PDA

View Full Version : Shanky Valve seals

preludeh8er
19-07-2001, 03:13
just the other day my '91 s13 dropped a cylinder so i took it into the local nissan fiends and $60 and a compression test later and they told me two cylinders were at half compression and its likely to be my valves (also cleared water off plug, no more missfire). i don't know a great deal about whats happening in there, but enough to get along. Anyway, i wanted to know if there was any other work i should get done while they are getting amongst it. Also they tried to tell me i may have a cracked exhaust manifold but they didn't even put the car up and i reckon the fluttry noise is coming from between the turbo and exhaust where the those 3 tricky little nuts work loose sometimes () maybee burned out gasket on trip up north earlier this year).
Any veiws would be appreciated.
oh and i'm not getting the work done at nissan too $, instead i know an ex nissan man whos done 2 lots of valves already, bout $1500 (500 odd quid yeah)

------------------
Stock standard deals to honda preludes, ok.

Mannie
19-07-2001, 12:19
Probably worth getting your big end and con-rod bearings changed at the same time. I know its not the same part of the engine but whilst its off the road, now is the best time to do them.