PDA

View Full Version : twisted monkeys pro street drag car

200sxslide
11-03-2008, 23:08
hi everyone bought myself a new car and am planning to use it for the pro street drag series in the 13.3 to 12.3 class .in my other 200sx i got a time of 14.5 with stage 1 mods maybe about 220bhp and very stripped out :thumbs:the plan is the same for this one except i now have stage 2 mods piled up and ready to go on theres lots to do and only 38 days left to do it so i better get crackin

a few piccies to be getting on with :wack:

800bhp
12-03-2008, 07:36
Good luck with the build, see you at the track :thumbs:

Only 38 days to go......... better get my finger out too :)

M.D.
12-03-2008, 13:15
get some standard wheels for the rear mate, a friend of mine had much much better launches than me with standard wheels even tho i had wide 18s.

good luck mate

200sxslide
12-03-2008, 13:20
Good luck with the build, see you at the track :thumbs:

Only 38 days to go......... better get my finger out too :)

thanxs mate ill see u at the strip:thumbs:

awretham
12-03-2008, 15:12
Looks nice and clean :thumbs: If you ever need a hand let me know :nod:

CrazySx
12-03-2008, 15:16
I was going to say.. either deck it or get some fatter rubber.. looks good otherwise :thumbs:

Matty2Fatty
12-03-2008, 15:20
kool man!! give us a shout if you ever need a hand on it :thumbs:

I've been off work the past 2 days, could have popped round if i'd known :wack:

Noz
13-03-2008, 18:32
get some standard wheels for the rear mate, a friend of mine had much much better launches than me with standard wheels even tho i had wide 18s.

good luck mate

Noooooo, standard wheels are way too thin. It's just that trying to launch on wide 18s with low profile tyres won't work.

M.D.
13-03-2008, 18:44
thats a fair point too NOZ, i just saw the pic of the wheels he is running and it immidiately reminded me of my last 1/8th mile experience.

Quail
13-03-2008, 20:10
I love watching drag projects! Good luck!

200sxslide
17-03-2008, 12:08
Looks nice and clean :thumbs: If you ever need a hand let me know :nod:

thanxs mate i might have to hold u to that offer:thumbs:

200sxslide
17-03-2008, 12:09
I was going to say.. either deck it or get some fatter rubber.. looks good otherwise :thumbs:

i will be getting differant rims and tyres soon :thumbs::nod:

200sxslide
17-03-2008, 12:11
kool man!! give us a shout if you ever need a hand on it :thumbs:

I've been off work the past 2 days, could have popped round if i'd known :wack:

hi matty hows u mate u fixed that car yet?lol mate i will be needing lots of spare hands soon :wack:also mate need u to unplug a few things like u did last time :thumbs:if possible ill give u a bell:thumbs:

200sxslide
17-03-2008, 12:14
Noooooo, standard wheels are way too thin. It's just that trying to launch on wide 18s with low profile tyres won't work.

couldnt agree more mate i will be getting new wider rims and rubber thinking about some mickey thompson e/t drag tires since there allowed.hows u mate car nearly ready yet saw ure power figure very impressive oh also mate couldnt tell me how to wire up my new headlights could u think mine r the same as ures ?im crap with electrics thanxs mate

200sxslide
17-03-2008, 12:16
thats a fair point too NOZ, i just saw the pic of the wheels he is running and it immidiately reminded me of my last 1/8th mile experience.

i agree mate there will be new rims and rubber but not untill maybe the third round:thumbs:

800bhp
17-03-2008, 12:54
38 days left to do it so i better get crackin

only 33 days to go now... hope your progress is better than mine :(

i've got a few piles of bits but they aren't much good if not on the car !!!

Noz
17-03-2008, 15:43
Time sure is ticking down. Working like a demon on the car this week for York dragway at the weekend :smash:

Noz
17-03-2008, 15:45
couldnt agree more mate i will be getting new wider rims and rubber thinking about some mickey thompson e/t drag tires since there allowed.hows u mate car nearly ready yet saw ure power figure very impressive oh also mate couldnt tell me how to wire up my new headlights could u think mine r the same as ures ?im crap with electrics thanxs mate

Sorry mate, missed this :o

IIRC, the blue wires are the main beam, the red wires for the sidelight/halos. I wired up the outside 2 lights to the dipped beam, the inside lights to the flash/full beam. Halos to the sidelights.

200sxslide
24-03-2008, 17:32
Sorry mate, missed this :o

IIRC, the blue wires are the main beam, the red wires for the sidelight/halos. I wired up the outside 2 lights to the dipped beam, the inside lights to the flash/full beam. Halos to the sidelights.

hi mate thanxs for that ill give it a try and hopefully everything should work ,not quite ready yet to do them though have put everything back onthe engine and she wont fire:cry:

200sxslide
24-03-2008, 17:50
a few pics of what ive been up 2 on the car over the weekend in the snow:eek:first i finished putting the turbo back on the car and its basicly done. just need a braided water pipe which im waiting on from apex and its done .
then i changed the fuel tanks over as the one on the car was dented:( so now its got a much better one .:)
then we strip the interior out a bit and chipped away at some of the sound deadning and removed all the trim panels from the boot .while i was in the boot i fitted the rear strut brace aswell.
next job was to tidy up the engine bay a bit. fitted my blue rocker covers and shiney coilpack cover also put all the induction pipes back on aswell as my blitz sus air filter and blitz dump valve and then my rad cooling panel:thumbs:

whilst i was doing this my friend brad(thanxs dude)got the roof sanded down and primed ready to be sprayed black .:D
last job was to remove the rear bumper to have a better look at the dent on the rear panel which was done .the dents not too bad and will be repaired. not a bad weekends work and i have;nt told u about monday yet :thumbs:

200sxslide
24-03-2008, 17:52
more piccies:thumbs:

Noz
27-03-2008, 02:33
How are things coming along matey?

Don't time fly when you're building/prepping a car for coming events :annoyed:

200sxslide
12-04-2008, 01:25
How are things coming along matey?

Don't time fly when you're building/prepping a car for coming events :annoyed:

hi mate not good car still not ready and just 7 days left might have to bring her to the first round in standard form and then fit all my stage 2 stuff for round 2 thanxs mate ill see u next weekend:thumbs:

Noz
12-04-2008, 06:14
hi mate not good car still not ready and just 7 days left might have to bring her to the first round in standard form and then fit all my stage 2 stuff for round 2 thanxs mate ill see u next weekend:thumbs:

Bummer dude :(

200sxslide
27-05-2008, 01:09
well i havnt updated the thread in a long time so here gos

didnt make round 2 in the car as i didnt have a engine :cry:but have now sorted an engine and can press on with getting her ready for round 3 the list is quite big

1.change engines
2.fit t28
3.fit walbro fuel pump
4.wire up oil pressure gauge
5.fit new f.m.i.c.
6.fit fiber-glass bonnet
7.fit bucket seats
8.re-paint rear spoiler
9.fit exedy 5 paddle clutch
10. fit quick shift kit
11.fit aero catches
12.fit stage 2 chip
13.get rolling road tune -up
14.fit nismo gearbox mount
15.fit carbon trim kit
16.fit engine torque damper

:confused:im feeling tired just looking at that list better get on with it :thumbs:

200sxslide
05-06-2008, 13:35
engines in and running should make round 3 :thumbs:

800bhp
05-06-2008, 14:09
well done, be good to see you back out there for round 3 :thumbs:

my cars in bits .... 8 days to go, must get my finger out :smash:

200sxslide
06-06-2008, 00:05
well done, be good to see you back out there for round 3 :thumbs:

my cars in bits .... 8 days to go, must get my finger out :smash:

good luck mate hope 2 see u and ure car there :):thumbs: