PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* - Rota GKR

Evilchap
16-06-2010, 15:50
We have just got our first delivery of some more brand new wheels :D

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/Wheels/391.jpg
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/Wheels/396.jpg
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/Wheels/393.jpg

Rota decided to make these, so who were we to say no when they had some available for our container :D

I know some people may be marginally unimpressed, but we like them, and they're light!

Under 9kg for 18x9.5!!!

Available in 18x9.5 ET30 5114 only at the moment in the colours above, more sizes / colours to follow.

All constructive critisism, helpful comments, abuse and down right hatred greatfully received :wack:

piman2k
16-06-2010, 15:51
:(

They were doing so well with being original with the GTR-D.

arry
16-06-2010, 15:52
Are they ever going to design their own wheels? :wack:

They do look well though - love the Enkei's anyway so a good cheap alternative is definitely a winner.

Richie200sx
16-06-2010, 15:54
Reminds of Super Turismos's that you see on many hot hatches. Not sure if they'll suit jap cars. But I do like them.:thumbs:

docwra
16-06-2010, 15:57
Reminds of Super Turismos's that you see on many hot hatches. Not sure if they'll suit jap cars. But I do like them.:thumbs:

They are extremely similar to the Enkei NT03, but I reckon thats just a coincidence ;)

Sorry Ben, but gotta say I agree with Piman on this one :)

shogun
16-06-2010, 16:07
Nope. These are not for me. I like the GTR-D, they are much more spot on race rims.

Daz
16-06-2010, 16:09
All constructive critisism, helpful comments, abuse and down right hatred greatfully received :wack:
so that covers you but what about the wheels :wack:

I think they look cool but thats because I love the originals.

Rarerims.co.uk
16-06-2010, 16:12
They are extremely similar to the Enkei RPF01, but I reckon thats just a coincidence ;)

Sorry Ben, but gotta say I agree with Piman on this one :)

I would say more like the NT03+M's

One of my top three favourite wheels in the world

zeppelin101
16-06-2010, 16:12
Are they ever going to design their own wheels? :wack:

They do look well though - love the Enkei's anyway so a good cheap alternative is definitely a winner.

The original NT03s are super cheap for what they are in all fairness :wack: I can get a set over here for less than 1k...

Evilchap
16-06-2010, 16:16
The original NT03s are super cheap for what they are in all fairness :wack: I can get a set over here for less than 1k...

Firstly... not the most constructive of comments in the traders section :wack: :p

Secondly... I would like to see your source on those, with exchange rates and taxes what they are, I would imagine you're a way off the mark with that price.

And these ones you talk about, are they stocked, or make believe ;)

zeppelin101
16-06-2010, 16:23
Firstly... not the most constructive of comments in the traders section :wack: :p

No, not constructive at all. But it annoys me that so many people make out that the originals are hideously expensive, when in the grand scheme of things - some of them are actually quite affordable.

Secondly... I would like to see your source on those, with exchange rates and taxes what they are, I would imagine you're a way off the mark with that price.

And these ones you talk about, are they stocked, or make believe ;)

I checked on a set of RPF1s from a place in the US last week and I was quoted just shy of 1k shipped as far as Heathrow or Gatwick. 17x9 and 17x10. The NT03s are a little more expensive, but not massively so.

Discussion for somewhere else anyway. I won't clutter your thread further.

Evilchap
16-06-2010, 16:29
Shipping is 1 thing, but then you add duty and VAT and you're looking at a chunk more, for no benefit, as they weigh the same, and are made in the same way, and tested with certification to the same regulations!

Also, 17x9s and 17x10s are going to be cheaper than 18s by a fair bit.

As you say though, a conversation for somewhere else ideally ;) :thumbs:

docwra
16-06-2010, 16:30
I would say more like the NT03+M's

One of my top three favourite wheels in the world

Sorry, quote fixed - I meant the NT03 (and actually even checked I was right :wack: ) :thumbs:

piman2k
16-06-2010, 16:41
Feedback from your potential customers to the manufacturer - we want more original designs. GTR-D is a smash hit :)

Evilchap
16-06-2010, 16:48
Feedback from your potential customers to the manufacturer - we want more original designs. GTR-D is a smash hit :)

Agreed... this is what we have been saying A LOT to them!

hopefully we'll be there soon, there are more in the pipeline :)

MEL
22-06-2010, 13:13

I got mine for a lot lot lot lot lot less than that ;)

Dont suppose you know how they compare weight wise to the originals do you? Could do with 18s to raise the car a little but the originals are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo light

GarageSR
22-06-2010, 18:04
As far as wheels go they look alright but is it only me who's pi55 boils at the fact that Rota just blatantly copy other manufacturers designs? Yes they are cheaper but the price reflects in the quality surely? I cant say I've ever heard a good word about the finish....

Sorry for the rant fellas but does nobody value originality anymore?

For what its worth Evilchap, I think these will sell quite well:nod:

bass_junkie123
22-06-2010, 18:09
I'd like to see some ACTUAL original designs! GTR-D is very nice, but it is just a Nismo rim with a dish added!

Something REALLY new and exciting at a Rota price and I'd be 100% interested! :nod:

Evilchap
23-06-2010, 11:32
I got mine for a lot lot lot lot lot less than that ;)

Dont suppose you know how they compare weight wise to the originals do you? Could do with 18s to raise the car a little but the originals are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo light

They are identical weight to the NT03s. As it happens, Rota and Enkei also share all sorts of things, like supplying each other metal, and I know Enkei contract out all over to do testing manufacture :)

As far as wheels go they look alright but is it only me who's pi55 boils at the fact that Rota just blatantly copy other manufacturers designs? Yes they are cheaper but the price reflects in the quality surely? I cant say I've ever heard a good word about the finish....

Sorry for the rant fellas but does nobody value originality anymore?

For what its worth Evilchap, I think these will sell quite well:nod:

Thanks for the feedback :wack: The finish isn't as shiny as wheels that cost twice as much or more, but in terms of strength and weight they're as good or better than any other cast wheels.

Also, it's not just Rota who copy / share designs, almost every wheel manufacturer makes wheels that are just like other manufacturer.

I'd like to see some ACTUAL original designs! GTR-D is very nice, but it is just a Nismo rim with a dish added!

Something REALLY new and exciting at a Rota price and I'd be 100% interested! :nod:

Be serious here... it's nothing like the Nismo wheel as it stands. Rota plan to have original wheels in their line-up, and are currently in the process of increasing capacity to really go for this in a big way.

The thing is though, people want wheels that look like JDM rare wheels, but dont want to pay £3k+ for them, somebody was always going to make that possible, I dont see people ranting about replica wheels, sportmax or similar, you really need to move on from the Rota bashing!

StevenC
23-06-2010, 11:38
Nothin wrong with Rotas. I smashed up two of them into a kerb at 40 and they were in a far more repairable state than a SSR wheel I saw that took a similar impact.

Rota bashing is for morons.

I like these!! Any idea when 17's will be available?

MEL
23-06-2010, 11:42
They are identical weight to the NT03s. As it happens, Rota and Enkei also share all sorts of things, like supplying each other metal, and I know Enkei contract out all over to do testing manufacture :)

Cool, i am not really one for "bashing" but i would genuinely love for companies to come up with some original designs or re-work an existing design enough so it stands out from the original - like BC have done (i dont like the wheels personally) but in this case i would be more than happy to roll on rotas considering i have a set of the nto3's aswell.

Any idea on when more sizes will be available?

Evilchap
27-07-2010, 10:29
http://cdn.driftworks.com/wp-content/uploads/11.jpg

Awesome :D

Damo
27-07-2010, 10:31
that dont look to bad at all

Chriscooke
27-07-2010, 10:46
that dont look to bad at all

Thats what I was thinking. They really suit the s14 :nod:

Damo
27-07-2010, 13:17
yeah it works well, alot better than how i was thinking it would look

James_S15
29-09-2010, 09:56
lol Evilchap I bet when Rota start making most of their lineup as original designs people will pick at something else and have a good bash :wack:

Aj82
29-09-2010, 18:49
Have to say i liked these from the beginning and seeing them on that s14 above has confirmed that for me.
I say well done guys.

Cheers Aj

JulesS14200
29-09-2010, 19:11
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a backwards step :horse:

liamc111
29-09-2010, 19:28
is there going to be anymore offset options?

Evilchap
03-10-2010, 11:43
No other offset options yet... but I think there will be some slightly lower ones soon, only around 25 offset though :(

Alex B
05-10-2011, 12:09
Any idea if these are gonna be available in a lower offset anytime soon?

Alex B

Evilchap
05-10-2011, 13:32
Not hugely likely, only 18x9 ET25 and 18x9.5 ET30 I am afraid.

justbutts
28-09-2012, 18:18
No chance of a 17 x 9.5 to fit the sx?

Evilchap
02-10-2012, 11:36
Not likely I am afraid :(

sorry for slow reply, I have had a week off :)