PDA

View Full Version : Which Intercooler?

JPAWSON8
12-06-2001, 07:21
Please can you give me some more feedback on the different types of intercoolers you can stick in an S13 with rough prices, difficulty of fitting and performance gains. In an ideal world it would be nice to get something from a scrappy and it would slot straight in. Are the S14 intercoolers any better and would they slot straight in?

Kristian
12-06-2001, 21:21
I've looked at Evo 6 intercoolers which measured up and should fit. You will need to do some cutting though for the puipes and maybe tilt the bottom of the radiator back. oh, and also fit mounting brackets for your new intercooler. You should gain about 25bhp straight off with the intercooler front mounted.

Originally posted by JPAWSON8:
Please can you give me some more feedback on the different types of intercoolers you can stick in an S13 with rough prices, difficulty of fitting and performance gains. In an ideal world it would be nice to get something from a scrappy and it would slot straight in. Are the S14 intercoolers any better and would they slot straight in?

Jez
12-06-2001, 22:27
Saab 2.3T intercoolers fit. There's been loads of posts on this previously. Should see about 20bhp for around £60 (IC) + £70 (hoses).