PDA

View Full Version : If you have a CA18det or knowledge of your assistance would be appriciated.

sil80
22-07-2001, 15:19
Ok my 240sx just went through a swap had the old KA now its a CA though there is no one else in my area with the ca18det to assist me with troubles I am facing.... vaccum lines. I have connected a few of them though I am really not sure if they are correct because the 200sx FSM incates nothing as to where these vaccum lines are supposed to connect. Currently the care is running really rich I'm talking about 8 miles to the gal. I have several lines in the engine bay with just screws going into the holes because I do not know where to connect them, there are 4 lines comming from lower rear of the intake manifold color coded red, white, blue, and the last is not colored. there is another line comming from just benieth the throttle body opening, and another on the side of the intake manifold though closer to the throttle body opening, though it is connected to my blow off valve and boost gauge is teed into it, the last vaccum lines are comming form the turbo wastegate and another metal line just above the turbine which comes from behind the engine, this one I have teed with the another line from the intake pipe going into a boost solenoid, the line from the turbo wastegate is also going to second connector on the boost solenoid which connects to the power transistor, I am using the ca18det mafs and a hot pipe ( no intercooler ) until next tuesday.

Any assistance in this matter would be appriciated, if you have a digital camera pictures of your ca18det vaccum lines sent to cbuhe@tampabay.rr.com would be a huge help.

Thanks sil80.

------------------

Chimp
22-07-2001, 16:35
Originally posted by sil80:
there is another line comming from just benieth the throttle body opening, and another on the side of the intake manifold though closer to the throttle body opening, though it is connected to my blow off valve and boost gauge is teed into it,

those two are right, mine are blanked off and just run a boost gauge. i will read through that lot slowly and see if i can figure out what goes where, i dont have a digicam though http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/frown.gif

Matt_S
22-07-2001, 17:37
Hi Sil,
Firstly, the two outlets on the plenum chamber: Dont worry about them, just block them off. Use the 6mm one on the side to run your boost gauge. On Cat equipped cars these go to the charcoal canister - part of the emissions control.
The other hoses whch you refer to I will be re-plumbing this week and let you know. I have a camera but my little browser box doent let me download pics from disk!
They basically run from the fuel pressure reg to the solenoid and then from the solenoid back to the vaccum outlet under the fpr - onbe utilises the metal pipe which runs behind the engine and across the turbo, the other just attaches to the breather hoses for the cam covers. There is another hose which runs to the solenoid from the intake pipe after the afm.

The reason why I'm re-plumbing is cos I saw a car with a ND adj actuator and the hoses to the solenoid had been rremoved and the fpr was fed straight off the plenum pressure. Thgought I try it to see iff it would make he boost control work better, but no, it didn't. SteveCarter100 tried it also and found that it pinked badly(?)
When I see Simon, I'm gonna ask why he uses this method. After reading the manual, it would appear the solenoid tells the regualtor when/how to regulate, or maybe a form of boost control - not sure, but the S14 has something similar.

I'll keep you posated and let you know which hoses go where

Matt

sil80
23-07-2001, 02:59
Thanks for your interest, really appriciate it!

Quest
23-07-2001, 14:45
Whassup sil80,
good to see you showed up.
post back the "fix" when you get your problem solved.
Aussie yahoo forum has alot of knowledgeable "tech heads", but that format stinks! It'd be nice if they could post here as some real interesting topics arise

I'm still not clear on where you got your ca motor in miami ?

Check the crankshaft bearing threads on this forum.... might be wise to change yours before you get too boosting, as they don't give too much warning.

later

sil80
24-07-2001, 04:11
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quest:
I'm still not clear on where you got your ca motor in miami ?

My friend told me that the name of the place is Marshall Exports/Imports? in Miami..

sil80
26-07-2001, 09:10
Hey Matt you stated...
They basically run from the fuel pressure reg to the solenoid and then from the solenoid back to the vaccum outlet under the fpr - onbe utilises the metal pipe which runs behind the engine and across the turbo, the other just attaches to the breather hoses for the cam covers. There is another hose which runs to the solenoid from the intake pipe after the afm.

Ok I understand.. well kinda because the I have just this one solenoid with just two outlets the fuel pressure regulator you refer to is the small one on the fuel rail right? You stated I use the line off of that to the solenoid then run it from the solenoid to the metal line behind the engine to the wastegate I imagine when you said turbo... ok you also said that the intake pipe sends a line to the solenoid, well I'm all out inlets/outlets on my solenoid to run this, am I supposed to run a T in the line somewhere? The other problem I face is the other vaccum line that runs from the larger thing that looks like a fuel pressure regulator thats next the one on the fuel rail.. (maybe I have the two mixed up or are the both fuel pressure regulators?) where should I run this line?

Thanks for all the help.
Sil80

olly200sx
26-07-2001, 09:29
Hi SIl,

The second more rather large regulator is for the butterfly's that go through the head, if you look closely you'll see a bar on the end of it, just don't connect anything to it as it won't work unless you have a solenoid to control it !

------------------
S13 - Lots of Mods

sil80
26-07-2001, 15:52
Ok that is now understood though I am still in an even greater bind. So with all of these lines that are to connect to this one solenoid with just one door to go in and one door to exit, How should I connect the all of the vaccum lines, I experimented twice with just placing T's in the lines to allow the other lines to reach this one solenoid and just ended up unregulated boost, not quite what I expected though.
Is there another solenoid other than the one that connects to the power transistor chip?

mickyturbz
27-07-2002, 07:11
Hey i also have this darn problem i dont know where to run the vacuum lines from the solenoid thingy.

Ok lets do it slowly the solenoid has three pipes right one on the side, one in the middle and another right beside it right.

Which one of these goes into the intake pipe?

if i am understanding correctly one of these has to go to the fuel pressure regulator right which one?

And where does the last one go.

P.S. What does this solenoid thing do any ways?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Chimp
27-07-2002, 08:10
Mine has always had one missing, the only two being used being the one to the FPR and one to the induction pipe. However I now run the FPR directly from the back of the inlet manifold and have simply blocked the induction pipe. Thus removing the solenoid from having any function. I never noticed any change other than the Idle CO readings are high as the AFM adjustment doesnt work without it. Fuelling is fine through the revs though.

its a bit early in the morning to think... i will prolly edit this later :D

mickyturbz
27-07-2002, 13:45
right but which one goes where cause my car wont idle and im trying to find out why.:confused: :(

mambastu
28-07-2002, 22:56
Ignore the inner wing solenoid valve and run the Fuel pressure regulator vacuum feed directly from the back of the inlet manifold. The solenoid just boosts fuel pressure for a little while from startup.

epox
29-07-2002, 07:22
ive got a nissan parts scematic for the vacume lines for a uk spec car at home if you pm me your email ill email it to u, ive got a japspec engine fittedin my motor and it runs fine piped as uk spec

in falaraki at the moment but will be home end of week

epox