PDA

View Full Version : Speedo problems

Imp
13-06-2001, 12:46
Iknow its been posted somewhere in the archives,but can anyone help me in diagnosing my problem?
The speedo needle basically has a mind of its own and shoots around the dial for the fun of it,ive also noticed the miles are not being clocked on either the milo or tacho.Im assuming the whole clock dash needs replacing and not the sensor.
Has anyone else experienced the same problems and any suggestions where to get a new one from for little money?
Reagrds.

Chimp
13-06-2001, 13:06
Mine is equally as bizarre. Mine is perfect until it rains, then it goes crazy, then doesnt work at all unless you stamp on the brakes, then it shoots back up to normal for a bit.

Loose wire somewhere i guess. I think you can get a clock for £50 ish whether its the clock or the sender is another matter and i dunno how to check. http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/frown.gif

JPAWSON8
13-06-2001, 13:23
My speedo is fine but the mileage seems to be intermittent. Any ideas.

Kristian
13-06-2001, 14:25
My speedo is wonky aswell particularly in the rain. Think sensor might need cleaning or replacing.

Originally posted by JPAWSON8:
My speedo is fine but the mileage seems to be intermittent. Any ideas.

Jez
13-06-2001, 14:40
I've had wonky speedo syndrome in one of my S13s. Checked all the sensors and it turned out to be the clock. Think it was about £50 from a breakers and fairly easy to replace.

Hope that helps a bit.

[This message has been edited by Jez (edited 13-06-2001).]

Chimp
14-06-2001, 11:30
found this on that american site..

"The Speed Sensor is on the right hand side of the tranny just at the end where the drive shaft comes in.

To check it's operation, remove the sensor and measure the voltage (A.C.) across the 2- terminals. Spin the pinion quickly and you should get approx. 0.5V A.C."

Hope that helps,
A&W
'91 S13

* I assume tranny = transmission. Unless Ru paul is hiding under their car.

------------------
Dan
Red S13
Actuator/chip/filter
http://animatedgif.net/animals/otheranimals/ape_e0.gif

Jez
14-06-2001, 13:52
Careful when you pull the sensor out - most of the gear box oil comes out