PDA

View Full Version : Changer cable?

Stef
03-12-2002, 19:36
I've replaced the standard crappy Sony HU with my lovely Pioneer OEL HU and need to run the cable in for the changer I have.

Had a quick look at the weekend and traced the cable from the Sony changer to the rear offside strut top in the boot and then I *presume* it disappears behind the inside rear panel?!?! Couldnt find where it reemerges apart from that I see it ends up running down the centre console.

Can anyone tell me where exactly the cable is run and how easy a job it'll be to replace with my pioneer cable?

Also, I'll need to mount the new changer in the same place as the Sony, any tips on anything I need to avoid as I'm kinda guessing the mounts will be totally different and hence drilling will be required!

Ta.

Daniel san
03-12-2002, 21:02
Changer cable goes down the centre of the car, on the passenger side, under the gear lever, cubby hole, lift up bit etc. Then goes on the floor, on the drivers side, just in front of the rear seats. Then goes behind the side panel by the rear seats and round the rear strut and side panel in the boot. Take the back-side panel out, the rear seats and undo the screws in the centre console between the front seats in other words:) There's a lot of cable ties and sticky tape holding it in place so don't just go tugging at it mate, you could do some damage to some pretty important wires.

Stef
03-12-2002, 21:11
Cheers buddy, as usual you come to the rescue ;)

maverick
04-12-2002, 09:53
Originally posted by Stef
Also, I'll need to mount the new changer in the same place as the Sony, any tips on anything I need to avoid as I'm kinda guessing the mounts will be totally different and hence drilling will be required!
The best thing to do to avoid drilling is to use the existing bolts to attach a piece of (18mm?) MDF to the boot floor and then bolt your Pioneer changer to that. The bolts and steel plate take quite a bit of elbow grease to remove though, so you might want to try a bit of WD40 first.

Mark
05-12-2002, 06:45
I managed to get my changer cable out without removing the seats, just a case of feeling you way around, didnt take long either.

Mark

GrahamB
05-12-2002, 09:18
Tie a bit of string around one end when you remove the old one then tie the other end to the new cable, and just pull through.

That way you won't have to worry so much about removing everything to route the cable:D

As said before, Don't forget to remove all the cable ties, tape etc:rolleyes:

MarkS14
05-12-2002, 10:55
If you've no need for the old multichanger cables I bung a few quid your way.

Stef
05-12-2002, 16:42
I'll have no need for the old cables, changer and HU, although the HU face has been sat on and the display only half works!

Daniel san
05-12-2002, 17:54
Changer and cable's gotta be worth a nifty Stef. Stick it in the For Sale section.