PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Gasket Gone?? :(

Richy_Boy
25-07-2001, 18:46
My car, since RR'ing it, has starting to make a raspy noise when idling, and the exhaust seems louder when driving.. Is this the turbo gasket? I blew a bolt off the turbo when I first bought the car, and looking at the reciept when it was put back on, there was no replacement gasket!

Would you wise folk recon it was this then which is blowing, or the exhaust manifold?

Please help! Just spend sooooooo much money on the fecking thing.. im on a mission to get it sorted!

------------------
Rich

180 to 210 BHP @???? rpm
S13 J reg Graphite Grey - ND200, Koni Adj., 17" wheelz, dropped. Broken.

Matt_S
25-07-2001, 23:50
Best bet is to replace all 6 (4 x manifold to head, manifold to turbo and trbo to elbow) It sounds like it could any one of them.

Matt

matt_j
25-07-2001, 23:56
just checkin', what exhaust have you got on your car? maybe a standard pipe would've blown but i dunno if the manifold would've gone, turbo gaskets suck, that manifold to turbo seems to go bad!!

------------------
I keep telling you, andyf, your forehead is blocking my view of the road.....

preludeh8er
26-07-2001, 05:22
yeah, my manifold to turbo gasket was poked, maybee due to a loose turbo, i dunno though.

Stuymac
26-07-2001, 07:55
Mines in today for the turbo / manafold gaskets (Cheers Matt_S). The noise is like a raspy, rattle which comes from the passenger footwell where the turbo is.

Mine gets louder as the boost increases, and is currently doing my head in. However, I hope to return home tonight to find it nice and quiet - well quiet in the right places http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Stu - The Red Devil http://forums.civfanatics.com/ubb/devil.gif

DIY T3(knackered), dented front wing, FMIC, but need more power !!

Richy_Boy
26-07-2001, 17:19
I have a janspeed, which is not quiet at the best of times, but it sounds like the raspy sound I was looking for. Did you order your bits from Reading? They said they had a turbo gasket in stock, then found out it was being reserved...

I have now ordered all the 3 turbo gaskets.. Exhaust, outlet shoulder gasket, and apparently theres one whicn goes to the oil feed or something.. was only £2.60 or something so thought why not?!

Thanks for the help. Think its my cr@p standard IC causing too much pressure between the turbo and IC.. Saving for SAAB jobby..

------------------
Rich

180 to 210 BHP @???? rpm
S13 J reg Graphite Grey - ND200, Koni Adj., 17" wheelz, dropped. Broken.