PDA

View Full Version : Anyone snapped a turbo bolt?

Richy_Boy
28-07-2001, 13:37
Well put my car into a garage to get my gaskets replaced on my turbo as it was blowing.. and he found one of my bolts had snapped, one was missing, and one was loose. Said he needs to get it drilled out, and then re-threaded.
Has anyone else had this happen to their car? It happened to me last year, but was quite easy to sort out...

Wondering if my crappy IC is doing this as im running 15psi...

Any ideas?

------------------
Rich

180 to 210 BHP @???? rpm
S13 J reg Graphite Grey - ND200, Koni Adj., 17" wheelz, dropped. Broken.

cashflewn
29-07-2001, 08:40
wich bolts are missing,mine broke a stud of the head the one that the manifold bolts to during a cornering manouvre my old silvia did the same.they can be a pig to get out so i took all mine out and changed them all

Richy_Boy
29-07-2001, 09:06
Im not sure which bolt snapped to be honest. but he said he needs a friend to drill it out, so I guess its stuck in the turbo, as he cant take the block around to his friend to drill.. or can he? :\
Said something about it being in a recess, so he cant get to the bolt end. Gutted.

I think its only the turbo bolts, and the manifold is OK. Is there 5 bolts odd on the turbo itself?

So do you recommend he replaces all the bolts? Can you get titanium bolts or something.. I really cant afford for this to happen again! (once a year since I've had the car so far!)

------------------
Rich

180 to 210 BHP @???? rpm
S13 J reg Graphite Grey - ND200, Koni Adj., 17" wheelz, dropped. Broken.