PDA

View Full Version : Knob Wobble

Ripper
09-07-2001, 11:58
I get this when driving over those speed strips at the top of motorway exit sliproads.

Any suggestions?

------------------
Ripper

Grey '93 S13 Auto
Mods: Uprated smelly tree
Tree uprated at Ripper Laboratories, Florida.

Jezz_S13
09-07-2001, 12:08
Jock strap.

------------------
Please take nothing I say literally; even I don't believe it.

Chimp
09-07-2001, 12:22
stop driving over them then you perv http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/biggrin.gif

dave_s13
09-07-2001, 12:38
I have problems with my knob wobbling as well.

Don't play with it too much or it might fall off.

Anyone else have a wobbly knob? Does this mean my gearbox is gunna fall off or something?

------------------
****in shut up woman, the car was supposed to slide like that...

Mannie
09-07-2001, 13:09
My knob seems to wobble a lot more than it used to. (seriously) I presume that the gearbox is just bolted to the engine and maybe another rubberised mounting bracket. Should have had a look yesterday when I was under my car trying to get the propshaft all the way back into the gearbox after spending hours replacing on of my rear subframe bushes!!

Ripper
09-07-2001, 13:13
Could well be right there, Dave.

Problems with Knobs and boxes are usually linked.... http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Ripper

Grey '93 S13 Auto
Mods: Uprated smelly tree
Tree uprated at Ripper Laboratories, Florida.

andyf
09-07-2001, 19:16
Matt_J mentioned a while ago that he thought his knob had a bit too much movement. I had a play with mine and it seems fairly rigid, just a bit of movement. How much would this cost to fix, and is it indicative of a gearbox on its way out ?

------------------
Graphite Grey S13
HKS Eggs Horsed / KYB Shocks and Startled / AVO Trampolines
- All comments are based on the size of my triceps -

olly200sx
10-07-2001, 09:01
I have had my car for 4.5 years and my nob was fine until I started modding it, then the idle started to suffer a bit and thus the gearshift moves around, now I v'e sorted the idle my nob is solid as a rock (gearbox that is). Try raising the revs a bit and see if it steadies itself, and if so you have a slightly out of tune engine.

------------------
S13 - Lots of Mods