PDA

View Full Version : Generous sole in the SE of england

gunny bedford
02-06-2001, 21:58
Today i took charge of my S13 200sX, its got 115,000 on the clock, but with plenty of service history, it had a new turbo approx 40,000 miles ago. But as seems quite obvious looking at the messages in this group things are not quite right. when accelerating hard the engine begins to surge, likes its miss firing. when i got it the tank was empty so maybe i thought it had sucked up some crap and there was a fuel blockage but it still is doing the same. it had been on the forecourt for over 2 months so again i thought it may just be warming up again, and then i decided maybe its a HT problem. basically is there a knowledgeable person in the SE who would have a look at my S13 and advice my if there is anything seriously amiss with it. any help would be very much appreciated !!!

Jez
02-06-2001, 22:19
I'd have a look for you but Im quite a way away. Check/replace the following for starters:
fuel filter
spark plugs
air filter
clean the air flow meter

------------------
http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jhorsham/200sx.jpg

Dirty S13 with a few mods
200bhp ish with suspension and brake mods for trackdays

Kenny_s13
02-06-2001, 23:04
If you want to know whats wrong book it in with us and we'll gladly take a look. we're in Sidcup - so not too far. Try those other things first , then give us a bell if u have no joy , 0208 309 6309 (Beadles Nissan)

David_S14
03-06-2001, 18:49
Could also be an air leak.
My S14 did the same when I first got it, tracked it doen to a split in the hose to the intecooler. It was OK when pootling round but it was Kangaroo time if you planted it.

------------------
David Cater
1995 S14
K&N,Mongoose.
http://www.kafegaul.com/forum/images/smilies/PROTO-MAN.gif 200SX Man...Standing against trev'd up cars everywhere.

bond_200
03-06-2001, 19:06
I had the same problem and took it to Nissan when I first bought it, they had it for 3 hours and all they did was change the spark plugs and that did not even fix it fully, still a slight problem under foot to the florr acceleration - that cost me £100. A couple of months later it got worse again. This time I took it to Norris Designs, after about 40 mins, they had fixed it. A pipe had come loose and snapped - I think it was part of the fuel pressure regulator. They replaced it with a modified tube and charged me nothing. Bargain.

------------------
Red S13
K&N + dump valve
Skyline Spoiler

Kenny_s13
04-06-2001, 21:50
S14/13, missfire hesitation at high RPM( typically 4-500rpm. The symptoms described may be caused by a crack in the cast aluminium intercooler assy. This may become cracked without any damage being visible to the exterior bodywork. esp if the vehicle has hit a low kerb or similar obstruction.

------------------
1990 S13 std.green/grey 2 tone
15" Smiths Twisters