PDA

View Full Version : Bosch (ND) Fuel Pump issues?

andyf
15-06-2001, 12:50
Hello - don't suppose anyone here has a ND-supplied Bosch uprated fuel pump have they? I don't know exactly which one it is as I think Norris just sells the one model, but the people that installed it (The second time, as another garage ruined the car), Fuel Injection Services of Preston, said they wouldn't suggest driving it below the last white marker on the fuel tank as it seemed to be missing the thing that usually dips a bit lower in the tank and picks up the last drops. An added downside which I can only guess is related to this, is the swirl tank or whatever it's called, drains very quickly on cornering, and if I have under 1/2 tank of petrol then I basically end up losing power round corners which is really quite worrying when I was coming on boost in 2nd gear for a drift, and suddenly all throttle cuts out!
Is this likely to be related to the fuel pump, or do I have another fueling issue?
The car has done 118,000 miles so maybe the injectors are dirty? I've had one replaced recently which died horribly though, so I have no clue.

------------------
Graphite Grey S13
HKS Hiper Muffler / KYB Shocks / Avo Springs

Paul_S13
15-06-2001, 15:42
Nathan200sx has the ND fuel pump, i installed a cossie pump and that didn't have the extra pickup but I might make one myself only to extend the reach by 10mm