasket
08-08-2003, 17:16
Hmm. some may have a problem with this, but ......
how about arrainging it so that we arrive on the Friday evening and go home sunday? Thats two nights so we get a full day of fooling around in the NF/on the coast/wherever, 2 nights of drinking ( that should gain some support! :D ) and maybe this'll please the campsite.
If there was a major prob for everyone getting there on Fri, we may be able to get the campsite to allow some people to turn up on Sat, so long as we can get several people to go for both nights. As I suggested this I'd better make myself available for both nights! :rolleyes:

Nicely
08-08-2003, 19:47
FullMetal: I don't have a real problem with that idea.

Chris: I know you were only joking, but, for the time being, the location is the New Forest. This Mega Meet idea has only had the support of a few members pushing it and actually doing something about it. Had a few more people been a bit more proactive with ideas and locations, it may have been somewhere more central in the region. Wherever it is, its going to be a long way for some people and not others. As it is, on this occaision its closer for the Wiltshire/Hampshire Dorset members. Next time it could be in Cornwall.

TAC
08-08-2003, 22:23
Nicely,

I'd go along with FMG's suggestion for the time being - see if they'll let us in for 2 nights. If not...I guess there must be other campsites that might be willing to take a 1-night booking? Don't ask me about any, I'm a billing camper only lol.

Will have a think and see if any other ideas present themself...but I'm a bit low on ideas of any sort atm :(

PsYcHeS
09-08-2003, 10:25
Well im up for the 2 nights, only means i gotta bring a spare pair of socks and boxers, lucky it aint 3 nights or i'd never get 2 spare pairs of socks in my boot!!

CBomb
10-08-2003, 23:34
Two nights sounds good.

I'll pack me tooth brush and an extra pair of socks:D

G-Bone
10-08-2003, 23:58
Two nights sounds good.

I'll pack me tooth brush and an extra pair of socks:D

Just need a tent this time eh???? :D

Two nights on the 12th and 13th sounds cool to me :thumbs:

CBomb
11-08-2003, 00:27
Originally posted by Grazor
Just need a tent this time eh???? :D

Two nights on the 12th and 13th sounds cool to me :thumbs:

Tent?

TENT?

TENT?

No way!:eek: (real hardcore enthusiasts don't need tents:D )

***:nod: (sleep under the stars and be amazed that no-one has shaved off your eyebrows:thumbs: )

fullmetalgasket
11-08-2003, 07:17

***:nod: (sleep under the stars and be amazed that no-one has shaved off your eyebrows:thumbs: )

This looks like a challenge if ever i saw one! :D :D

CBomb
11-08-2003, 14:20
Originally posted by FullMet***asket
This looks like a challenge if ever i saw one! :D :D

B*gger :cry: should have kept me mouth shut:rolleyes:

I did this to a mate once and he waited over a year to get me back (he very nearly shaved a huge chunk out of my hair whilst in Ibiza - luckily I woke up just in time:eek: )

Nicely
11-08-2003, 22:02
Good news. Red Shoot is OK with two days! I will confirm with them the other details and cost and let you know. :thumbs:

SMiFFAD
11-08-2003, 22:14
Originally posted by The Architect
i agree:thumbs: find somewhere that would be happy with a group of mature car enthusiasts(spelling)

Dont do that, i wanna come :D

TAC
11-08-2003, 22:23
Originally posted by Nicely
Good news. Red Shoot is OK with two days! I will confirm with them the other details and cost and let you know. :thumbs:
Yayyyy :cool: Nice one, Nicely :D

The Architect
12-08-2003, 07:33
Originally posted by SMiFFAD
Dont do that, i wanna come :D

theres always a few exceptions mate!;)

fullmetalgasket
12-08-2003, 12:36
Cool! Nice one, :thumbs:
now i'd better start looking into booking some time off work! :whip: