PDA

View Full Version : T25 Hybrid

Geof_S13
30-07-2001, 19:04
Any one out there running one of these? My Std T25 has started smoking even though it's only 2! and I've been really nice to it. Synthetic oil every 3000, let it warm up and cool down properley, only adjusted the boost to 15PSI, wot more could I do?
There is no play in the thing at all so I assume it's just the seals, after a run I only have to leave it at idle for a couple of minutes and oily smoke every where.
Any help or info on hybrids most welcome.
PS it doesn't do it if the wife has been driving the car!!!!

------------------
90 S13 off white
ND Stage 1 EPROM
ND Actuator@ 15 PSI
Mongoose Zorst and K&N
Now smoking turbo

Paul_S13
01-08-2001, 20:28
I've got a T25 hybrid and now I wished I had gone for a T28 or T3, hybrids are very expensive and it would cost half for a T3 and a little bit more for a T28.

matt_j
01-08-2001, 20:48
hey geof....don't assume ur turbo's blown, i did, and my t28hybrid still smokes, read my thread on smoke no more people, i'm still trying to deal with the problem....

------------------
I keep telling you, andyf, your forehead is blocking my view of the road.....

Kristian
01-08-2001, 23:47
Ive got one and they're excellent. a little more laggy than the std item but should last longer witht the 360 degree thrust washer. they were designed for race rally applications so they should be able to take a fair pasting. they flow more air and also retain driveability. t3 and t28's are more laggy but are good for outright power. a t25 hybrid gives the best driveability/ performance increase compromise i believe. you can run a fair amount of boost to and this is more limited by your engine internals in std form not your turbo size. if you get detonation by running too much boost you'll knacker your pistons very quickly which will be very expensive!! I run 1 bar or about 15psi at present and its good. just fitting an EVO VI intercooler which should b finished tomorrow so i might be able to crank the boost up a bit then. i'd recommend the t25 hybrid.

------------------
Grey S13
HKS Hiper Muffler
HKS super power flow
HKS FCD & AFR
Hybrid Turbo
Lowered and stiffened
Boost at 1.0 bar

andyf
06-01-2002, 01:01
Get a T3 because they give more boost.

Jeremy 200
06-01-2002, 18:23
Hi Geof,
I've also got the t-25 hybrid. I got mine from SE and it has the 360 thrust bearing and T-28 exhaust and compressor wheels. They reckoned on 23psi being the max SAFE boost but even then that'll still give alot of power. The good thing is you don't have to change anything (like for the t-28 or t-3) so its just a straight swap and the 25 spins up alot quicker and lower down the rev range.........but i know which turbo i'd rather have. T-3/4 http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
http://www.300zx.co.uk/200sx/rides/jeremy_200/newsig1.jpeg
'92 S13, SE-Hybrid T-25,ND-Fast road engine,ND-Forged pistons,ND-Knife-edge crank,ND-Metal head gasket,ND bottom-end balance,ND-lightweight-flywheel,ND-st.1 chip,K+N,Mongoose,Grp.A fuel-pump,Grp.N discs,EBC pads,KYB suspension,17in Momos.....