cone filter
up rated fuel pump
remove vis fan (cooling)
running 15 psi
what mods are needed for more bhp

JohnD76
26-05-2001, 19:55
Afterburner????

What the the state of the Russian economy you can probably pick one up for a few pennies!!

Seriously now...

Have you looked at the Norris Designs catalogue? (http://www.norrisdesigns.com) and give them a bell. I know they will tune an S14 up to 500bhp, if you've got big enough balls and bank balance, that is!

Have a chat with Nathan_200sx too, he is running 280 at the mo and it sounds like he is looking for more.

John.

Paul_S13
26-05-2001, 22:25
You need forged pistons, and a uprated clutch and if your going for well-over 300bhp then you would probably need a HKS or Blitz exhaust(or any exhaust with a 3inch bore tube)

Chimp
27-05-2001, 11:44
you could always use nitrous, since its a humidifier, it both cools existing boost and negates the need for expensive engine internals as you dont have to increase the boost to gain power from it. www.highpower-nitrous.co.uk (http://www.highpower-nitrous.co.uk) know their stuff, and are currently building up a 200sx, last time I spoke to them they were under no doubt that 300bhp could be cracked without touching the boost.. scary. On the other hand you do get to have a button with "go baby!" written on it a la "gone in 60 seconds". How effin cool would that be?!

If you go for increased boost, I think the first things you need are a clutch, piggy back ECU and prolly a bigger AFM and injectors.

------------------
Dan
Red S13

SteveSadler
30-05-2001, 23:46
get a 300zx air flow meter, dont matter whether its a TT or not. All the same. make sure its a Z32 MAF

Then providing u have an APEXi S-AFC u can map the air/fuel curves yaself.
the Z32 Maf will allow 50-75% more air flow.

So at least you'll get a little more air in there

Then u wanna look at Pistons and Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Standard 200sx mafs only good for 310bhp

also may think a DTA management or Unichip. Though some people ont like these., HKS/APEXi electronics can usually solve most problems

SteveSadler
30-05-2001, 23:46
get a 300zx air flow meter, dont matter whether its a TT or not. All the same. make sure its a Z32 MAF

Then providing u have an APEXi S-AFC u can map the air/fuel curves yaself.
the Z32 Maf will allow 50-75% more air flow.

So at least you'll get a little more air in there

Then u wanna look at Pistons and Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Standard 200sx mafs only good for 310bhp

also may think a DTA management or Unichip. Though some people ont like these., HKS/APEXi electronics can usually solve most problems

Papa Lazarou
30-05-2001, 23:53
Or a Vein Pressure Convertor and maybe a GCC, which i've heard is a good thing to have if you're getting into very serious tuning. Totally replaces the air flow meter with a MAP sensor.

At what sort of power level would you need a metal head gasket and strengthened head bolts? I don't know when, but at some point I would think higher flowing injectors may be needed too

[This message has been edited by Papa Lazarou (edited 31-05-2001).]

dexteruk
19-07-2004, 22:58
i was going to ask about map sensors

surely the car has a map sensor as it is - since it must use boost as a load site

so how about a tps?

Chris
19-07-2004, 23:48

surely the car has a map sensor as it is - since it must use boost as a load site

so how about a tps?

you just did

no it hasn't

no it doesn't

it's already got one

andyf
19-07-2004, 23:53
as civil as ever :)

Pete C
20-07-2004, 00:02

so how about a tps?

To elaborate on what Chris said - the S13 uses a M.A.F.S. (Mass Air Flow Sensor, more commonly referred to as an AFM or Air Flow Meter) to work out the mass of air coming into the intake. It then calculates the correct amount of fuel from that.

So, although it is boost related (since the level of boost will affect the mass of air coming in), the ECU does not directly measure the boost level and has no control over it unlike some more modern turbocharged cars that can, for example, limit the boost in certain gears to prevent damage to the transmission.

Personally, I'd like to use a MAP sensor on my S13, since I think it's a much better way of doing it, but for reasons of cost (you'd have to change the entire engine management system!), I'm not gonna bother.

Billy
20-07-2004, 01:08
hi
ive done all the mods for 280bhp
T3 conversion
front intercooler
superchip
actuator
cone filter
up rated fuel pump
remove vis fan (cooling)
running 15 psi

Can anyone help this man? :p

Papa Lazarou
20-07-2004, 01:12
Now theres a blast from the past :eek: :D

Asht_200
20-07-2004, 06:42
hi
T3 conversion
front intercooler
superchip
actuator
cone filter
up rated fuel pump
remove vis fan (cooling)
running 15 psi

Lol at this :D How things have moved on :notworthy

ZXSpectrum
20-07-2004, 06:53
I know... I saw the thread and tought it was a piss take... Then after a while i saw the date...

Matt_S
20-07-2004, 08:18
Hehehe - I quite like it when an old thread pops up. Tbh I find it quite boring sometimes to hear "How do I up the boost?, whats Stage 1 mods?, etc etc"

But then again, even the "oldies" among the club were there once....:rolleyes: :D

Asht_200
20-07-2004, 16:44
hi
T3 conversion
front intercooler
superchip
actuator
cone filter
up rated fuel pump
remove vis fan (cooling)
running 15 psi

Gary,

I reckon you'll need Forged Pistons, Rods, Big Intercooler, larger Turbo, say TD06-20G, OMEX Management etc, with all that you should be well over 400hp :thumbs:

Gary@APT
20-07-2004, 20:06
and 30k lighter!!!!

no one ever told me that

Matt_S
20-07-2004, 21:27
Pmsl...:d