PDA

View Full Version : Project Kiiro Saru!, My Yellow EG Hatch Strip and re-build!

ChrisGee
29-05-2006, 18:26
Hi all,

I know its not a nissan but i thought you guys might be intrested or at least could apreciate my project :) and i dont want any mention of "FWD is pants" or any "scrabble" i dont care :p ;) and sorry if this is in the worng section i wasnt quite sure where to post it :o

Its a 1991 EG3 Dx (1.3 SOHC) UK spec car, this project is to create my "dream" / "prefect" EG Civic hatchback track car, using some of the best parts honda made as std from many models. This is NOT an exercise in fitting as many JDM parts/ going "JDM stylee" or any other B/S im just making in my eyes my "prefect" car using parts i like visualy or parts i know will improve the car.

Over the Course of june/july 2006 the car was stripped and rebuilt, and i shall be keeping an update of progress... and not so progress :lol: so pls do visit my "blog" but start at the bottom and work your way up!

http://project-tamama.blogspot.com/ <---- Click here to visit my blog and check on the progress!

Spec list:

Engine/Performance

Engine:
B16B EK9 Engine and gear box
1.6L DOHC
Flywheel power: 185PS as std
Torque : 118Lb/Ft as Std
Weight: 900KG (TBC)
Weight Distribution (Front/Rear): ???/???kg
Theoretical Power to Weight: 205.55bhp/ton
And 115.62bhp/Litre

Mods:

Std ITR Air box and Intake Pipe with K&N Filter

Exhaust:
EK9 Exhaust Manifold
JDM Cat
Spoon Centre Section
Spoon N1 Back Box
Spoon N1 Bung

Magencor KV85 8.5mm Competition ignition leads.
Carbon/Kevlar plug cover.
Std Type-R Oil Cap.
ITR Full Width Radiator with Manbond anodized red radiator stays.
Spoon Reservoir Covers.
Genuine Factory JDM EK9 Type R N1 Crank Pulley.

mFactory Oil Cooler and Oil Filter relocation Kit.

Suspension/Handling/Wheels/Brakes

Suspension/Hubs/Steering:
Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers
Cusco Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
5 Stud ITR hubs front and rear.
ITR steering rack - 2.7 turns lock to lock.
Chris_Gee inc. Power steering removal kit.

Handling:
ITR Front 24mm A/R bar with energy suspension bushes
Std Rear 16mm A/R bar
Std ITR Front upper Strut brace
Std ITR Rear upper Strut Brace
C-Pillar Brace
Front sub frame with EG6 Lower brace

Wheels:
Road: Standard White Honda Integra Type-R 98 spec 15's with Eagle F1's

Brakes:
Front Calipers: OEM NSX (Red)
Front Disks: 282mm Black Diamond
Front Pads: AEM NSX Fast Road Pads
Front Lines: Goodridge SS

Rear Calipers: OEM ITR
Rear Disks: OEM ITR
Rear Pads: Ferodo
Rear Lines: Goodridge SS

ITR master brake cylinder and servo

Clutch/Gearbox:
Std B16B S4C Gear Box with LSD
Std Clutch
Std Flywheel
Spodder Inc. Braided Clutch Line
B&M Short Shifter with Energy Suspension bushes.

Exterior
No Sunroof
No Bump Strips

JDM "DOHC" "VTEC" door and rear 1/4 decals - TBF
JDM Plastic Headlights
JDM Side Markers
JDM Spoiler with brake light.
JDM Wind Deflectors
Chris_Gee inc. JDM style Rear light conversion.
Vision Technica Amber Front indicators
Colour coded door handles and manual mirrors
HOP Rear Aero Diffuser Panel

Carbon Fiber Bonnet

Interior

Fully stripped out shell with minimal Interior:
JDM 96 spec ITR non SRS Steering Wheel
JDM heater controls
JDM Black Cup Holder
JDM Coin Pocket
Black VTi Dash and VTi dials
ITR Titanium Gear knob
ITR "Red stitch" Gear Gaiter
1 x Bride Brix Black seat with Graduation centre on custom rail.
1 x Std EG3 "Cream" passenger seat.
Custom made Carbon Fiber Sun Visors
Manual Windows

HKS DB 52mm Oil Temp gauge
Tamama doll x 2

In-Car Entertainment (ICE):

None!

Future Plans:

EK9 Dash Conversion
Setup and Tune with Power FC etc

Ta muchos!

Chris_Gee

Si
29-05-2006, 18:42
I'm so looking forward to seeing this in the flesh with it's lovely new shell dude :nod:

Didn't realise so many ITR parts were interchangeable!
Did you manage to get your callipers re-done? Spoke to you yonks about it and had totally forgotten about it :o

Mark S14a
29-05-2006, 20:10
Sounds like its going to be spot on.

Shame I'm probably not going to see it as I'm guessing I don't live near "Jackalope country"?

p.s. If you descide you are going to upgrade the flywheel/anything else, I could be interested :)

ChrisGee
29-05-2006, 20:11
Didn't realise so many ITR parts were interchangeable!
Did you manage to get your callipers re-done?

Aye the Teg was based on the EG civic chassis - so lots of teg parts fit with relativly no problems ;)

Nahh not yet, i really need to get them done and painted - yhpm btw ;)

DaV
29-05-2006, 20:24
lots of projects going on, we need a "projects" thread :thumbs:

FIGJAM
29-05-2006, 20:34
One of my mates of the Honda forums (Kyle M) told me the shell was a bit special I think there are a fair few people wathcing this build and from the spec list looks like a goodun. Its aways great to se things being built from the ground up, by normal people (I guess your nomal having never met) rather than a tuner:) Good luck

IIvIIitch
29-05-2006, 20:36
i had one of those before my first 200, very underestimated cars.

MattyGee
29-05-2006, 21:58
stop spamming sxoc with your scrabble-based antics :smash: :D lol

(I guess your nomal having never met)

you couldnt be more wrong :wack:

ChrisGee
24-06-2006, 07:49
For those that are intrested ive had a huge massive gigantic update

Please note the blog has moved to:

http://project-tamama.blogspot.com/

The project has finaly got underway today!

Many thanks!

Chris_Gee

Dave_S
24-06-2006, 08:46
Excellent, good luck :thumbs:

I loved your old one :smitten:

Dave

MattyGee
24-06-2006, 11:19
white ? but thats a crap colour! :wack: :D

brooklyn.com
24-06-2006, 11:43
look's like a cool project, i've kinda got a soft spot for the older honda's... so much so i spent stupid amounts on my old eg9 saloon.... http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/brooklyn_parry/yju.jpg

and yes that is a real intercooler in the front bumper :wack:

glen200sx
15-05-2007, 15:44
^^ no it aint :P wheres the other pipe then :P turbo side :P:P or i might be a spod and cant see it

bkvj
15-05-2007, 16:17
i've got a real soft spot for EG6 hatchbacks. i wanted one instead of an SX tbh, but resale value is incredibly shit, for the money i was going to put in to it decided it wouldnt be worth it

my thoughts where among these lines:
B16B
buddyclub racing exhaust
buddyclub IV cams(waaaaaaaaahBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!)
high compression pistons
etc

full coilovers
15" rota slipstream with yokohama AO48R tires

championship white (is yours going to be phoenix yellow??)
carbon boot, bonnet, front lip, spoon duck wing

completely stripped out inside with a suede racing wheel, some racing like switches, 2x buckets

aaaah you got me tempting again dude!

i cant do it atm though:( maybe in 2 years

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4690/chris1loresys2.jpg
awesome!

docwra
15-05-2007, 16:26
115bhp per litre out of a 1.6 is 184 bhp, right?? :confused:

Hmmmmm. Is Sir building the car for a lady?? :ghey: ;) :p

Seriously though, with suspension and supporting spec like that, why dont you use a Type-R engine as well?? :confused:

bkvj
15-05-2007, 16:29
Seriously though, with suspension and supporting spec like that, why dont you use a Type-R engine as well?? :confused:

b18C5 is not as good as the B16B. the B16B is pretty much a 1.8 but for some reason still a 1.6 (forgot it now:rolleyes: ).

K20A though...if i only had the cash for one!

spencer_foxwell
15-05-2007, 16:58
I love 5th gen Civics. I used to have a '93 DX before the SX :) Fantastic cars and now I want another one!

Ed
15-05-2007, 17:43
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4690/chris1loresys2.jpg

Needs spacers :p

Looking good Chris :thumbs: Is it going on track at Japfest?

MattyGee
15-05-2007, 18:21

Hmmmmm. Is Sir building the car for a lady?? :ghey: ;) :p

Even with only that much power because its so light its seriously quick :nod:

Vez
15-05-2007, 18:32
Get it in the right section lads :p

xborninthefight
15-05-2007, 19:22
Cool Car mate. I dont know much about tunning these civics, but i always wanted to do one as a track car, if i had the cash.:(

Nice project mate:sxoc: :thumbs:

ChrisGee
15-05-2007, 20:08
Thanks all :)

Well the car was gonna be resprayed carnival yellow, but as i describe on the blog, everything went a bit 'pete tong' and i just bought a white good condition dx and went with that, and i like the fost white :) tbh the title could do with changing to 'Project Tamama!, My White EG3 DX Hatch Strip and re-build!' :)

indeed 185ps as std from a 1.6, one of the most powerfull 1.6 N/A ever (only beaten by some crummy datsun :rolleyes: ) to be breif its a B18 block stroke to just 1.6, slightly diffrent cams and head work and intake/exhaust. And since i think B18's are dull and this is imo the best 1.6 n/a honda ever made :) oh and it is a type-r engine from the ek9 1st (and best) civic type-r.

I dont get this whole spacers thing...... +45 offset is what its staying thankies, and yes indeed ill be on track at japfest at 1:48pm showing up ITR's and the like ;) :D while trying not to crash!

More pictures here if your intrested:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=267813

thanks again

Chris_Gee

bkvj
15-05-2007, 20:50
Thanks all :)

Well the car was gonna be resprayed carnival yellow, but as i describe on the blog, everything went a bit 'pete tong' and i just bought a white good condition dx and went with that, and i like the fost white :) tbh the title could do with changing to 'Project Tamama!, My White EG3 DX Hatch Strip and re-build!' :)

indeed 185ps as std from a 1.6, one of the most powerfull 1.6 N/A ever (only beaten by some crummy datsun :rolleyes: ) to be breif its a B18 block stroke to just 1.6, slightly diffrent cams and head work and intake/exhaust. And since i think B18's are dull and this is imo the best 1.6 n/a honda ever made :) oh and it is a type-r engine from the ek9 1st (and best) civic type-r.

I dont get this whole spacers thing...... +45 offset is what its staying thankies, and yes indeed ill be on track at japfest at 1:48pm showing up ITR's and the like ;) :D while trying not to crash!

More pictures here if your intrested:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=267813

thanks again

Chris_Gee

you are an absolutely legend in my books mate!

where are you? i have to see this car in flesh, absolutely gorgeous!

brooklyn.com
15-05-2007, 21:20
^^ no it aint :P wheres the other pipe then :P turbo side :P:P or i might be a spod and cant see it

the hot pipe enter'd the intercooler at a 90 degree angle to keep the pipe run as short as poss, :nod:
sadly all the old pic's i have of the engine bay are lost in a old photobucket account i can't get into,

anyway it was running a turbo'd b16a2 with motec m4 ecu, cool as and i loved it but it just cost sooo much... in fact i'm still paying for it now, 3 year's after i sold it... :rolleyes:

ChrisGee
16-05-2007, 06:55
you are an absolutely legend in my books mate!

where are you? i have to see this car in flesh, absolutely gorgeous!

well thanks muchly, im in the midlands, ill also be at japfest on saturday on the honda revolutions stand (which is gonna be located neat to the entrance to the track) And ill also be on track at 1:50pm :)

Chris

ATrull
16-05-2007, 07:09
I rather like these :thumbs:

weegaz22
08-06-2007, 11:42
nice mate, ive got an ek3 that i was going to engine swap with an H22, but as its my daily driver i cant justify the time off the road, so buying an sx and use that as project car instead:D

s13silvia
09-06-2007, 04:54
indeed 185ps as std from a 1.6, one of the most powerfull 1.6 N/A ever (only beaten by some crummy datsun :rolleyes: ) Chris_Gee

And a crummy old mitsubishi back in the early 90's :wack:

We wanna see some pics of the new DX .... Surely though buying a DX is even more of an arse-ache given the suspension and brakes are all inferior to the VT/SIR setup?

bkvj
09-06-2007, 06:33
well thanks muchly, im in the midlands, ill also be at japfest on saturday on the honda revolutions stand (which is gonna be located neat to the entrance to the track) And ill also be on track at 1:50pm :)

Chris

cool, are you at JAE by any chance? sorry for the late reply lol

Porker-S14a
09-06-2007, 07:03
Chris, you whore this everywhere :D

ChrisGee
09-06-2007, 07:20
Surely though buying a DX is even more of an arse-ache given the suspension and brakes are all inferior to the VT/SIR setup?

Yes yes it is a ball ache, but its worth it for the weight saving - no sunroof, no electrical erm anything lol + i changed to 5 stud anyway so upgrading the breaks etc was going to be on the cards regardless.

BKvj - yeah ill be at JAE from friday till sunday, i always camp with the SXOC anyway :) but my car will be on the CSC stand.

And yes porkie i whore my car everywhere i can :P