PDA

View Full Version : Std Sony Multichanger -> Clarion Head

MarkS14
05-12-2002, 12:10
I've retrieved the Sony CDX-605 multi-changer from my deceased 200 and I'd like to fit it to the std Clarion Headunit in my Primera eGT. The Clarion head unit has CD control functions on it but I never got round to getting a unit.

Does anyone know what I need to do to connect the 2 up (if compatible)? Can I use the std cables from the Sony multichanger or do I need specially adapted one?
I want to avoid the solution which would use an RF connector meaning the head unit would pick up the CD output through an FM channel (lower quality output).

I should have removed the Sony headunit from the 200 but I had limited time.

Cookie
05-12-2002, 13:29
No chance.

It would need a sony on top device and they would cost you more than a new head unit.

C.

MarkS14
09-12-2002, 09:06
Originally posted by Cookie
No chance.

It would need a sony on top device and they would cost you more than a new head unit.

C.

Sony device on top?:confused:
I know that Halfords sell a device which can connect a sony cd changer to virtually any head unit. It costs ~ £50. Is this what you're talking about?

hottroc
02-08-2003, 21:56
I will soo be in the same situation and I'm wondering if you got anywhere with this? I heard you can get a "smart cable" which might be the same thing but not sure.

Marcos
07-08-2003, 22:34
Unfortunately they are not interchangable (although some manufaturers plugs do look the same, don't try it!). The device you mention is an RF unit which will feed the signal into the aerial of your head unit and you can tune into it as if it was a radio station.

Cookie
07-08-2003, 22:40
Go with the sony on top option as it interfaces directly with the headunit and does not use a RF unit.

C.