PDA

View Full Version : Pay attention!!!

Liam
22-08-2010, 11:06
Ordered a new filter and 5L of oil.
Drained the oil, took the filter off and then when i was about to put on the new filter i noticed you had sent me the wrong size filter.
As the car is my only transport and i use it for work i had to reuse the old filter and fill with fresh oil.

Thanks for that oil expert :thumbs: :rolleyes:

clive
22-08-2010, 11:10
dude that sucks :(

think i would of personally ran down halfruads and grabbed one off the shelf there- yeah they aint cheap- but the added is tax is to pay for convinence(sp?)...

Liam
26-08-2010, 20:26
your silence is deafening oilman!!

I was going to go off on a rant with all sorts of expletives thrown in for good measure but i think your lack of response does enough.
I would like a refund for the filter and if you want this wrong filter back you can send a courier up to collect it or pay p&p and i'll post it.

Jem
26-08-2010, 20:28
Have you tried sending a PM?

Simaroon
26-08-2010, 20:30
he as posted in the opie section, been there for 5 days, surely thats enough???
why else would they have their own section

edit: sorry, only stuck my oar in because someone already seemed to be

clive
26-08-2010, 20:44
and he has been on line and posted in this section.

cant of missed it...

veryyy rude if he has imo...

VIDAL BABBOON
26-08-2010, 20:49
Instant reply is available via the phone im sure ?

Yes it sucks but sometimes shit happens and im sure posting about it has not helped you get a new filter ?

Daz
26-08-2010, 20:50
I had the same problem from Nissan once, they gave me 2 free filters and a full refund.

It's a proper pain in the arse when your stuck with the car in the air and no oil filter.

Liam
26-08-2010, 21:54

Yes it sucks but sometimes shit happens and im sure posting about it has not helped you get a new filter ?

yes, because a new filter would solve the problem. or do you know a way of changing an oil filter without the oil in the engine (which is fresh) pissing out all over the pavement?
in any case, i'm not after a replacment filter.

NismoNut
26-08-2010, 22:18
to be fair mate, mistakes can be made, theyre a busy company and obviously not a bunch of cowboys.

i know its a pain in the rear for the inconvenience but should always check your new parts before taking off the old ones............ just my opinion

Fordy
26-08-2010, 22:35
yes, because a new filter would solve the problem. or do you know a way of changing an oil filter without the oil in the engine (which is fresh) pissing out all over the pavement?
in any case, i'm not after a replacment filter.

big rag stuff it under the filter before you take it off to stop oil on the drive, then move quickly swapping filters you'll loose at most half a litre :thumbs:

Jem
27-08-2010, 11:44

Seconded, a quick email/phone call/PM would have been all that was needed to get the matter resolved and far more appropriate than your, 'storm into Currys with faulty DVD player and immediately boom 'I want to speak to a manager!!!' approach.

These things happen, I order roughly 100 oil filters and service parts a week. Very rarely does a day go by when one of my technicians doesn't come to me with the wrong part having been supplied.

Toby
27-08-2010, 11:50
Exactly, do you do everyting perfectly 100% of the time, no.

I'm sure opie oils will deal with this in the normal proffessional mannor they run there company.

Just a shame you have chosen to jump up and down like a school girl about it.

Liam
27-08-2010, 12:03
Seconded, a quick email/phone call/PM would have been all that was needed to get the matter resolved and far more appropriate than your, 'storm into Currys with faulty DVD player and immediately boom 'I want to speak to a manager!!!' approach.

These things happen, I order roughly 100 oil filters and service parts a week. Very rarely does a day go by when one of my technicians doesn't come to me with the wrong part having been supplied.

Exactly, do you do everyting perfectly 100% of the time, no.

I'm sure opie oils will deal with this in the normal proffessional mannor they run there company.

Just a shame you have chosen to jump up and down like a school girl about it.

the problem is, i have already used the fresh oil with the old filter. so the fresh oil has probably flushed the crap out of the old filter and around the engine again.
to answer the question above about checking the part, maybe you are a walking catalogue but i'm not, when i order something i expect it to be the right thing and especially so when its mail order.

and i've still not had a refund, perhaps he's gone rogue and the next group but he rapes the club members by not sending anything

kiruji
27-08-2010, 12:19
the problem is, i have already used the fresh oil with the old filter. so the fresh oil has probably flushed the crap out of the old filter and around the engine again.

to answer the question above about checking the part, maybe you are a walking catalogue but i'm not, when i order something i expect it to be the right thing and especially so when its mail order.

It's a PITA when orders are wrong, but you can't blame someone else because you didn't check the order when it arrived. You don't need to be a walking catalogue, just have eyes, surely?

You can hardly blame him because you put the old oil filter back on either - if you were that concerned about crap being flushed out of it, you should have gone and bought another filter from Halfords or a local motor factor.

and i've still not had a refund, perhaps he's gone rogue and the next group but he rapes the club members by not sending anything

Considering he seems to be an official trader on every car forum I've ever used, I suspect he's probably very busy; as has been said, if you're desperate for a reply, pick up the phone - pissing and harping on here isn't going to do much for you other than make people think you're a queen. IMO.

Django67
27-08-2010, 13:04
You didn't have to use the new oil with the old filter. You could have hopped on a bus and gone to halfords or a motor factors. Or you could have checked the filter was correct before you put it on. Besides, I'm sure the oil will be fine until the next change.

I'm with everyone else: a phone call would have seen this resolved very quickly, without all the melodrama.

voodoo_melon
27-08-2010, 13:11
the problem is, i have already used the fresh oil with the old filter. so the fresh oil has probably flushed the crap out of the old filter and around the engine again.The shit will stay in the filter, it's not going to flush it all back out is it.

arry
27-08-2010, 13:15
your silence is deafening oilman!!

I was going to go off on a rant with all sorts of expletives thrown in for good measure but i think your lack of response does enough..

Never made a mistake in your life?

think you need to chill out. Golden rule of anything car related; check you've got the right parts before you start.

Mistakes happen, shit happens, ranting and rolley eyes smilies aren't solving shit and just make you look like you're sulking. A phone call and a polite conversation probably would have got you some more oil and a filter FOC without a nick of bother.

Why are people so out for a ruck and to jump on people's mistakes nowadays?

It makes me a saaaad panda

Clouder_sx
27-08-2010, 13:18
I live just up the road from Opie, and Guy and co are top guys who will bend over backwards to help you out and sort a good deal out :nod: they arent cowboys, i'm sure this is just a one off mistake, it happens :) the forum is only a small part of the job they do, it's an actual company which you serve people over the counter in, and so cant always be at the computer. The phone however ;) would have been a good shout to use.

channie
27-08-2010, 13:55
Clearly a mistake Liam :rolleyes: I've used Opie for years with no problems and from speaking to them at shows etc, they are the sort of guys that would rectify any mistake asap :nod:

If you had pm'd them or called than and explained what had happened I'm sure they would have given you a new filter and maybe some more oil.

Instead you start this thread... honestly what did you think it would achieve?

More to the point I always check I have the right replacement bits before starting a job :thumbs:

Aitch
27-08-2010, 15:07
More to the point I always check I have the right replacement bits before starting a job :thumbs:

I can't see that catching on... :no:

:wack:

GarageSR
27-08-2010, 15:35
Drained the oil, took the filter off and then when i was about to put on the new filter i noticed you had sent me the wrong size filter.

Thanks for that oil expert :thumbs: :rolleyes:

Part and parcel of car maintenance I'm afraid, unless this is your first attempt at fixing something yourself I'm sure you will have had the wrong parts before. If most of us on here had a fiver for each time we'd been given the wrong parts from whichever motor factors/main stealer/supplier then we'd all be running 600 brake forged monsters on volks (for example). Hence the reason why anyone with any form of common sense will check they have the correct part and not simply expect to have the right parts. To start a rant on here questioning opie's level of expertise is, as has been said before, making you look like a childish drama queen.

Liam
27-08-2010, 20:26
its only escalated to this because i have been ignored, not good after sales care is it?
He will have seen this because he has been online several times since i started this thread and he has posted in a thread above this one in this section.

sideways14a
27-08-2010, 20:32
Jesus fkin christ its only an oil filter, just go down halfords and get a proper one and dont give it a seconds thought.

Yeah shit happens, hell the amount of crap i have had over the years with shit breaking, wrong parts, stuff turning up late, not turning up, turning up broken, fitting it wrong, fitting it and breaking it, forgetting to fit it, fitting the wrong bit by mistake and then fitting it right and it still for some unkown reason still fks up... is unbelievable.

That said its good customer service to at least acknowledge the problem a customer is reporting :nod:

Liam
27-08-2010, 20:37
Jesus fkin christ its only an oil filter, just go down halfords and get a proper one and dont give it a seconds thought.

That said its good customer service to at least acknowledge the problem a customer is reporting :nod:

i know its just an oil filter, its other folk thats keeping it going. i just want a refund on the filter.
or maybe i should do a chargeback on the credit card, maybe that will make him take notice :wack:

Ross S14
27-08-2010, 20:48
Typical ranting by SXOCers :rolleyes: All the OP was asking for was a refund and acknowledgement of the error on a forum Opie Oils have a trade section in!

I do think, however, that mistakes happen and I'm sure Opie do there upmost to maintain a good level of customer care and quality control, otherwise they wouldn't have grown to be the nationally-recognised company that they are now. :thumbs:

Clouder_sx
27-08-2010, 20:48
Pick up the phone dude!!! :) they will be MORE than happy to sort you out a free filter i'm sure :nod:

VIDAL BABBOON
27-08-2010, 21:06
Typical ranting by SXOCers :rolleyes:

?

This is a forum. Business people are very busy on times so cant check every post by every person (it's just not possible) Hell sometimes they may not even have time to even log on to the forum.

Someone has logged on to the site granted, BUT they may not have even been into the section. Hell they may have just wanted to check a past PM or something.

Just because someone has logged onto the forum does not mean they have been through every post and read every new thread/post.

If you need an urgent response, don't post on the Internet :no: pick the phone up :nod:

Many people have the done the same thing as the OP and it's really getting boring now. Having to tell people there is such a thing as a telephone that enables you to have instant person to person discussions, and you don't even need to a keyboard:wack:

Liam
27-08-2010, 21:16
Just because someone has logged onto the forum does not mean they have been through every post and read every new thread/post.

I have already said that he has been in this section and posted in a thread right above this one.
Your boring me with your brown noseing

Django67
27-08-2010, 21:45
So, have you phoned or emailed them yet? :confused:

VIDAL BABBOON
27-08-2010, 21:47
LOL

Nice reply :wack:

Check how many times i have used Opie and you may struggle to find any lol

piman2k
27-08-2010, 21:48
I have already said that he has been in this section and posted in a thread right above this one.
Your boring me with your brown noseing
He's not brown nosing mate, I think you're sound from your posts on here but Vidal does have a point. Call them. They're one of the most friendly places you can come across and I'm sure they'd bend over backwards to get you your refund.

Jem
27-08-2010, 22:10
So, have you phoned or emailed them yet? :confused:

Seconded!

GarageSR
30-08-2010, 15:28

I dont see any rants :no: Just people pointing out that

A: People make mistakes, none of us are robots

B: Check parts before removing old parts due to point A

C: Phone is still the best method of getting any issues resolved quickly, not posting on forums questioning peoples expertise

Aitch
30-08-2010, 16:44

It was a ranting SXOCer that started the thread to have a rant :wack: :wack:

ArCKaNe
30-08-2010, 17:01
lmao @ this thread!
2 pages over a wrong oil filter! haha

Have you called opie yet?!

kingj
30-08-2010, 17:25
So did you even try to contact them by either phone/email/PM before this thread was started??

sxbaz
30-08-2010, 17:34
is the seal on the filter the same size as the old filter?? the actual dimensions can vary a little between the filter size but maintaining the same fitment of the o ring and thread means it might actually fit. or is the thread/ring completely wrong

chri5
30-08-2010, 19:21
to be fair opie has probably seen this thread and ignored it if you haven't tried calling or pm'ing 1st.
i know i would.
moaning publicly isnt the way until you get no response etc via phone/pm

Matt
30-08-2010, 20:02
is the seal on the filter the same size as the old filter?? the actual dimensions can vary a little between the filter size but maintaining the same fitment of the o ring and thread means it might actually fit. or is the thread/ring completely wrong

That would top it off if it was actually the correct filter :wack:

VIDAL BABBOON
30-08-2010, 22:28

I cant see him owning up to that after all this lol

channie
31-08-2010, 13:26
Name change if it was the right filter :D

riske
31-08-2010, 14:18
lol someone ring him and point him to this thread!
If it was me: receive package > open package > Check contents were correct > carry on with job

Think its you that should of paid attention

sxbaz
31-08-2010, 20:13

it only occured to me thinking back to my old vw golf, 3 different filter brands and all 3 were a little different in size except the thread and the o rings, so all 3 fitted

VIDAL BABBOON
01-09-2010, 21:16
I have a had a few different ones in the past :nod: like you say if the thread and flange is the same it's all good :nod:

Aj82
01-09-2010, 21:41
There is faults on both sides but dont see why it needs to be a 3 page discussion?
There could be a few reasons as to why you may have been sent the wrong filter.
Phone them and speak to someone over the phone about it and im sure the problem will sorted with correctly.
Im a mechanic for vw and iv lost cost as to how many times iv been given the wrong parts even after i supply the parts dept with the chassis no and car details.

Cheers Aj

Aitch
01-09-2010, 21:44
There is faults on both sides but dont see why it needs to be a 3 page discussion?

It is the SXOC - this is what we do best :wack:

VIDAL BABBOON
01-09-2010, 21:44
dont see why it needs to be a 3 page discussion?

So don't reply if you feel that way about it ;)

Waveydavey
01-09-2010, 21:51
Gotta agree with most here, were i work we get deliveries in everyday and they do get things wrong from time to time but it all gets checked against the delivery note, yeh it can be an inconvenience but hey ho it happens, all that was needed at the end of the day was a quick phone call explain what the problem is and opie probably would have sent you a new oil filter free and maybe something else to say sorry, its human error.

Aj82
01-09-2010, 22:05
So don't reply if you feel that way about it ;)

Now now, dont go turning on me! lol :wack:
Just thought this would have been closed.

Cheers Aj

bass_junkie123
01-09-2010, 22:22
Ahhh SXOC!!! Always bringing the LULZ!! :wack:

markcro
01-09-2010, 22:54
Man what a jip!
The same happened to me with my mates Rover. We dropped out the oil, the oil filter was bet on, so we ended up destroying it getting it off. Went to put on the new filter and it was the wrong one!! Grrr!! The motorfactors gave us the wrong one. This was on a Sat evening, so I had his Rover blocking my car on the driveway all that evening and night until we could get to Halfords on Sunday morning, had to get another mate to drive 20miles to pick us up!. Total cluster fuk.
But shit happens, everyone makes mistakes.
I always have a stock of at least 2 filters for my car just in case that this happens again.