PDA

View Full Version : Will i break something if...

turbo pete
23-10-2002, 22:39
Will i break something if i wire my dads house stereo speakers into hos surround sound tv system as well.

That means that some speakers woill be used by the Tv and also by the stereo. Obviously not at the same time. Thing is, if the TV is off and the stereo is on will the speakers that are wired into both sytems send a signal to the device that is off and harm it?

Pauly_Boy
23-10-2002, 22:56
Erm, if its properly off, i shouldn't think so. I think your best off buying a speaker switch, which is designed for a stereo to have loads of speakers, eg, a set in the kitchen and a set in the living room, and you want to select which one's you have on. Buy one of these, then swap around the inputs and outputs, eg, where the 2 sets of speckers are ment to be pluged in, plug in the tv and stereo, and then have the speakers coming off the input!

Tricky-Ricky
26-10-2002, 20:09
The answer is yes you will feck something ! fit a two way speaker switch!

gaz.thomas
27-10-2002, 13:51
Definitely fit a speaker switch - or get yourself a line output from the telly and run that through your amp and hook the speakers up to that. If you drop me the details of your kit i'll have a look and figure out the best way to hook it all up. (I knew that audio degree would come in handy one day...)

Jason
13-11-2002, 15:08
Yes mate, especially now the fire service is on strike i wouldnt reccommend that!!

turbo pete
14-11-2002, 23:27
Thanks guys