PDA

View Full Version : Rear Subframe Bushes

Kristian
11-07-2001, 14:03
Mannie,

Did you fit your subframe bushes?? I recieved mine yesterday and i'm fitting them this weekend. Hopefully they'll improve the rear end sogginess as well as the banging subframe. Hoepfully these Nismo jobbies will be a bit stiffer than the old ones aswell.

Chimp
11-07-2001, 15:21
was talking abou this today on MSN with steve and jim. If you find an easy way to do it, let us know!

Mannie
12-07-2001, 13:54
Hi Kristian,
I had a go on Saturday.

It was a real bugger of a job to do on axle stands. Getting the old bushes out was by far the hardest part.

If the car was on a ramp you could get a decent sized hacksaw at them which would make life a whole lot easier.

I was working on my own getting the old bush out (there is only enough room for one person) and Steve Sadler helped me getting the sub-frame back into place as the whole thing (including prop-shaft) had moved down and rearwards meaning that the propshaft had come out the gearbox by about 20mm. Had to use a ratchet luggage strap to help it back in.

The new bushes are slightly too large for the existing holes so I filed out as much as I dared from the sub-frame hole and dropped the bush in. It went in half way and I was hoping that the weight of the car would force it into place. No such luck. Gonna have another go saturday morning.

Oh, and only got one side done.

Anyone got a lifting ramp I can use in the North London area?

Pleeeeeeeeaaaase

Kristian
12-07-2001, 15:17
I'm going to take the whole subframe and diff off and try it that way. might give me more room to cut stuff away and get the new bushes in. think it may save time and effort in the long run. theres nothing worse than struggling under the car to do what should be a quick job and turns out taking 2hours. I can let you know how i get on if you like. im starting on saturday morning. hope to get them done in the day, weekend, week, as quickly as possible!!!!